Low carb & no carb shopping list

have made a note of all of those thank you so much... but where do you get black farmer sausages from?

Hi, I'm a newbie and am finding this list invaluable. My question is tho about the No carb Sausages from Aldi. I couldn't find them when I went in, are they fresh or frozen and are they under a special name please?

Thank you
Nicky
x

Hi Nicky

I don't remember who posted those sossies, sorry, so no way of checking.

I can recommend Tesco toulouse sossies though, they are yummy :)

They were on offer so got a couple of packs they smell like they have a lot of garlic in them so i may end up with less friends but i will be slimmer!

No idea, might have fillers in and might not. Is there an ingredients list or nutritional info on the site?

Hi x I think they may be ok x ingredients are 97% beef, sodium metabisulphite, ascorbic acid, fresh parsley. It only shows the sugars which is 0. I have ordered them anyway just in case lol

Hi, thank you all for the contributions on here, i'm thinking about trying Atkins, so have just spent the last couple of hours going through this post creating shopping lists & bits of info, don't know if this helps at all, but heres my highlights ;

For a sweet treat that's guilt free try sugar free jelly with cream (you can whisk them up before completely set for mousse mmm
I love the M&S Tomato and Porcini Mushroom Pasta Sauce. It's probably not ideal, but only has 2.9 grams carbs per 100 grams. I slice a courgette with carrot peeler to make "pasta" fry it in olive oil and add the pasta sauce and parmesan. I never miss pasta now. Also love the Black Farmer sausage. I get them from Morrisons.
I had scrambled egg with cottage cheese in yesterday....3 or 4 eggs....about 50g of cottage cheese with chive and onion in.....3g carbs per 100g....and it was lush! Really gooey and tasty....nice break from plain eggs like.
Basically, large-ish casserole dish (with lid), frankfurters ( we used 4, 1.8g carbs per 100g, 8 in the jar, 350g drained weight), sliced mushrooms, grated mozzarella and red onion.....all chopped up and put in the dish....then covered with whisked peppery eggs and baked for about half an hour on gas mark 4 (lid on).

