Low syn Lemon & Lime Cheesecake

JoC

Silver Member
I have been trying lots of variations to try and create the lowest syn cheesecake possible for a summer dessert and have come up with this.

Low Syn Lemon & Lime Cheescake

2 packs of alpen lights
2 tubs of quark
2 sachets of hartleys lemon & lime sugar free jelly (1 1/2 syns per sachet)
zest & juice of 2 lemons
Sweetener to taste

Serves 6 (1/2 a syn & HE B per serving)

Using a 20 cm loose bottom springform cake tin. I started by microwaving the alpen lights 2 at a time for 20 seconds and pressing down in the base of the cake tin to form a base. I used the apple & sultana variety.

Mix the jelly sachets with 1/2 pint of boiling water and stir well, leave to cool slightly.
Mix the quark, lemon zest and juice and sweetener ( i used about 4 tbsps). Combine with the jelly mixture and mix well. Pour over the base and chill.

I cut into 6 generous servings and as long as you use the Alpen lights as a HE B then it only works out as 1/2 a syn per slice.

Next week i will try a chocolate orange one using orange jelly and orange zest and juice and double chocolate alpens for the base.

Sounds divine- I wish I could eat the alpen bars - but they disagree with me so much- sob.

Just a thought. If you want to reduce your SYNS further. You can make jelly using sugar free squash and gelatine. I have made orange jelly this way when trying to create low SYN Jaffa cakes

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds divine- I wish I could eat the alpen bars - but they disagree with me so much- sob.

Just a thought. If you want to reduce your SYNS further. You can make jelly using sugar free squash and gelatine. I have made orange jelly this way when trying to create low SYN Jaffa cakes

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks bought some gelatine yesterday so may give that a go. I am sure that the base could also be made with cereal or maybe scan bran just need to experiment a bit more.

Made a chocolate orange one and was divine, used Orange sugar free jelly, juice and zest of a orange and chocolate orange alpen lights.

Just made the chocolate orange one. My springform tin had a slight leak tho! Making a mess of the fridge, will probably get moaned at if I don't clear that up!

When I do this, I use the weightwatchers lemon and lime & lemon yogs, quark, NAS Lime squash & gelatine. Turns out fab and really refreshing! :)

It's sweet, it's nice. But not my cup of tea unfortunately. Preferring todays slice more than yesterdays! Maybe lemon & lime more me?!

I made this with the roulade base , it set quite well , and added fuit into the jelly mixture to add some extra juice.

James

Can you estimate how much this would cost to make please?:)

Last time I bought those bars they were about £1.29 a pack I think?

I have been trying lots of variations to try and create the lowest syn cheesecake possible for a summer dessert and have come up with this.

Low Syn Lemon & Lime Cheescake

2 packs of alpen lights
2 tubs of quark
2 sachets of hartleys lemon & lime sugar free jelly (1 1/2 syns per sachet)
zest & juice of 2 lemons
Sweetener to taste

Serves 6 (1/2 a syn & HE B per serving)

Using a 20 cm loose bottom springform cake tin. I started by microwaving the alpen lights 2 at a time for 20 seconds and pressing down in the base of the cake tin to form a base. I used the apple & sultana variety.

Mix the jelly sachets with 1/2 pint of boiling water and stir well, leave to cool slightly.
Mix the quark, lemon zest and juice and sweetener ( i used about 4 tbsps). Combine with the jelly mixture and mix well. Pour over the base and chill.

I cut into 6 generous servings and as long as you use the Alpen lights as a HE B then it only works out as 1/2 a syn per slice.

Next week i will try a chocolate orange one using orange jelly and orange zest and juice and double chocolate alpens for the base.

YES!! :D Thank you soooo much for this. I did a lemon cheesecake today using ginger nuts. The syns are hefty and I now have half a cheesecake sat on the side screaming to be eaten. :cry:

I had wondered about the Alpen bars but didn't want to spend the money on a possible disaster. I will try them this week :)

Back