Low carb cheat day?

Discussion in 'Slim And Save' started by Dietninja, 3 May 2014.

1. Dietninja

Dietninja Diet whore...:)

I've been reading a lot on diet cycling at the moment (carb or calorie, to trick your body into thinking you're not on a diet) and it occurred to me that calorie cycling could be attempted on a vlcd. Namely, how would hunger / weight loss be if you had a once a week cheat day...eat what you want as long as it's low carb so you stay in ketosis?

Has anyone tried something like this? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
  2. Suze012

Suze012 Well-Known Member

I think that would be really hard as u would be in and out of ketosis, maybe every 2 weeks or something?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app
  3. Sammy_D

Sammy_D Active Member

I kind of do that... when I feel like giving up and I can't go on I'll have a huge steak and salad or roast chicken or something similar as a cheat meal. It doesn't knock me out of ketosis and it usually doesn't take me over 1000 calories for the day either, but it makes me feel like I've had a treat and sets me back on track.

Not saying I recommend cheating on this program, I wish I could stay 100% on plan for weeks at a time, but this is what I have to do to get myself through it.