Lucy's Atkins Diary :)

You have put me in the mood for sprouts now!!

I've had a couple of BAAAAD days... long story short I had a few stressful events, and true to form I turned to food. On Monday I stayed low-carb, just waaaaay too much. I recorded everything and ended up at 35nc and about 2600 cals for the day. Yesterday I was OK all day, but in the evening I just went nuts and didn't stick to low-carb and didn't record so goodness only knows what my levels were! I wasn't even slightly hungry but that's rarely a factor when the urge to binge occurs, and I ended up stuffed, uncomfortable and with indigestion. BUT I've drawn a line, sorted my head out as best I can and am started afresh today. OWL can wait for a while until I'm properly straight again, back to 20gnc. I weighed this morning anyway to see the damage and oddly enough I haven't gained, but I'm guessing that maybe slight dehydration. Anyway, that's my confession over with - onwards and downwards again :rolleyes:

Morning Lucy, so what caused it all then?

Thanks Susie. Feel ok about things today, not really hungry (not surprised!!! :eek:). My danger time is definitely evenings when the kids have gone to bed. If I'm feeling any kind of "out of sorts" that's when all I can think about is food, hungry or not. I really didn't enjoy any of it last night, nothing tasted as I thought it would and nothing actually hit the spot. It must be that I've trained my tastebuds for proper food! So hopefully that's out of my system for now :)

Hiya Lucy - agree it's a useful lesson when you discover it doesn't taste so good anymore. I've surprised myself by not even wanting some stuff now - even though i assumed that the longer without the more i would want it. In fact i think i've turned into more of a carnivore ...hmm... Wouldn't have thought that was possible:D

I've been fighting cravings for pizza for a few days now - but I know if I did give in, it wouldn't taste anywhere near as nice as I think it would :)

What I do to satisfy my pizza cravings... Chicken breast and batter it till thin... Tiny squeeze of Tom purée or low carb ketchup if you have it... Cheese and a few bits of pepperoni!!! Delish

I've been fighting cravings for pizza for a few days now - but I know if I did give in, it wouldn't taste anywhere near as nice as I think it would :)

It really wouldn't Susie. It would lay really heavy, give you indigestion, probably keep you awake at night and make you feel like crap the next day. Did that help? ;)

Ingenious Laura! :)

Morning Lucy, so were you good last night :)

Morning Lucy! I so relate to your crazy eating days... I hope the head space is in the right place now ... :)

Laura - fantastic pizza alternative! Will try it! :)

It's my emergency pizza fix lol

Morning Lucy:)

Re pizza - dh was eating one in front of me yesterday so i had a teeny slice and just ate the topping - yum:D. My best pizza substitute so far is using low carb josephs pittas as a base

Morning Lucy, so were you good last night :)

As gold Jim, as gold! :D

Morning Lucy! I so relate to your crazy eating days... I hope the head space is in the right place now ... :)

Laura - fantastic pizza alternative! Will try it! :)

All good now, thank you - a slight technical hitch there ;)

Re pizza - dh was eating one in front of me yesterday so i had a teeny slice and just ate the topping - yum:D. My best pizza substitute so far is using low carb josephs pittas as a base

Morning Kat1e!

I've never been a big fan of pizza, but Laura's chicken version sounds good :)

Morning loobielou :)

Morning Lucy:D

Eeeeevenin' all.

Feeling pretty crap tonight... PMT, tired, p***ed right off with ex being a knob (please excuse foul language, did I mention PMT??? :mad:)
Today's menu all fine so far but I'm just in the mood for angry sabotage. Sitting here at the pooter for as long as possible to occupy me! Definitely cheered me up checking my diary, it's lovely to know there are nice people out there (woe is me, boohoo, etc. etc.)

Ok, that actually helped. Officially unloaded.

Now I can think about enjoying my proper Atkins tea instead of picking at rubbishy rubbish. Bring on the greens ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh Lucy! Sounds like you've had a rubbish day! Hope you feel better soon x:)

Back