Discover Lozzie's Food Diary!

Thanks for the support guys! just a little insight into what's going on lol

About 4 months ago I got a large lump turned out it was abscess under my right arm pit, within two days I was admitted into hospital for a week and emergency surgery under general, The infection had spread to my bloodstream.

4 months of on/off antibiotics, 3 emergency surgeries under my left armpit & arm, 9 abcesses total, and a bout of acute cellulitus later my immune system is a bit rubbish, so I keep getting colds & ulcers, just dieting as I can't exercise currently. I've been referred to a dermatologist and the GP says losing weight might help. Work have been amazing about it.

I'm just watching my weight and I've lost 15lbs in 12 weeks, WI tomorrow, *fingers crossed*

ME is very hard at times, or so I've heard, how do you manage to diet as well?!

Breakfast
Coffee (skimmed milk & sugar) - 1

Lunch
Tuna lighter lunch - 3.5
Nutri-Grain Bar - 2.5
Banana - 1.5
Diet Pepsi - 0
Tea (skimmed Milk) - 0.5

Dinner
Chicken - 2.5
1/2 jar lighter choices Korma sauce - 4
150g cooked rice - 3
A ton of 0 point veg - 0

Snacks/Misc.
Coco Pops & Skimmed Milk - 3

21.5/23

Saved - 6

Last edited:
Wow, you really have been through it! Hope the dermatologist can come up with some answers for you!

ME is pretty bad at times, I dont have it as severe as some but it can leave me bedbound. Ive kinda got used to it, and its more a case of managing it and working around it than medication, although i rattle when i walk lol. Living with family is a massive help. One of the worst symptoms I suffer with is IBS, which has been a bit better since Ive been strict about my diet. I need the energy which is a bit of a pain but Im doing ok so far. Just like a new way of life eating wise, I have good and bad days...but Im alive :)

Good luck with your wi!

Bless, you are going through the wars! glad you are keeping your chin up!
My OH is housebound due to his IBS so lots of sympathy there :) glad diet change is helping :)

Breakfast
Peppermint Tea with 1 Sugar - 1

Lunch
150g Cooked Rice - 3
Tons of veg - 0
1 tbp Tomato Purée - 0
Stock cube - 0
Mullër Light Yog - 1.5
Apple - 0.5
Banana - 1.5

Dinner
Pork Loin Steak - 3
150g cooked rice - 3
1/2 Jar lighter choices korma sauce - 4
Veg - 0

Snack/misc.
Tea - 0.5
4 Cadbury's Fingers - 2.5
Vimto ice lolly - 0.5
Milk Tray - 1

Used - 22.5/23

Saved - 6.5

Right so Sat was a write off, Sunday I was super good & I had my dermo appt. Today so another write off :(

WAGON TOMORROW! Gotta shift those lbs! Yeah! 17lb down 44 left!

Good news though! The Dermo thinks it's something called stage 1, Hidradenitis Suppurativa but having blood tests & swabs/cultures just to make sure its not anything scary, I have another lump but on antibiotics right away this time, bad news it's incurable and I'm just going to have to live with it until they can find meds to control it if they can, which means I can't guarantee it's not going to happen again, Immunosupression or antibiotics very very long term worst case scenario.

Huzzah!

Annnnnnnnd Tuesday was fine. Then I went to Thorpe park and I don't want to think how much I've scoffed! :( try again shall I *sigh*

ARGH! why do I keep failing?! This Easter weekend was an absolute right off! :( chocolate, my weight in KFC, Ice Creams, Beefeaters :S my self restraint has just gone. I'm dreading facing the music tomorrow! Why why why can't I seem to keep on the wagon?

draw a line ___________________________________ under it all, it was a bank holiday weekend and tomorrow is another day :) you can do it!!

Thanks a bunch! I just don't think my noggin was in it this week at all but I'm feeling re-motivated! Gonna make my lunch and point it all up now in advance :)

Back