Loz's weight loss diary

146.5kg meaning 3.1kg off in a week! I'm thrilled with that!

I'm continuing my healthy eating this evening with some roasted veg for dinner tonight (didn't want the mushrooms to go waste so will have the pepper later in the week), just put it in the oven now. Not sure what to have with it as a protein. I might have some cheese or some tinned fish. Or I might just have some nuts afterwards.

Exercise tomorrow night, I think.

I've had about 1500 calories today and feel as though I've actually eaten a lot. I had one of those fibre one bars for pudding this evening. I absolutely love them and could easily eat a box in one sitting (well, they are healthy, full of fibre...) but today, I decided I was just going to have one. I ate it slowly, enjoying the taste in every bite. And I just had the one. Its silly really that I'm proud of something so normal, but I am proud of myself and my new found self-control and self-discipline. Hopefully it will continue!

I forgot to weigh first thing this morning, oops.

And I would be quite happy if I could get down to 145kg by Monday for no other reason than it is a nice round number

I've had about 1500 calories today and feel as though I've actually eaten a lot. I had one of those fibre one bars for pudding this evening. I absolutely love them and could easily eat a box in one sitting (well, they are healthy, full of fibre...) but today, I decided I was just going to have one. I ate it slowly, enjoying the taste in every bite. And I just had the one. Its silly really that I'm proud of something so normal, but I am proud of myself and my new found self-control and self-discipline. Hopefully it will continue!

I forgot to weigh first thing this morning, oops.
I like the fibre one bars as one of my treats. The milk chocolate popcorn bars are my favourite.

Ooh, milk chocolate popcorn bars, not too sure about that. I had the salted caramel ones. I've had another one (just one) again tonight. In total, I've had about 1600 calories today, I've had 4 of my 5 a day, so not too bad. Done another mile jogging, too.

Still hoping for 145kg on Monday.

Just over 1100 calories today. Weight this morning stable, need to see the numbers falling again!

Great catching up with you Loz, you are doing really well.

Not so well these last couple of days. I needed to go shopping yesterday but didn't get round to it so had some rubbish out the cupboard. And today, I was too late for a canteen lunch at work so had a vending machine lunch. Pulled it back with a nice, healthy dinner full of veg, so hopefully back on track. About 1100 calories today. On the plus side, I have been very aware of what I'm eating and how unhealthy it was, which is good.

Weight is unchanged.

How are you, Tipperary?

TMI warning:
I don't know what is going on with my body. It's 16 days since my last period started and I've had spotting today (a tiny little bit of pink mixed in with normal discharge on the loo paper at work this morning, tiny, almost non existent, and then proper red on the loo paper after going to the loo at home this evening), almost like its ready to start again. I can't have a 16 day cycle! I'm just hoping that with the crampy lower abdo pains I had yesterday and the fact I came out with a couple of spots yesterday (though I did a face mask the day before and have to wear a mask at work) maybe I'm ovulating. I hope so. Hopefully the fact that I've improved my nutritional intake, more vitamins, minerals and protein, has helped my body decide to ovulate and behave like it should. Maybe I'll actually have a normal length cycle this time!

Eurgh, so it was defineitly my period. I woke up to a decent flow - it used to be so heavy when I was younger so I'm grateful it's not been like that for about the last 5 years now. When I don't have a period, I worry as I want to have a baby in the not too distant future. When I have periods, I still stress that they're not right. I envy the women who have perfect 28 day cycles!

Back to diet stuff. Im at about 800 calories today so far. May or may not have dinner yet, I'll see whether I'm hungry or not later on. I could have skipped lunch if I'm honest, I wasn't really hungry earlier, but I knew I would have made bad choices later on today if I didn't eat.

Going to do some exercise a little later this evening.

Total calories for today 1175. Possibly not enough but not particularly hungry today.

Exercise done.

Finally a loss again. Only slight but having increased slightly (I'm blaming hormones!) And not accurately recording the slight increases, it is slightly more than it looks. Down to 146.3kg. Still hoping to be below 145kg by Monday

Total of 1350 calories today, reasonably healthy. Managing to increase my protein and decrease my carbs (which is good as I love bread).

Might so some jogging a little later on this evening

All's good thanks. Hope you're well. Bit bored at home but I think everyone must be!

I'm pleased even with small losses, as you say, they all add up. And they're better than a gain!

Slight loss today today again, down to 146kg. Hoping to be 145kg by Monday morning.

Up slightly this morning, 146.3kg. Hopefully it's just a blip!

I ordered protein powder the other day. I know I don't get enough protein so thought I'd give it a go. It arrived today. It's vile! I may have to try it in a smoothie see if it's more palatable that way.

Not eaten great today and not done any formal exercise. But, I've been on the go all day doing shopping and other jobs for the elderly and those with ill health in the family

Last edited:
The diet has been up and down recently, I've been eating more out of boredom when I'm home. I've been trying to make more sensible choices and, on the whole, I think I have done better than I would do normally. I've had plenty of fruit and veg in my diet recently and I'm trying to make a conscious effort to pick healthier protein sources (I would happily have cheese with everything as my protein source!). I've had more fish and chicken than normal these last couple of weeks, and I'm not eating as much bread as I would do normally. I've not had any bread for two days. I've had some of that protein powder mixed in to Greek yogurt, it's not too bad like that. I did have a bad day food wise on Sunday, I ate two baguettes, a couple of chocolate bars and about half a big bag of sweets (the ones with refreshers and Palma violets in). About a quarter of the bag is still on my kitchen counter. I've shown restraint with the rest of what I bought at the weekend.

I've not exercised as much as I was either. I've been our for a couple of walks of about 7 miles rather than doing anything structured.

I've not weighed myself for maybe a week. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning, providing I remember, before work.

146.1kg.

To be honest, I was expecting it to be much worse, it was back in the 148kg bracket recently. I'm still eating out of boredom and loneliness when I'm at home but have started doing some more work in the garden these last few days, I assume that's where I've burnt off some of the calories.

I'm trying to make healthier options (maybe that should be I'm trying to make fewer unhealthy choices?!) when I'm eating still. Chocolate and crisps have lasted a few days (I know I shouldn't buy them) - normally it's a case of well it's open I may as well finish it, but not recently - and I've still been eating more fruit and veg than I normally would which is good. Still eating more chicken and fish than normal and much less bread, I had to throw away half a loaf yesterday, and that had been open a week.

I'm not going to make any goals or promises this week. I'm just hoping to try and do something else when I'm bored

Back