Lower carb...I mean business! And again!

I don't like the BMI scale either Sharon. I don't understand how a guy whoo's my height but stick thin should have the same BMI as myself.

Ah me old thread's been revived after me thinking should I give LC another go? Hmm could be a good omen.

Shaz, well done to your bro, has he much more weight to get off?

B: 2 low carb sausages, 3 eggs scrambled, butter
L: Steak, brussel sprouts and brocolli
D: Tuna & mayo, mixed peppers

I am not gonna carb count, if I can stick to the above and avoid beige/white/rubbish foods I will be very happy. :D

I have heard about the south beach diet years ago but never really looked into it, it does sound like it is working well for your brother.

I can honestly say I am well taken with this low carb way of living and yesterday I seemed to have been eating all day but it was all pretty healthly (for me anyway).

b: bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes (2 cherry )
l: carvery without potatoes - beef, turkey and ham with loads of cauliflower, runner beans and just afew carrots with carnberry and onion gravey (yummy):candledinner: (and it was just the 2 of us which makes a change as we have 4 kids )
d: ham salad with a spoon full of garlic mayo and lemon juice.

I can't say I am particularly in a rush to loose the last stone but I am certainly feeling very well on this diet and seem to have alot more energy. :):talk017:

Lyn8124 hello! I'm trying to find my ideal diet at the moment, I've been on and off loads. I'm currently calorie counting (day 3) but I don't like counting and I keep my carbs low anyway (I tend not to have any wheat or refined carbs). So would you mind if I joined you on your general principles? I like the idea of low carb but not counting anything. I do need to eat carbs in the morning (generally porridge or oatcakes) because I'm very active, but feel fine without them the rest of the day.

So here's for today:
B: Oatcakes, peanut butter, banana (will make this lower carb in future, I think, by substituting banana for berries)
L: Smoked salmon salad
D: Chicken & Veg
snacks: soy latte, berries, celery & cream cheese if needed.

will make this lower carb in future, I think, by substituting banana for berries

LOL

Berries for Banana!!

:)

Food plan for tomorrow is:

B- pork chops, olives and feta
L: Exante soup or bar
D: Steak, green beans and sprouts, butter
S: tinned mackeral, prawns

I kept an eye on my blood sugar level yesterday before meals and was very pleased to see my lower carb eating kept it consistant at 7.4 and 7.7 which is a lot better than it was, so perhaps there's hope for me yet!:D

B- strawberry exante shake
L- small pork chop, small steak, 2 cups greens
D- tomato and basil exante soup :eek:
Supper/snack- LT vanilla

Morning Lyn

Great stuff love, keep it up. :)

Cheers Jim, appreciate it.:) Had my vanilla shake with a spoonful coffee and ice, was lovely. Blood sugar this morning 8.5 was 10.4 yesterday morn.

It's working then love, It's nice when you can see the proof isn't it love.

Yes, definately. I am gonna see the diabetes nurse at my health centre in 6 weeks and get hba1c (3 month sugars) checked again, hopefully will be down from 8.8

at the rate you're going it should be Lyn.

Bugga...birthday binge!

Right I had 2 days of eating carbs but I am not letting it put me back to square one. I am using Exante from today til I get into ketosis and see how I go from, there my number one priority is reducing my hba1c before my next visit to diabetes clinic in July or August.

Right I had 2 days of eating carbs but I am not letting it put me back to square one

Good attitude Lyn, now you need to figure out WHY you had a carb binge, and Birthday's are no excuse. ;)

Good attitude Lyn, now you need to figure out WHY you had a carb binge, and Birthday's are no excuse. ;)

True Jim...hmm I need to think on that one. Back on track today and looking forward to day 2, bring it on!

Good for you love, well done.

Back