LRO...name needs to change, I think ;(

Hi Rosie

So pleased that your sons feel it all went Ok. Got everything crossed for them especially straight As son as its key to his uni stuff.

Take care

M

Afternoon Rosie sorry I havent been around for a while had lots of going ons..

Im thrilled your boys felt confident in their exams, I must admit I never thought how much stress and worry my parents went through when we did the exams but they did do the same as you.. "do the best you can thats all you can do" and I have to say that is the most comforting and supportive thing they could have done for us and Im sure your boys feel the same xx

Thank you all for being so nice and leaving lovely posts. I love coming on and finding that you have visited. Cheers the soul. xx

Are your boys doing A levels or GCSE & As? You say your eldest needs straight A's - has he got a plan then? I've got a budding PE Teacher and a Forensic Scientist here:D

Helen, they are in Scotland so doing Intermediate 2 exams and Highers - same stage as GCSE and A level but different. Oldest wants to study medicine so needs the A's really - just for starters!!!

STOP NIBBLING!! You are getting it next week!! Glad to hear exams went well, they can be so stressful but I am sure you are nothing but a delight and a support! ...arm still very sore...took a lot of effort to write this you know...ow

I really appreciate that you took the time and effort to post for me angel. I hope your arm recovered a bit from the stress of all those words....and capitals must have hurt particularly badly.;)

I have cut back on the nibbling....not quite stopped but getting there.

In a nice hotel in Brussels at the mo as I am working here tomorrow so going to make the most of the pool/gym in the morning as we don't start till 10am. Be up and at it at 7 is the plan.

Went to a quiz night last night - came 4th - and there were at least 15 teams so was pretty pleased with that....my most surprising moment was when the question was "What does the B in Lyndon B Johnstone stand for"....and my 9rd old says "Bains"....and she was right :eek::eek::eek:

Apparently, she had been reading the little free booklets that came with the Independent when she has been having her breakfast over the last few weeks....see, if you ever needed an excuse never to tidy your kitchen table again - there it is. You will be hampering your childs education!!!

Last edited:
:eek:Wow - lots of luck to him! Medicine is a real competitive environment. Has he decided where he wants to study?

BTW I'm trying to get a pic up of my PT so you can decide for yourself;)

:eek:Wow - lots of luck to him! Medicine is a real competitive environment. Has he decided where he wants to study?

I know - nightmare. The personal statement is a big part of the entrance process at a lot of the Uni's so his work experience will matter.....

He is not sure yet where to go - depends on where he gets an offer I suppose - but he will apply to St Andrews, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen (in that order...)

are you over your nibbling yet? xxx

mmmmm - well I guess it depends on how you qualify "over it" really....

arrived at the hotel and there was this lovely belgian chocolate in my room where the tea biscuits usually are in the UK...well its is the home of lovely chocolate after all....so of course, I had to sample it!!!

Then went to the bar and had a chicken burger and fries (didn't eat very many though!)for my tea....

while waiting, they put on the table bowls - yes plural - of cashew nuts and almonds - not your minging bits of popcorn here....so I had a "few"

Then, if that wasn't enough, they brought out some lovely fresh, crusty bread, with balsamic and olive oil dip....just to be going on with.

So, yes, I am over my nibbling now - cos I am totally stuffed and I've just realised that its half 12....we are an hour ahead - and I better get to my bed!!!!

The bread with dip sounds so nice (even at 2 in the morning) dont know how anyone could have resisted that

have a great time

mmmmm My mouth is Watering after reading your post!

Hi Rosie, hope your son's exams are all going well. My middle son is in the middle of his AS levels as well so a bit stressy! The temptation of pigging out on choc must be hard when it's the home of it! Hope you have a lovely week xx

Yep you've made my mouth water....I'd chose the brussels over chocolate of course :p:p (i'm also a good fibber :D)

Sounds a fab hotel, enjoy :)

:) ah I love crusty bread! with lots of butter! Back in the days used to eat half a bloomer with loads of butter and tomato soup for lunch! Soooo nice!
Are you excited about your Jen cuddle yet? Not long to go!

MMmmm nearly started dribbling reading about all that yummy food
love crusty bread dipped in oil.......

sounds like your havin a good time xx

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. x

OMG how hungry am I now! Hope you're doing good and having a great time xxx

How's it going Rosie?

Are you still in Brussels or are you back home now?

Back home now, Helen.

Should have got the flight at 4.45pm last night but the client asked me to stay on to do some coaching work with his team so ended up back home at 11pm - bit tired but it was the right thing to do.

Jane, its a seriously bad place for a dieter - lovely pastries, cheeses, and of course, CHOCOLATE!!!! It was bloomin everywhere, calling to me.

I did try one of those vibro plate things in the hotel gym - it was very, very strange. Not sure what you are supposed to do on it? Do you just kind of stand there - and maybe do some squats...I didn't like the sensation though - I imagine its like using a pnuematic drill - and to be fair, I haven't seen many of them that are on the skinny side!!!!

:)
Are you excited about your Jen cuddle yet? Not long to go!

You'll be giving folks the wrong impression of our rendevous ;)

Really excited actually - feels like ages since I have seen either of you!

Working from home today - more computer work....deep joy. x

OMG food sounded delish... Pleased you had a good time.
Have a supa tuesday xx

Back