Lower carb...I mean business! And again!

Lynn8124

Gold Member
I went to Tesco earlier and stocked up on meat, eggs, nuts and veggies. I have made out a food plan for the next two days. I am neither going to count cals or carbs but stick to the 3 meals and a couple of snacks a day and hope for the best.:D

The best thing about lower carb is that it keeps my blood sugar stable, no massive highs after bacon and eggs like there would be after a bowl of pasta and a couple slices bread.:eek:

Tues 20th Jan

B- 2 sausages (tesco finest so no rubbish in them hopefully lol), 1 slice bacon, mushrooms, fried egg (in olive oil)

L- bag of salad leaves with mayo, ham, sardines (sounds gross but I like it ;))

D- Steak, mushrooms, mixed peppers

Snacks- 2 celery sticks with cream cheese, 10 brazil nuts

Last edited:
That sounds like a good day of food there, I'm just about to make Pork Chops with leeks fried in butter top with a bit of grated cheese. YUM! :)

NUTS? are you on induction, if so nuts and seeds are a no no Lyn.

see: HERE

Yes here I go again. I really want to succeed this time because if my hba1c aka over 3 months blood sugar levels haven't decreased from 7.8 when I go back to diabetic clinic in July, I will be put on insulin. I really do no want that to happen, as you low carbers know insulin is the 'fat hormone' and that'll just make me fatter plus I will have low blood sugar to contend with and that's not pleasant.

Today's meal plan is
B LT shake
L chicken, pork chop, egg
D CD soup

I need to use up my shakes and soups first. I have made a shopping list for next week and I may attempt some recipies.:eek:

No veggies Lyn? :(

I've none in atm and I don't feel like going shopping today, been awake all night. I have made out a list of food and veg though and will get them in tomorrow. At least the shake and soup will provide 2/3 of the vits and minerals I need.;)

I will aim for a maximum of 50g carbs a day but I don't want to get bogged down in trying to count (maths was never my strong point lol). I will be happy if I can avoid bread, cereal, potatoes, rice and pasta, eat 3 moderate meals a day and no gorging.:)

ah yes, 50 carbs sounds hight to me but then I'm an Atkins man Lyn. :)

ah yes, 50 carbs sounds hight to me but then I'm an Atkins man Lyn. :)

I was gonna say I thought you were a leg man Jim but it's too early in the morning for that carry-on :angeldevil:

Yes the 50g is allowing for a bad day. ;):D

I'm an everything man Lyn, Legs, bum and boobs. ;)

with tolerance Karen. :D

Hi,

If you are concerned about blood sugars etc, try reading about south beach diet. Developed by a cardiologist with this in mind, Very similar to Atkins in the first phase but a little less strict. I have been following it for nearly two weeks and am finding it really easy and i can see the weight coming off.

Just a suggestion.

Bex
x

Hi,

If you are concerned about blood sugars etc, try reading about south beach diet. Developed by a cardiologist with this in mind, Very similar to Atkins in the first phase but a little less strict. I have been following it for nearly two weeks and am finding it really easy and i can see the weight coming off.

Just a suggestion.

Bex
x

Hi Bex, thanks for your comment.:) I find South Beach really confuses me, doesn't take much mind.:D

I'd a good day today. Much better than I expected, yay!

I was reading that Atkins is recommended for type 1 diabetes.

Not that I understand the difference between the two, mind, ;)

I don't feel there is that much difference between South Beach diet and Atkins...its just a low fat version of Atkins really.

My brother has just lost 2 stone in 6 weeks on SB diet. I'm really proud of him.

Reactions: Jim
Well done for your brother, and well done you, fantastic pics! :)

Thanks Jimbo...now if we are talking about fantastic pics.....LOOK AT YOURS!!!

I've just started South Beach (basically Atkins, but with less fat!!) to get me BMI under 25. When I finished the diet, my BMI was still unhealthy even though my % body fat is 'normal'. Not sure I like the BMI scale LOL.

Sharon runs off to eat bacon wrapped asparagus...yum!!

Back