Low GI Snacks

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by Fattack, 2 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    What are your favourites? I need some inspiration! Apples, low-fat yoghurts, and dried cranberries and almonds just ain't cuttin' it!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Splenda

Splenda Gold Member

Morning Fattack! I like oatcakes or ryvitas and with soft cheese, hummous, bit of jam or peanut butter.
    Babybels, cheese strings, carrots with hummous, celery with peanut butter (sounds horrible but really nice!), celery with soft cheese, Nature Valley Chewy Fruit and Nut Trail Mix bars (think that is the correct name), Kelloggs Fibre Plus bars. That's all I can think of at the moment :)
    Lately for me though it's been fruit as I get bored also with my snacks.

Last edited: 3 June 2011
  4. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    In addition to the ones mentioned.....I have two plums chopped with a dessert spoon of mixed seeds over them. The seeds add some fat and protein thus making the fruit more filling. Not too many mind as they are fatty, 15-20g is plenty.
    I love the Carmans range of bars which are low GL. You will get them in health food shops or some supermarkets. In Ireland the supervalu supermarkets stock them.
    The Nakd range of bars are great. They come in 30g and 68g bars. the bigger bar easily does me for a quick lunch with coffee if nothing gl friendly is available. The Nakd bars are in Tesco in the speciality food section.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.