LT Diary Charlotte

Day 15 (Friday 22nd November 2013)
I wasn't too dis-heartened by yesterday's weigh-in as I realized that I've reached a mini goal: to exit the obese BMI category! I'm no longer obese yay!
Been doing a lot of coursework so not even had time to think about food or anything, but I babysat for someone tonight and only took a half liter bottle of water with me, and when I got home later than planned I had to cram in a final shake and another 500ml of water at about half midnight. Not the best idea but at least I'm managing.
I also had to walk home in the cold down a road with no streetlights, which wasn't very fun..

Last edited:
Pleased to hear you are doing all you can to stay on track Abbey, you should have no probs reaching your goal :)

Also I've just realised your birthday is 3 days after mine! I'm hoping to be at my target weight by then too!

Pleased to hear you are doing all you can to stay on track Abbey, you should have no probs reaching your goal :)

Also I've just realised your birthday is 3 days after mine! I'm hoping to be at my target weight by then too!

Thanks, it's tough sometimes! I can't imagine being at my goal weight, I've never been slim before
Aw I'll make sure I wish you a happy birthday! I take it you're coming off LT for Christmas?

Last edited:
Day 16 (Saturday 23rd November 2013)
8 days until December and then we can all start getting in the Christmas spirit! I've already done all my shopping! Belly's been gurgling all day and got stomach pains, better now though. Parents had chinese for dinner and it smells so good! Must... resist...
Also, I was under 13 stone this morning! Which means I've lost a whole stone! I won't count it as a mini goal sign off though, because my weight fluctuates all the time and I rely only on the pharmacy scales, but hopefully at my next weigh-in I can cross that mini goal off too! :D

Last edited:
Day 17 (Sunday 24th November 2013)
Pretty unproductive day so far, but I'm pleased that I've managed to stick to LT 100% so far with no slip ups or anything. Also, everyone is beginning to notice the weight loss, including my boyfriend that I hadn't seen for a month and my sister that last saw me before I began LT. Apparently my skin is looking better too and I can walk up the big hill from the beach to my house easier now without getting out of breath or aching all over. I'm so happy already and I've only lost a quarter of what I want to lose. But I've been told by my sister, who's 11stone and slim that she can't imagine me being 10 stone because "our family's not meant to be that tiny". Bit disheartening and not very supportive, but I aim to prove everyone wrong.

Last edited:
image-2755990239.jpg

Motivation

Day 18 (Monday 25th November 2013)
Doing well, looking forward to my refeed in about 3 weeks, but worrying about what to eat over Christmas after my refeed that's not high in fat or carbohydrates. Which is more important to focus on, carbs, fat or calories? I will return to Lipotrim ASAP after Christmas.

Last edited:
I would imagine keeping your carbs low would be the most beneficial, as some fats are healthy (not all) and calories are ok if you keep them to what you are burning in a day or less. For example cheese is a good food as it's low carb, medium in calories and the fats are positive ones. But if you still keep a food diary and try and sort out an amount to stick to each day it might be easier. Try something like my fitness pal as you can set it up to gain, loose or maintain weight and then tweak your daily calorie allowance to suit and all usually have to do is can the barcodes or search for the foods you eat and the amount as you go along.

I would imagine keeping your carbs low would be the most beneficial, as some fats are healthy (not all) and calories are ok if you keep them to what you are burning in a day or less. For example cheese is a good food as it's low carb, medium in calories and the fats are positive ones. But if you still keep a food diary and try and sort out an amount to stick to each day it might be easier. Try something like my fitness pal as you can set it up to gain, loose or maintain weight and then tweak your daily calorie allowance to suit and all usually have to do is can the barcodes or search for the foods you eat and the amount as you go along.

Thank you, I thought carbs would be the biggest problem because I'm sure they're the reason I'm so big in the first place: both my unhealthy diet and what i thought was a healthier diet consist of LOTS of carbs (pasta, rice, bread, potatoes... all the time). Not sure cheese would be a good idea though, it's very fatty and everyone I know that eats a lot of cheese has big thighs. I will give My Fitness Pal a go, thank you again for the information xx

Last edited:
I was using cheese as an example as if you eat a lot if any food you can have problems, the key is a little if a variety of foods, so yes small amounts of cheese are ok and good for you because they contain the right kinds of fats our bodies need, good for protein, and low in carbs, but if you eat a block of the stuff then yes you are going to out weight on.

Day 19 (Tuesday 26th November 2013)
Surprised at how easy this is becoming, and reckon I'll be under 13stone at this thursday's weigh-in. Only problem is that on saturday we're all going out for a meal because it's my niece's 20th birthday, what do I do? I don't want everyone to know that I'm on LT but I can't sit there with a glass of water without them asking.

Last edited:
Glad it's becoming easier Abbey, once you get in to the routine of it all it's not so bad!

Nights out are difficult, maybe stick to water and say you are on medication or you have an upset tummy! Hopefully they will understand.

Keep up the excellent progress :)

Glad it's becoming easier Abbey, once you get in to the routine of it all it's not so bad!

Nights out are difficult, maybe stick to water and say you are on medication or you have an upset tummy! Hopefully they will understand.

Keep up the excellent progress :)

Thank you :) I could say that I already ate or something, thank you again x

Day 20 (Wednesday 27th November 2013)
Drank lots of water for once, already looking up healthy, low-fat meals for my refeed in about 3 weeks. Have signed up to My Fitness Pal as well so that will definitely come in handy :) Not so sure about being under 13 stone tomorrow anymore, I keep switching between 12'12, 12'13 and 13'0 so i'm sure that when I get weighed and have my shoes on, I will have only lost another 2.5lbs. How annoying, that isn't going to help me reach my goal :\
And as someone has said before, it's really disheartening when you've stuck to LT 100% but aren't losing as much as people that keep cheating.

Last edited:
It's tougher for some of us as weight loss seems slower than everyone else's. But I suppose that means were more grateful to reach goal and try harder to maintain it as it took us longer to get there.

Oh and as for your meal night out, what about just ordering a starter as a main and tell them you aren't feeling very hungry? Try
Viking something healthier off the menu and you'll do less damage.

Yeah, just the luck of the draw I suppose
No I don't want to risk anything, I'll just have some water and say I already ate, but thank you for the advice x

I'm very worried, if I continue to lose only 2.5lb a week, it will take another 17 weeks to get down to 10 stone, and it's only 15 weeks until my birthday (goal date), ugh :( and that's not taking into consideration the fact that I'm breaking for Christmas and that weight loss tends to slow down towards the end. Anyone got any ideas on how I can speed this up a bit? Should I walk a bit more or drink more water? :confused:

Try upping the amount you are drinking and start some exercise and see if it boosts your loss. Also 2.5 isn't guaranteed every week, you may loose more some weeks.

Back