Low GL?

twinklyjojo

Hi

I've been advised to follow a low GL diet however the weight is not really coming off. I have done slimming world before and reckon I could probably combine this with a low GL diet, I just wondered if anyone had successfully done this? Bit worried about how I would manage to incorporate avocado, oatcakes, nuts and olive oil into the plan as these are all things I've been advised to eat for health reasons, but the rest should be easy as can eat lots fish and meat, brown basmati rice and sweet potato.

Can anyone share any experiences?

Thanks

Hi - you could definitely incorporate these foods out of your syn allowance. They are healthy foods but are also very calorific so to lose weight you should only eat them in small quantities. As examples, almonds are 0.5 syns per two almonds, 100g avocado is 9.5 syns, a thin oatcake is 3 syns and a teaspoon of live oil is 2 syns. Oil is a healthy extra on all plans and nuts are as well on green. Oatbran is also a healthy extra. I would have thought that SW offers such a large range of free healthy foods that you could have these other foods easily as well, assuming you are not using your syns on chocolate etc ;)

Is there a reason why you were advised a low GL diet? Is it diabetes related? SW offer support for people with diabetes, I dont know the ins and outs of it, but I'm sure they can give you some advice if you email the HQ?

Back