low fat spread

nanny jo

hi again,sorry for yet another question but im new here and need all the help i can get lol,i was just wondering what is the best low fat spread to use,any ideas greatly appreciated as i cant make head nor tail what it says on the tubs,thanks

Depends what you mean by "best" - the lowest syn spread is flora extra light (or lighter than light as it is now called) at half a syn per level tsp. But that may not be the best tasting spread. I rather like the light version of I Can't Believe ... but that is one syn per tsp.

thanks circes,i have a lot of weight to lose and didnt want to cut everything out,i enjoy the odd sandwich..i did mean the one with the lowest syns,so i will give your suggestion a try.

I don't like anything other than proper butter, but I have found that just leaving it out altogether is fine. If the sandwich filling is interesting enough, I don't miss the butter at all.

I use half a laughing cow extra light triangle if I need a bit of something extra on my bread/toast. Half a syn for half a triangle I think x

Laughing cow extra light triangle, or if it's just to add moisture, Quark does the trick (only if eating when made though, as it can make the bread soggy if taking to work in sandwiches).

I use Clover Lighter, 1syn a tsp 3.5 a Tbsp and 6.5 per 28g. Its tastes good and the thing i bought it for was that you can cook, bake and fry with it, which some of the lighter ones you cant.

Flora extra light is 2.5 syns per 28g/ounce

This is the lowest value I have seen and use it on my sandwiches/toast.

Works out at something like 40syns for a 500g tub!

(assuming my dodgy maths are correct)

I have laughing cow cheese on ryvita of course without spread.

I like Flora Extra Light though - it is my new Lurpak now.

Back