Lucky7's Low GI Diary

Ok - Yesterday I had

B - Apple, Oat and Cottage cheese bake

E - Toning class (level - Bl**dy difficult)

S - Fruit & 7 almonds

L - Chicken and Veg stir fried with soy sauce, ginger, garlic and chilli

S - Nakd bar

D - Half a popadom with onions and tomatoes, Chicken tikka ,okra (Bindi Bhaji) and salad (Out in an indian)
I know this isn't perfectly Low GI, but it was the best I could do in an Indian restaurant when out with my Dad, Step Mum, Step Sister and boyfriend, and my plat was still half veggies and half protein. I didn't plan on the popadom but couldn't resist when everyone else was eating them. At least I only had a bit. I was surprised that I couldn't eat all of my chicken. I've obviously got used to smaller portions. No probs - OH was very obliging in eating my chicken for me! Noone else was interested in veggies of I'd have shared a couple of veg side dishes. I did offer my okra around when I'd taken what I needed. They didn't seem keen lol.

Today is as follows....

B - Low GI Blueberry and bran muffin (one of those that I made and froze earlier in the week) and a nectarine

Exercise - Zumba Class

S - Nakd Bar and some cherries

L - Salad with tinned mackerel in tomato sauce

S - Fruit and nuts

D - Mushroom, pepper, courgette and lean mince bolognaise with a little wholemeal spaghetti

S - A little bit of apple, oat and cottage cheese bake

Tomorrow I'm going to Alton Towers with my friend, and she wants to leave at 5am!!! Anyway - I'm going to defrost the last two muffins from the freezer (one each to have with a drink when we stop for a break at the services). I'll also take some of the apple, oat and cottage cheese bake, some nuts and some (non- messy / non-squashy) fruit and some water. I know that my friend is looking forward to getting food there, so I'll take my little Rick Gallop book with me to help me make the best choices that I can. When I was a kid we always used to take a big picnic, but that was when my parents were there to lug it all around. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Have a great day at Alton Towers. Lol at your comment about not wanting to carry your own picnic.

Did mostly ok - apart from lunch which was a veggie burger and chips (not that I ate many chips), but it was a good day out and I walked about 100 miles.
Next time I go I will take a proper picnic lunch and put it in the lockers by the entrance in a cool bag, saving money and my waistline. Not moaning, just more able to plan for next visit now I know what's there. Got home (worn out) at half 7 and OH was waiting for me to cook dinner, so made spicy veg and extra lean mince chilli. Didn't really feel like it but am glad I bothered now. Think I might eat that last muffin when I've drunk my gin and slimline tonic. Then BED.

Yep. I know that Alton Towers, walked 100 miles feeling. Those chips won't have touched the sides.

Back