Low Syn Lasagne

SlimmingKitchen

Gold Member
Slimming World Lasagne (4 syns for this portion)

It can be made using Colmans Cheddar cheese sauce which is 8 syns for the pack or Schwarts cheddar cheese sauce which is 7.5 syns for the pack. It has to be made up using 300ml of milk so you would have to use the milk as HEA or syn it.

I MADE THIS LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS GORGEOUS. MUCH NICE THAN ANY READY BOUGHT LASAGNE I'VE HAD IN THE PAST.

Ingredients:
500g Extra lean minced beef
4 rashes of smoked bacon (all visible fat removed)
a box of button mushrooms
1 red & 1 yellow pepper
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
500g carton of passata
mixed herbs
lea & perrins
splash of red wine
1 beef oxo cube
Lasagne sheets
1 packet of Colman's cheese sauce (8 syns)
HEA of Cheese.

Method:
brown off all the chopped veg in a large frying pan, add minced beef and brown for 10-15 minutes, drain fat, add the tinned tomatoes & passata, a few splashes of lea and perrins and red wine and then crumble in the oxo cube. Add the mixed herbs and simmer for 30 minutes,stirring every few minutes.

Line a casserole dish with some of the bolognese, then lasagne sheets and vice versa.
Top with the cheese sauce & sprinkle on some cheese.
Cook in the oven on gas mark 6 for around 30 minutes.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7091132&l=ee948f61d2&id=749772576

Last edited:
Thank you for this recipe. I adore lasagne and will be cooking this tomorrow

sounds yummyyy!! do u know how many syns 300ml of milk would be? skimmed or semi skimmed?xx

For this are the syns just for the cheese sauce?, I wont be having wine in mine.I fancy making one but I only have a small oven dish so chances are mine would be half the size and wanted to make sure I work out the syns correctly

For this are the syns just for the cheese sauce?, I wont be having wine in mine.I fancy making one but I only have a small oven dish so chances are mine would be half the size.

The 8 syns is just for the cheese sauce but the sauce has to be made using milk so I always save some HEA to use for the milk :)
When you make up the sauce you could use just half of the sauce mix then it will be less syns hence why my portion was 4 syns as I shared it with my hubby. x

Thanks, my other half doesnt like this but we have an oven dish which makes enough for the two of us, going to use that and freeze half for another night.
Yum yum thank you very much xx

Fantastic lasagne

Hi - tried the lasagne recipe this evening, and followed Mrs Wilsoncrofts amended recipe - apart from the wine and cheese topping. ;)

I used fat free creme fraiche mixed with 56g grated reduced fat cheddar cheese. So on the Extra Easy plan this is only 8 syns in total.

I made enough for four, so 2 syns per serving and I had enough sauce left over to freeze three portions of "free" bolognaise sauce.

Truly amazing flavour and yes, much better than any I have bought in the past. I served with green salad ... yum :eat:

Im making this for tea tomorrow night. Just realised earlier lol pasta sheets are rectangle and my oven dish is oval. hmmm will figure that out tomorrow

Im making this for tea tomorrow night. Just realised earlier lol pasta sheets are rectangle and my oven dish is oval. hmmm will figure that out tomorrow

If I use a smaller dish I break the lasagne sheets up into smaller pieces & find that helps. xxx

Jayner that's on here gets a cheese sauce that u make with water although I'm not sure where from (morrisons i expect) and I dont know how many syns it is, although she would...

Made this - it was delicious - will defintely make this again. Divided it into 4 large portions so it lasted me 4 meals. Was also great to take into work and just heat in the microwave.:drool:

Made this - it was delicious - will defintely make this again. Divided it into 4 large portions so it lasted me 4 meals. Was also great to take into work and just heat in the microwave.:drool:

it is a lovely meal, I also save it sometimes for work and its yummy. All the work colleagues get jealous when they see my yummy lunch ;) x

Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I'm making lasagne tomorrow and was wondering the best way cooking/syning it, and you've just worked it all all out for me. :) Thank you.

It sounds really yummy, can't wait to try.

ruby.

I just made this, realised after putting it in the oven i forgot the bacon but OMG this was absolutly gorgeous. Had mine with a salad and mixed veg. Even in my smaller oven dish, I took one look and knew I had to divide by 3 instead of 2. So I have two more portions in the freezer.
Thank you very very much ! :)

Back