Low

~Crooked Smile~

Silver Member
So this is off topic i guess but i don't really have anybody to talk to at work so I'm just posting it here

I'm having a really low day. Well, few days lately. The last few months I've been fighting to be ok and it just gets really tiring fighting sometimes. I'm so proud of my weight loss, and last night I was able to run 10k which I could not have done a few months ago.
But the high from that only lasts so long. Work is tough at the moment and I find it hard not to think about the things getting me down.
The only good thing is I guess, being in an office there are no snacks to reach for, so I don't have to worry about blowing the diet so much.
It's just hard sitting here alone all day feeling like this
Anyway sorry for the depressing tone just had to have a wee rant to myself I guess!!

Ah, we all get times when we get low, often for no logical reason.

You have done really well with your losses and to run 10k is wonderful - I won't ever be able to run even 5k, so you're doing fab.

Workwise. I am also in a job that sucks, but am surrounded by food all the time there. I desperately want to get out and got so close last month but didn't manage it. I have to go back to work in a couple of weeks and am dreading it. My husband says just stick it out for another year til he gets next pay level rise then I can quit but that seems a long way off!

Sorry turned this around to me - and its meant to be about you. Guess i wanted you to know we all have feelings like this.

Feel free to rant away at us, we'll listen!
:grouphugg:

Aw sweetie, there's nothing worse than feeling like that at work. I only work at the weekends coz I'm at uni and have twin 3 year olds and I used to make myself ill every Friday night! Recently I've been trying to care less about the stresses of work. Life is short and the moments and people that matter in 10 years times are very unlikely to be work related. So I go in, work hard and do my job to the best of my ability. If I make a mistake, I'm only human! If somebody is mean I just be thankful that I don't have them in my personal life and move on from it.

Sometimes you just have to focus on what's really important...things like your weight loss and positive body image. And if it's unbearable look for another job. I know it's not easy to find jobs just now but it's not impossible. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If you get another job great, if you don't, your obviously not meant to leave yet.

My world got turned upside down and pretty much destroyed last year and it's made me a stronger person. You can't bank on anything, you never know whats going to happen so don't put too much stress on planning and career and 10 year plans and such coz at the end of the day you don't know whats going to happen!

Just be happy, spend time with good people and enjoy life!

And if you need to rant come on here!

That was meant to be uplifting lol just sounded preachy!

My work really sucks btw so I can totally empathise! But I don't let it get me down.

Whatever it is you have going on, talk about it on here maybe? Maybe my advice won't help at all lol! All I can talk about is the work stuff! Whatever else is bothering you it's never as bad as you think. I've had a rough time of it and I speak from experience.

Hope things get better and enjoy your new health and fitness and be proud of yourself for all you've achieved!

xoxoxox

Feel free to rant and rave all you want my dear. We all have times that we need to rant and we need people to be there to listen. I know how you feel - I am going thru' some stuff now myself at the mo' and know how hard it can be to keep yourself focused and not want to lose it every few mins. Work can be a pain in the ass sometimes too when you have no-one to chat to....I am working in the same place 2 years now and to be honest I don't have anyone that I could talk to there either so my poor hubby gets the brunt of it.
But on the positive side you've done brilliantly so far with your weight loss. And a 10k run - I couldn't even manage a 2km walk now without falling down. You'll get there!!

hi there:)
i really agree with kakabubbles.
when things are tough in your work life,always try to make home a happy place and remember that you have a happy home to go to when you're done for the day.
keep work out of your mind when you finish for the day.
get through it the best you can while you're there.
the running sounds brilliant,and you are doing so well with your personal journey.
keep reminding yourself of that,and give yourself a big pat on the back!
smiling can help too,so keep smiling:D
hope you feel better soon.:)

Hi Hun ((((((big hugs))))))
Please mail me if your low,even just to moan know thinks can be really hard at times but believe me they will turn around.
Last year I didnt hardly leave the house and thought I didnt have anything to be here for except my girls.A year later and Im much happier (yep I sound a whinge at times on here lol) but seriously what helps is positive thoughts,try and see as much positives in your work I know its hard atm but try see,well I have a job millions cant find one,Im doing good in my healthy fitness plan and Im a beautiful caring person of which you are very much.
The rest will come to you hun,positive thinking really does work and although you prob feel you have an awful amount of sadness atm you will have happiness again ;)
Smile be proud and let off steam we are all here for you xxx