Surprisingly tasty...and filling!
Don't use lean beef. Fat is your friend for juicy burgers.
Don't add too much to 'em; garlic, parsley, dijon, salt "n pepper, that's it.
If adding onions to the meat, caramelize them, raw onions are always better as a slice on top with fresh tomato and lettuce.
Don't add fillers (oatmeal, bread-crumbs, etc) it turns your burgers into meat-loaf.
Don't mix it too much, they get tough.
When making patties, make the centre thinner than the edges. As the burgers contract with the heat they won't turn into rugby balls.
If you want to get fancy, chop up some smokey bacon into little bits and fry it crisp. Cool it with some of the fat. Mix the bacon and some of the fat with grated cheddar cheese and make a 2" diameter log. Freeze it. Slice thin. Build your patties around these slices. As the burgers come off the grill they will have molten bacon & cheese cores. Yum!
I made beefburgers the other night and just used the lean mince steak, salt, pepper, worcester sauce, wee bit sweet chilli and baked in oven with half mini babybel in each and they were lush!
Add splenda to greek yog
So far discovered lindt excellence 85% dark claims to be 12g per 100g
I wonder if you could take high cocoa solid dark choc, melt, add a little cream, let it set, and have a low carb milk variety. I don't like dark choc, too bitter, bleh
Lidl now does zero carb sausages no added sugar however they are also low fat. But still its good not to worry about carb content!
Aldi - no carb sausages
But for pork (not sure if they have been mentioned) Aldi 10 pork chipolata premium sausages (100% british pork) 0.5g carbs per 100g. The whole pack is 375g. So less than 2 carbs for the whole pack (if my maths is right lol)
Sausagemaking.co.uk
Sausages here in Germany have to have minimum 95% meat in them. Lidl, Aldi and Netto do some great ones with added chilli or herbs. The frankfurters are also a safe bet and all variations on them- bockwurst, Knackwurst etc .Can you lot get them over there?Im not sure if this has been posted before but Scandanavian crispbreads (scanbran - slimming world) are negative carbs ie more fibre than carbs per slice. They are great as long as you put on really tasty toppings, I like butter, ham cheese and pickle and they are great to pack for a quick lunch. You can buy them in Holland and Barrett.
The labels here already have the fibre deducted so you can't take it off again - sorry
clip_image001.gif
its only the american ones that you have to deduct to get the net carbs.
Blue Dragon wanton soup
I buy things like basmati rice (instead of jamine), the low carb pastas and wraps, Tescos has a Chickpea pasta and the Spelt and they higher in protein lower in carbs. I'll write down the details the next time I shop and post them here.
Sussex Valley lemon mayo - 0.3g carbs per 100 grams!!! Available from some Asda stores, Ocado online or direct from the Condiment ShopHome page - The Condiment Co
flax pancake
Iceland bacon and cheese burgers 4g carb each
- Iceland wings and ribs salt and pepper - 5g per 100g
- Iceland wings and ribs piri piri - 2g per 100x
- Iceland Simple to cook Chicken breasts with pepperoni - 2g half pack (1 breast)
- Iceland Simple to cook Chicken and bacon parcels - 0.4g half pack (1 chicken breast)
- Iceland Simple to cook Chicken breasts with bacon and leek - 1g half pack (1 chicken breast)
- Iceland chilli and lime chicken kebabs - 1.3g carb each (and very low fat)
- Iceland Tandoori salmon kebabs - 1.1g carb each
- Iceland Chicken Satay selection :- hot and spicy - 1.2g each + Chinese - 1.6g each
Aldi Moser Roth Dark Chocolate - Orange and almond - 12g carb per 25g bar/Mint - 12g per 25g bar/90% Dark - 6g per 25g bar
(Birdseye Bake to Perfection Range)
- Birdseye Succulent Chicken Fillets with a Garlic & Herb Sauce 2.7g Per Serving
- Birdseye Succulent Chicken Fillets with a Chasseur Sauce 2.3g Per Serving
- Birdseye Succulent Chicken Fillets with a Red Wine & Mushroom Sauce 2.3g Per Serving
- Birdseye Succulent Chicken Fillets with a Tomato & Basil Sauce 2.6g Per Serving
- Birdseye North Atlantic Haddock Fillets with a lemon & chive butter Sauce 0.6g Per Serving
- Birdseye Chunky Wild Pink Salmon Fillets with a lemon & herb butter Sauce 0.6g Per Serving
- Birdseye Chunky Basa Fillets with a chilli & lemongrass butter Sauce 1.1g Per Serving
Shirataki (Konnyaku) noodles

cauli rice - Grate a cauli and pop it in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes, lovely
Yep you can have that - i make my own version of low carb cheesecake too - but made with candarel it's still quite different to a sugary version - and I havent made it for a few weeks as I haven't had the sweet craving. Usually sweet tea or warm soya milk with sweeteners hits the spot for me now.

The less real sugar you eat the less you will crave sugar. Sounds odd but I promise it's true.

i shop at tesco or asda on line which is why some stuff i've left on here rather than putting directly onto my tesco/asda home delivery, we don't really have a lidl or aldi that near and i doubt i'll shop at waitrose or m&s, iceland would have to be a special trip..

if this is of no use, please remove, just thought it might help someone..

btw i only shop at asda on line or tesco as the others aren't near enough etc so i have just added asda/tesco stuff direct to my shopping lists on line for the mo.. so only a few non asda/tesco stuff i have kept in my list ie iceland.. i tried copying my list onto here, but it didn't work v well unfortunately..

gwen456 said:
if this is of no use, please remove, just thought it might help someone..

btw i only shop at asda on line or tesco as the others aren't near enough etc so i have just added asda/tesco stuff direct to my shopping lists on line for the mo.. so only a few non asda/tesco stuff i have kept in my list ie iceland.. i tried copying my list onto here, but it didn't work v well unfortunately..

No thanks for trying. I find these "where to find things" posts very helpful.

Just a note that scan bran crisp breads contain I think 7g carbs and aren't suitable until the grains stage of OWL. As it says - we don't deduct the fibre in the uk, it has already been done. That's the confusion that sometimes leads to people believing a product has 'negative carbs'.

I went to my local butcher on Monday and asked if they would make me sausages using no rusk just meat and seasoning and they are yum!!!!

Love this thread. Intending to go down this route when re-feeding/maintaining so will come in super useful! x

Love this thread. Intending to go down this route when re-feeding/maintaining so will come in super useful! x

wow you've done really well! was this on atkins or a mixture?

Back