Puddings Low fat panna cotta recipe

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I have adapted this panna cotta recipe from one I found on the internet. It uses American cup measurements, but if you've not got one, it's all about the ratios really!

Serves 6
2.5 syns per serving - this is allowing for syns in milk, sugar and buttermilk. Save on syns by using splenda and allocating some of your milk as a Healthy Extra A.

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
    (I only had gelatine leaves, so used 4 of those)
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 cup skimmed milk (was just over 250mls) 4.5 syns
  • 1/3 cup sugar (depends on how sweet you like it!) 6 syns
  • 1 cup buttermilk (I used Sainsbury's buttermilk 280 mls) 6 syns
  • 1 cup Total 0% Greek yoghurt (was about a tub and a third)
  • 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
Method
Soak the gelatine leaves in water and a little of the milk to soften for about 10 minutes.

Put the milk in a saucepan with the sugar and seeds from inside the vanilla pod. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and stir frequently until the sugar is dissolved and vanilla flavour all nicely infused in the milk.

Add the gelatine and stir in thoroughly and ensure it's fully dissolved into the milk.

Whisk together the yoghurt and buttermilk in a bowl. Pour the warm milk mixture into the yoghurt and buttermilk and whisk.

Pour the mixture into the ramekins and pop into the fridge for 3 hours.

Serve either in the ramekin and garnished with fresh fruit, or if you'd like to turn it out onto a plate, sit the ramekin in very hot water for a few seconds and turn out onto a plate.

You can also make the fruit into a puree (although technically you'd have to syn the fruit)

Ta da!

Yay! Thanks Hellie, been looking forward to this one. I'm going to make it this weekend - does it keep well in the fridge for a few days? (not that it will last that long!)

It does. I made it on Monday and I have one left now :)

It's quite a yoghurty flavour and obviously not super creamy and rich like the proper stuff, but I think it's not a bad version at all. If you wanted to up the cream-factor, I suppose you could put proper cream in the recipe, taking out some of the milk to compensate.

Back