Lunch advice needed

hopefulslimmer

Hey peeps,

I have a graduate lunch today that I have to go to, networking and stuff, and they have decided to go to Wagamama.

I really don't want to break the diet as this is my third day and I have been 100% and finding it fine so far, but it will be very rude if I sit there and don't eat anything. I have been looking at the menu and there are a couple of options that I could possibly have:

cumin chicken salad new £8.25
stir-fried cumin chicken with beansprouts
red onion and peppers tossed in a ginger
tamarind sauce. served on a salad of baby
spinach dressed with wagamama house
dressing. garnished with chillies - which comes to about 316 calories with 14g of carbs which I think is quite high

OR

raw salad v £2.95
mixed leaves, red onions, mooli and carrot.
garnished with fried shallots and served with
wagamama house dressing and

negima yakitori £5.10
three skewers of grilled chicken
and spring onion coated in yakitori sauce

Which I think would be the best option.

What do you think????

I'd go for the third one - and you can ask them waiter/waitress to leave out the sauce, it's amazing what calories those liquids hold. Enjoy your graduate meal :) And many congratulations sweetie :):):) Big Hugs x x x

Hmm still can't decide. I was thinking about getting the chilli chicken ramen without the noodles cause then it is pretty much just a big bowl of soup with chicken and veg. I really wish this hadn't come up, I was doing so well but it is important that I don't appear rude :rolleyes:

Yes, that would be an option, and when it arrives I'd just advise that you eat the green vegetables only and steer clear of carrots (carbs) and onions etc. Big Hugs x x x

can you not ask them to make you a plain chicken salad? I think restaurants are usually pretty helpful with stuff like that hun?
And have a shake/soup before you go to keep you in the zone! :D

Hmm still can't decide. I was thinking about getting the chilli chicken ramen without the noodles cause then it is pretty much just a big bowl of soup with chicken and veg. I really wish this hadn't come up, I was doing so well but it is important that I don't appear rude :rolleyes:

OH....MY....GOD MY FAVE!!

Hey well back from lunch and I think I managed to do quite well. I went for the chilli chicken ramen with no noodles so it was pretty much a big bowl of broth, beansprouts, a bit of red onion and a grilled chicken breast and a sparkling water :D

I think I was nearly in Ketosis anyway so even if it has knocked me back a bit it won't be much. Hopefully it won't impact the scales much if at all on Tuesday!! Hope there isn't anymore like that though, I was totally stressing about it before I went :rolleyes:

Back