Thanks so much guys for all your kind words and support, it means a lot.
I guess what's making it all so hard is that I'm not feeling that happy at home right now. I spend all day looking forward to the end of work, but then I just go home and am reminded of what I have lost. This time last year I was the happiest I've ever been. Now I'm not. It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm dreading it as I feel it will just remind me of what's changed since last year.
I know I will get through this. I just sometimes lose sight of quite how I will.

hi crooked smile.
i dont know what has been happening for you over the last year,but it sounds like it's been rough.
but you are right,you will get through it!
life is always moving and changing,and you never know what great things are waiting for you just round the corner.
make sure you are keeping your eyes wide open for any oportunities that come your way,and dont be afraid to try something new,maybe something a bit whacky.have a good think about what things you like to do,in your own right,what things make you smile?
and start doing them as much as you can.
soon this time will be behind you.
you can be happy again,but sometimes we have to make a little bit of our own happiness,just to kick start things a bit!and you've already started making yourself happier with your weight loss!
lots of positivity being sent your way:D
good luck to you.:grouphugg:

Aw sweetie, there's nothing worse than feeling like that at work. I only work at the weekends coz I'm at uni and have twin 3 year olds and I used to make myself ill every Friday night! Recently I've been trying to care less about the stresses of work. Life is short and the moments and people that matter in 10 years times are very unlikely to be work related. So I go in, work hard and do my job to the best of my ability. If I make a mistake, I'm only human! If somebody is mean I just be thankful that I don't have them in my personal life and move on from it.

Sometimes you just have to focus on what's really important...things like your weight loss and positive body image. And if it's unbearable look for another job. I know it's not easy to find jobs just now but it's not impossible. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If you get another job great, if you don't, your obviously not meant to leave yet.

My world got turned upside down and pretty much destroyed last year and it's made me a stronger person. You can't bank on anything, you never know whats going to happen so don't put too much stress on planning and career and 10 year plans and such coz at the end of the day you don't know whats going to happen!

Just be happy, spend time with good people and enjoy life!

And if you need to rant come on here!

That was meant to be uplifting lol just sounded preachy!

My work really sucks btw so I can totally empathise! But I don't let it get me down.

Whatever it is you have going on, talk about it on here maybe? Maybe my advice won't help at all lol! All I can talk about is the work stuff! Whatever else is bothering you it's never as bad as you think. I've had a rough time of it and I speak from experience.

Hope things get better and enjoy your new health and fitness and be proud of yourself for all you've achieved!

xoxoxox

What great advice. Sorry to hear you're so down. Thinking of you, and the reason I quoted the above is because I could take it on board too.

All you can do is try and make home as happy as possible. I don't know what you have gone through but again speaking from experience sometimes you have to force a bit of happiness and cheer to eventually get to the real stuff.
My dad left my mum after 30 years together, they'd been together since she was 16. He was having an affair with a younger blonde *cringe at the stereotypical midlife crisis/mistress*.
He was an awesome guy, he was romantic and they were best friends and my mum did everything to make him happy and he was happy. So it was a total shock. They were 'that couple' everybody wanted to be like and it was totally that good in reality.
So that was in September 09...
I rocked my mum to sleep, she was almost hospitalised, crazy mistress started harassing me and my mum so we had to phone the police, she couldn't eat, she could barely breathe at times. Her whole world was totally destroyed.

Fast forward to August 2010...

My mother is just back from a trip to Paris with her boyfriend she's been with since January. They stopped off in London to meet my brother. My brother loves my mum's new boyfriend, I love him, my kids love him, my husband loves him and most importantly my mum love love loves him!
They are like a pair of 16 year olds, they are so in love it's unreal. Even though my dad was a good husband up until he went crazy this guy is even better for my mum. He's much more thoughtful and sensitive. If you had said to my mum in September she would be here now she would have never ever believed you.
You can be happy again and you can turn your life around.
My mum wasn't going to waste any more of her life focussing on the past.
She met this guy on a blind date btw. Somebody gave her the number and I made her text him! She went with no agenda, not expecting anything other than a night out and a funny story. She fell in love within a few months.
If my mum can bounce back this quickly after having her perfect life destroyed, anybody can. She is truly happy and you can be too.
Make your home as happy as you can. I don't know what the problem is but I bet there is a way of fixing it? If there's an atmosphere with somebody speak about it. If your lonely, get friends round, pamper yourself, enjoy your own company, go out more. It will feel forced at first but it'll get easier.

