LT PCOS - What PCOS Is!

hehehe... yep. I think its N7, holloway or somewhere near there i think. The other half lives in London he has a good job and we will be living with his mum and dad so definitely wont be moving. My family live in Lancashire.. so its gonna be horrible for me.

Lol. when I was younger me and my sis always used to talk about the kind of guy we wanna marry and we both used to say someone who has nice coloured eyes!... well it happened accidentally but I got my green eyes :p

I am really close to Holloway, Id say about 20min bus ride, it sounds far but thats close in london with traffic

Yea how did you meet? My BF is black so the green eyes would look odd.

when I was at uni in Liverpool I was out with my friends who introduced me to some friends of hers. He was a friend of a friend of hers and had come up from London to visit.. We got talking... met up a few times through friends. exchanged numbers... and then the lurve story started

I am really close to Holloway, Id say about 20min bus ride, it sounds far but thats close in london with traffic

Yea how did you meet? My BF is black so the green eyes would look odd.

oh cool! When Im lost in london I'll be thinking of you.

yeah that would look a bit odd if he had green eyes! oooh.. if you get married and have kiddies they'll have gorgeous curly wurly hair. :)

U never know whats around the corner and then bang ur in love. Really wish u luck coz ur an amazing person. U deserve the very best in life x

heheh.. thank you. that was the short version of our love story. tbh when he told me that he liked me and wanted to go out with me I was like "are you for real! why would you wanna be seen with me". but he really is a gem. he's the one person who has truly loved me inside and out.

He came to my sisters wedding last year and at that time I hadnt told my family about him. My sister told my mum that he was one of her friends... my mum and rest of family loved him straight away. After the wedding she spoke about him and said thats the kind of guy I want for my daughter... so we made her wish come true and told her we wanted to get married.

U never know whats around the corner and then bang ur in love. Really wish u luck coz ur an amazing person. U deserve the very best in life x

aww thank you huni. the very same back to you! your all such amazing people and have been so good to me throughout this LT stuff, couldnt have done it without you!..

hey girls,
I've not actually been diagnosed with PCOS but I think I have it. I havent had regular periods for about 3 years. Thing is i'm scared to go the doctors because everytime i do, they always blame everything on my weight. Sounds silly because my health should come first, but i just don't lke going. I have had quite bad skin recently, but only the last couple of months. I don't have too much excess hair, altho i did start growing a mini tash. I was mortified. I got my friend to wax it immediately, as well as doing my eyebrows, but afterwards i ended up looking like ronald mcdonald. I contemplated wearing a balaclava for a few days til the redness died down!!
The thought of being interfile fills me with dread too. I know i should really go to my docs (might not be PCOS)but ive been doing reading on it and they do say losing weight is best don;t they. So hopefuly on the right track.
Thanks for the post guys its nice to know there are others out there xxxx

Heya (waves)

I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 18 and told it was very unlikely i would have children without any help, fertility drugs ivf etc.
I accepted this as i didnt want kids, i have 10 neices and nephews and im one of five lol, christmas is expensive :)

Im 32 now and i had been on metformin for 6 months, i came off cos i just kept forgetting to take it. I found out i was pregnant on New years eve 2007 :eek:

I did three pg tests and nearly fell over lol, i only tested myself because i had a period bang on time over 4 months (first time ever).

So miricles do happen and she is a healthy little girl now 5 months old :):)

hey girls,
I've not actually been diagnosed with PCOS but I think I have it. I havent had regular periods for about 3 years. Thing is i'm scared to go the doctors because everytime i do, they always blame everything on my weight. Sounds silly because my health should come first, but i just don't lke going. I have had quite bad skin recently, but only the last couple of months. I don't have too much excess hair, altho i did start growing a mini tash. I was mortified. I got my friend to wax it immediately, as well as doing my eyebrows, but afterwards i ended up looking like ronald mcdonald. I contemplated wearing a balaclava for a few days til the redness died down!!
The thought of being interfile fills me with dread too. I know i should really go to my docs (might not be PCOS)but ive been doing reading on it and they do say losing weight is best don;t they. So hopefuly on the right track.
Thanks for the post guys its nice to know there are others out there xxxx

I know what you mean about the drs saying the weight thing.... so this is how i got around it. Start off by saying, "I am deiting at the moment so there is no need to talk about my weight, I would like for you to refer me to gyne so i can be assessed for PCOS".

Drs are just humans who went Uni longer than the average person, not god!

Ronald Macdonald LMAOOOO - waxing is the best way, does she put aloe vera cream on after? that smoothes the red

The kids thing is what they say, many PCOS sufferers have kids

Heya (waves)

I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 18 and told it was very unlikely i would have children without any help, fertility drugs ivf etc.
I accepted this as i didnt want kids, i have 10 neices and nephews and im one of five lol, christmas is expensive :)

Im 32 now and i had been on metformin for 6 months, i came off cos i just kept forgetting to take it. I found out i was pregnant on New years eve 2007 :eek:

I did three pg tests and nearly fell over lol, i only tested myself because i had a period bang on time over 4 months (first time ever).

So miricles do happen and she is a healthy little girl now 5 months old :):)

Congrats xxxxx Thats such heartwarming news x

hey there,

I don't have PCOS, but funnily enough i have so many of the symptoms 2 docs thought i had it. Me and hubby have been trying for a baby well over 4 years now, and one of the consultants said 'do you have pcos? you have a hairy face!'......lol. Sad but true. I do have a big issue with hair than i am 100% sure is linked to my weight. When i was 18 and started putting on weight the chin hair started. Well i am a lot heavier and its gotten worse.

I have had lazer surgery. It made me cry...well eyes water. It does hurt. and within 9-12 months the blimmin hair was back.....because i gained even more weight. SIGH! I reckon if you are going to have your hair lazered off then lose weight first and maintain :) That way you will keep the hormones in balance and its more likely you will keep the evil hairs away :)

Hi
I have PCOS and am relieved to find LT as other diets do not seem to ft the bill.
I have been very blessed. At 19 I was told my PCOS was so bad I would not have children. Now at 38 I have a 3 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. Both conceived, after coming off the pill, within 2 weeks. The heart ache the medics put me through for so long as I was under the misconception that I could not have children was terrible.
I wish you all the best!

So if you dont have PCOS but many of the symptons...... what do you have? Or what made them say you dont have?

Back