Low point soup recipies ??

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
I really enjoy soup at the moment and have been taking a tin to work each day. :)

I have decided want to bulk make some ones at weekend, split up and then have for my lunch at work instead of tinned ones. Trying to be more healthy :D

I am after some nice recipies if anyone has any they want to share I would be so grateful. I am veggie, so ideally need ones with pulses, bean, lentils in etc so can get my proteins etc.

Oh and low points too ((so I can eat loads... :D :D :D ))

Thanks

Deb x

hey... Celticchick has the most amazing veg soup, no point, recipe for soup... it is gorgeous, i'll raise her now and get her to post it or see if she has posted it somewhere else... it has veg stock cubes... can ya have them???

hey... Celticchick has the most amazing veg soup, no point, recipe for soup... it is gorgeous, i'll raise her now and get her to post it or see if she has posted it somewhere else... it has veg stock cubes... can ya have them???

Hi

that would be great thanks. :D . Zero points even better. Great for when you have run out of points or gone a bit over and you need to recover a bit.

I will look forward to seeing it. Veggie stock cubes are ok!!

Thanks again.

Deb x

My friend emailed me a zero point soup recipe a while back:

2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
1 medium celery rib, diced
2 small zucchini, diced
2 cups green cabbage, shredded
2 cups swiss chard, chopped
2 cups cauliflower, small florets
2 cups broccoli, small florets
2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
6 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons fresh parsley or fresh chives, chopped
1/2 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)

1. Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot.
2. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Stir in parsley or chives; season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.

Edited to add: I haven't made it myself but she swears by it!

Hi Kate

many thanks for that one. That looks yummy and so easy to do. Sure that would last me for the week too. :)

Just checking is zucchini ...courgettes ?? :p

Deb x

I haven't got the exact quantities of the stuff till I go home, so I'll post it this evening, it is so delish you won't think its zero points!

Just checking is zucchini ...courgettes ?? :p

Sure is!

I should have said, although I haven't made it myself, I did taste some that she had made and it was really nice.

I'm feeling quite inspired now! I might make some veg soup myself :D

I did make some soup the weekend, not quite the recipe above but one very similar. :)

Had some for lunch yesterday and today, and only 1 point for a big dish. I added some pasta to mine so thats where the points comes from.!

I would suggest to anyone making a veggie soup though...not to add red cabbage!!!! ((unless you like purple soup :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D )).

Deb x

I can't find the exact recipe anywhere but for a big pot it was

10 medium carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 large Onion
1.5-2 Courgette ( the more courgette the thicker it will be)
5 chicken stock cubes

I know you are vegetarian so will have to use vegetable stock, never tried them in it but I'm sure it will be just as nice. Let me know if you give it a try!

I can't find the exact recipe anywhere but for a big pot it was

10 medium carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 large Onion
1.5-2 Courgette ( the more courgette the thicker it will be)
5 chicken stock cubes

I know you are vegetarian so will have to use vegetable stock, never tried them in it but I'm sure it will be just as nice. Let me know if you give it a try!

Many thanks for that recipe. Will try it on the next batch I make. :D

Made some carrot, corriander & red lentil soup last night so have some for lunch today and the next few days!! LOL. This ones a bit 'hot' though as receipe said to add chilli powder too!! :eek: will let you know whats its like after lunch today.

But will try the one you have just posted on next cooking session.

I really am so enjoying soup for lunch at the moment. :)

Thanks

Deb x

Back