I really believe that we should enjoy life as much as we can and I'm guessing that whatever is making you feel like this isn't worth you wasting weeks and months of your life feeling this way.
You deserve to be happy, make it happen.

I've been where you are so many times and I know this will seem like nonsense to you but I don't get to that place anymore.

From a recovering pessimist xoxox
(who is now one of those nippy happy people)

Kakabubbles that was an amazing inspirational story, thank you for sharing it.
You are so right about everything. I'm off to find some positive things to think about :) thank you. Xxx

Yay! You have made my day. Just noticed on another thread you are already putting yourself out there and having fun. Good for you sweetie. Also the more I navigate around the site I see more of your posts cropping up and you seem like a wonderful, supportive person. You take the time to help others, not many people out there in the world are so helpful so remember you do that. You help make others happy so you get to be happy too!
Go Team Happy!

Karen xoxo ( Do you think I should write an annoying self help book and go on weird motivational speaking tours ha ha)

Hi make your Birthday your new start,get your friends on a night out somewhere different to where you usually go and party :) a meal drinks etc and then look into maybe getting a new hobby for evenings or having a pamper night with friends?
After reading on here about westie girl ,Dear Sarah I thought how sad it was she was a beautiful person who sadly found she had terminal cancer and was gone in weeks at a young age,I since then appreciate my life and Ive had a worse one than alot of people.
Your going through raw emotions and you will feel a empty as you have a void in your life ,I had counselling and it helped just to off load the pain to a stranger.
You will feel better it just feels like never ending atm xxx

size102b- You are so right, we all need to appreciate the good things in life, sad stories put everything in perspective. People like you who have faced struggles yet still manage to appreciate life and feel blessed will have full and meaningful lives. Good for you. It does feel never ending at times but we all get there eventually! Great advice about the b-day celebrations too. Sounds like an opportunity for new wonderful memories and the start to a new chapter!

irish eyes- you are another one I have spotted dishing out advice and support so credit yourself too! You must be one of these warm, supportive people you speak of, to have read this thread and felt moved to comment!

I love seeing on this website that there are kind, supportive people out there! Especially females...I just wish there were more like you lot at my work lol!

I'll get boos in a minute but I'm really into tarot readings and such and I have really good feelings for you ~Crooked Smile~. This week is a turning point for you.

xoxo

Aww I feel all nice inside now and thanks so much for that comment, Im really into and fascinated by the psychic and tarot. I went to Sally Morgan in Sept and out of the 2000 audience I was one of the five she picked and was on ITV recently!! I was really looking forward to watching it as she had been very accurate til i appeared on screen and then all I saw on my 50 " screen what looked like a 50" woman!! me!! I felt awful so that path led me here and now Im already 4lb lighter and making great friends YAY ...maria x

Sorry things are not going too well for you at the mo. I know sometimes it's so hard just to get through the day - been there, got the t-shirt! I know it's a cliche but time passes and you will get through it. There's lots of support on here when you want to offload.

Aww I feel all nice inside now and thanks so much for that comment, Im really into and fascinated by the psychic and tarot. I went to Sally Morgan in Sept and out of the 2000 audience I was one of the five she picked and was on ITV recently!! I was really looking forward to watching it as she had been very accurate til i appeared on screen and then all I saw on my 50 " screen what looked like a 50" woman!! me!! I felt awful so that path led me here and now Im already 4lb lighter and making great friends YAY ...maria x

Wow, that is one of the most interesting stories that led people to their diets I've read so far! I would hate to see me on TV...eek! I'm here because of the classic...somebody asked when I was due :sigh: Needless to say I was not pregnant but was devastated. Ah well onwards and downwards(on the scales) I've lost 11lbs so far but am struggling today. Have been very good but there is a box of pink champagne truffles from my mum and her boyfriends visit to Harrods in my cupboard...I can hear them calling my name but have ignored them so far!
xoxo

I just want to say thanks to everybody for this amazing thread. You guys really made a massive difference to me today. Who knows what I'd do without this forum eh!! You guys are all absolutely amazing xxx

Just re-read this thread and it's fab! What a wonderful site this is, everyone is truly amazing. I'm going through a tough time atm, and I've take so much on board.

Crooked Smile, I hope you're feeling a bit brighter today?

Back