Low carb & no carb shopping list

I would personally give them a miss as they can trigger cravings...they did with me. And they arent clean and green ;)

Hi FJ and welcome

See how long you can last without them - and then keep them as a special treat as they can give some people the runs :eek:

For a sweet treat that's guilt free try sugar free jelly with cream (you can whisk them up before completely set for mousse mmm) :)

Susie

What Vicky says FJ. :)

Hi -FJ- Welcome. I eat the bars if I'm craving chocolate but only 1/3 at a time. I find them very filling.

I love the M&S Tomato and Porcini Mushroom Pasta Sauce. It's probably not ideal, but only has 2.9 grams carbs per 100 grams. I slice a courgette with carrot peeler to make "pasta" fry it in olive oil and add the pasta sauce and parmesan. I never miss pasta now. Also love the Black Farmer sausage. I get them from Morrisons.

Ooh Coffeelover thats a good idea!

I had scrambled egg with cottage cheese in yesterday....3 or 4 eggs....about 50g of cottage cheese with chive and onion in.....3g carbs per 100g....and it was lush! Really gooey and tasty....nice break from plain eggs like.

Me and my partner have been trying out new recipies for the last week...nicest one I found was a 'pie' type one....

Basically, large-ish casserole dish (with lid), frankfurters ( we used 4, 1.8g carbs per 100g, 8 in the jar, 350g drained weight), sliced mushrooms, grated mozzarella and red onion.....all chopped up and put in the dish....then covered with whisked peppery eggs and baked for about half an hour on gas mark 4 (lid on).

Surprisingly tasty...and filling!

Hi FJ! I like the sound of that pie...

Meat
- Debbie & Andrew Garden Herb sausages - 0.2 carbs per sausage (pack of 6=1.2 carbs) - Tesco
- Jamie Oliver Italian sausages (Asda, Tesco) - 0.9g for 2 sausages
- Asda extra special pork and chorizo sausages 0.6g carb per 100g (similar to Morrisons, which are lovely too)
- Black Farmer Premium Pork Sausages - 1g carb per 100g so 3 sossies = 2g carbs
Red Dog Chilli Frankfurters 350G - 1g carb per 100g

Tesco's finest pork chipolata's, £2 for 12 pack, 1.8 carbs per 2 sossa's

Iceland's own quarter pounders, £2 for 4, 0.5 carbs per burger so 2 per full pack!

Dairy
- Alpro soya organic unsweetened 0.1 carbs per 100mls - Tesco online
- Hellmann's real mayonnaise 1.4 carbs per 100mls - Tesco
- Tesco mayonnaise 1.4g per 100g
- Tesco chevre - 0.5g per 100g (the whole cheese is 100g)

Iceland's grated mature cheddar, £2 for big bag, 0.9 carbs per 100g....

Cupboard
- Walden Farms whipped peanut spread - 0 carbs - Low Carb Megastore
- Value chopped tomatoes 3 carbs per 100g - Tesco
- Gia sun dried tomato puree 0.5 carbs per 100g - Tesco online
- Free from worcester sauce - 15.9 carbs per 100g - Tesco
- Schwartz hollandaise sauce - 0.4 carbs per 100g - Tesco online
- Josephs sugar free maple syrup - 0 carbs - Low Carb Megastore
- Atkins Endulge crispy milk chocolate - 1.8 net carbs per bar - Boots
- Greentop Quality pork crackling - bag of six, less than 0.1 carbs per (small) bag - Poundshop

YUMS!

Thanks :D oh i love the chilli dogs yum. and brill re the burgers at iceland i always struggle to find low carb ones! although i have that much mince ill be making my own for a while lol

just mince and herbs/spices and an egg. they arent as juicy as shop bought ones though unless done on bbq. put some cheese in the middle of two patties and squish together . yummy!

just found this.....

Don't use lean beef. Fat is your friend for juicy burgers.
Don't add too much to 'em; garlic, parsley, dijon, salt "n pepper, that's it.
If adding onions to the meat, caramelize them, raw onions are always better as a slice on top with fresh tomato and lettuce.
Don't add fillers (oatmeal, bread-crumbs, etc) it turns your burgers into meat-loaf.
Don't mix it too much, they get tough.
When making patties, make the centre thinner than the edges. As the burgers contract with the heat they won't turn into rugby balls.
If you want to get fancy, chop up some smokey bacon into little bits and fry it crisp. Cool it with some of the fat. Mix the bacon and some of the fat with grated cheddar cheese and make a 2" diameter log. Freeze it. Slice thin. Build your patties around these slices. As the burgers come off the grill they will have molten bacon & cheese cores. Yum!

doesnt mention egg though and i always use egg to bind.

Back