Lucy's Atkins Diary :)

Morning Lucy, LOL, I love the name. :) what'll the kids call theirs?

Afternoon Jim, my daughter says hers will either be Daphne (Scooby Doo fan) or Tracy Beaker. Son's will be Shaggy (another Scooby Doo fan). I've lost the number of the farm they will come from so we'll drive over tomorrow to hopefully pick them up.

Another very busy day (few days off work now until Saturday), can't believe there's only two weeks left of school holiday - though I'm nearly ready for a break! Menu all good today :)

The kids up here are already back at school!!

Hi Lucy, kids go back in two weeks here as well. I like the though ogf a couple of chooks here as well, but we do have a high urban fox population and also we go away on holiday a lot so I don't think it's a feasible proposition really.

I'll get my brother to call in, he's in Somerset, much closer Lucy :)

The new girls!! A bit bedraggled coz it's raining, but they're settling in nicely. Frank (the cat) has checked them out and allowed them to stay, as long as they stay in their enclosure! When we got home I noticed that one has a bent and slightly broken beak, so I've adopted her as Enid. It's not stopping her eating so she should be fine. I'm also eating fine, thank you :D

Lucy Phone Pics 049.jpg

Attachments

• Lucy Phone Pics 048.jpg
    Lucy Phone Pics 048.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 55
Love the chooks Lucy! :)

Jealous of your egg producing machines :D
Xx

Jealous of your egg producing machines :D
Xx

Haha, the ultimate Atkins pet :) The fun might start when I have to round them up into their coop, which they haven't been in yet. I'm thinking bribery with cabbage leaves... (well it would work for me ;))

Aww, love the chicks Lucy! I am welllll jealous - sadly it's not an option for me living in a pokey London flat. I bet the fresh eggs will taste waaaay better than supermarkets ones.

Morning Lucy :)

Morning all :)
I've clipped the chook's wings this morning, one had made it over the fence yesterday evening! They seem happy enough today :)
Taking the kids out to a castle/adventure place today, our Big Day Out of the hols. I'll be taking a lunch box full of legals just in case there are only variations with chips to eat there. And lots of water. And rain coats. Big breakfast first of course :)
Have a happy Thursday everyone x

It's been a great day, knackered now though - we walked miles! It only rained as we were going back to the car so that was good. Glad I took a lunchbox as there was only hotdogs, chips, waffles, cakes, biscuits and ice cream available.
But, came home and one of the chooks has made a bid for freedom. It's the one who escaped yesterday, I had hoped that clipping their wings would stop them flying. I can't find her anywhere in the vicinity, she could be anywhere by now :(. On the bright side, there were 2 eggs when we got home.
Ironically, I'm cooking roast chicken now for tea :eek:

Back