Lunch Ideas

I quite often have either a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce (just need to open) with some couscous (just need a kettle) and one of those frozen bags of mixed veg (just need 4 mins in a microwave) - no prep needed at home and easy to make at work. I sometimes swap the mackerel for birds eye baked to perfection salmon - 3 mins in microwave - easy!

Great ideas thank you! Well yesterday and today I made up pasta with tinned tomatoes, garlic bacon and mushrooms! Surprisingly tasty lol I'm not a huge pasta fan!

Packed Lunch Ideas please

Hi, im about to start doing Slimming world at home (unfortunately cant afford groups) and my hubby wants to do it too. Im struggling with lunch ideas for him tho...
He has leaves early in the morning so it needs to be something i can make the night before and unfortunately he has no way of heating anything up.
Any ideas would be greatly received.
Thanks

what about fruit, yoghurt, sandwich using healthy extra? You could fill it up with lots of items. Would he bring a flask with some soup in?

a kind of ploughmans lunch with boiled eggs, slices of ham, mini babybel cheeses, pickled onions and gherkins, cherry tomatoes and ryvita (includes HEA & HEB)
cooked chicken drumsticks
mini quiches
couscous salads
Does he have a kettle? - Mugshots for those colder days
Yoghurts and fruit or fruit salads
sushi packs - these have syns but very low

Pasta salads
A thermos full of soup
Carrot sticks and houmous
SW scotch eggs
Chicken / ham salads

Thanks everyone, gives me some good ideas :)
He does have a kettle so could do the mug shots and think hed probably like the ploughmans idea.
The soup would be great but it wouldnt stay warm enough in the rubbish thermos we have lol. Plus he likes lots of bread with his soups.

Thanks everyone, gives me some good ideas :) He does have a kettle so could do the mug shots and think hed probably like the ploughmans idea. The soup would be great but it wouldnt stay warm enough in the rubbish thermos we have lol. Plus he likes lots of bread with his soups.

Have you tried the "Free" cheesy scone recipe that's on here? I say "Free", because it uses powdered potato instead of flour, and that's a bit of a tweak in SW terms - but they're delicious and if you have them as part of a meal (e.g. two with a flask of soup) they're really filling.

They also freeze very well, so you could make a batch and then freeze them in bags to take out in the morning.

Ooh thats a good idea! Not seen or heard of them so will have to see if I can find it. I only joined forum last night so still finding my way round :)

Powdered potato as in smash/supermarket version?

Ooh thats a good idea! Not seen or heard of them so will have to see if I can find it. I only joined forum last night so still finding my way round :) Powdered potato as in smash/supermarket version?

Yep :)

I wouldn't eat them as a snack even though the ingredients are all Free, but I think as part of a meal, eaten every so often they're great.

I'm sure you'll find it if you do a forum search for free scones :)

Going back to work

Hi everyone I am about to go back to work for the first time in about four years. It is an office job 9-5 and im slightly nervous about what sort of food to have for lunch. Being at home everyday means I have just used my own kitchen to make a proper lunch. Any tips/suggestions?

Do you know what sort of facilities you will have there (i.e. a microwave)?

I tend to have leftovers from dinner from the night before which takes a lot of the stress out of things, and I don't mind eating them cold (I've worked in a couple of places that didn't have a microwave so had to get used to it).

Hi everyone I am about to go back to work for the first time in about four years. It is an office job 9-5 and im slightly nervous about what sort of food to have for lunch. Being at home everyday means I have just used my own kitchen to make a proper lunch. Any tips/suggestions?

I usually reheat whatever I've had the night before eg spaghetti bolognese. I bake potatoes at home and reheat them in work and have them with cheese, tuna mayo etc. I make pasta salads - pasta arrabiata is my favourite at the moment.
SW scotch eggs and salad
Any cold meats with salad
Mugshots
Fruit
Mullerlights
SW houmous with carrot sticks
SW quiche
Homemade soup
Frittata

I work in an office and take any of the above with me

I would suggest that for the first couple of days you check out what facilities there are, and what other people do.

And if there are any rules. Some places allow you to eat at your desk, some don't.

Are you sharing an office? If so, don't take in food which might smell unpleasant to other people, or which might make the office smell for the rest of the day.

Are there cooking facilities? Is there a canteen/tea lady/vending machine? Is there a sandwich shop nearby which will make you a sandwich to order - wholemeal bread, no butter, lots of salad in the filling?

So to start with, take in a simple sandwich, or some Ryvita and cottage cheese, until you get the hang of things.

I would suggest that for the first couple of days you check out what facilities there are, and what other people do. And if there are any rules. Some places allow you to eat at your desk, some don't. Are you sharing an office? If so, don't take in food which might smell unpleasant to other people, or which might make the office smell for the rest of the day. Are there cooking facilities? Is there a canteen/tea lady/vending machine? Is there a sandwich shop nearby which will make you a sandwich to order - wholemeal bread, no butter, lots of salad in the filling? So to start with, take in a simple sandwich, or some Ryvita and cottage cheese, until you get the hang of things.

Completely agree with the above, great advice.

Personally, I take a sandwich or salad, but that's what works for me (& what most people at my place do).

My lunch today was - sliced spud with skin on. couple boiled eggs, tomatoes and extra lite mayo 30ml. (1syn)

Filling, nice hot or cold. Used to take to work cold.

I make a plowmans style lunch, using the cheese from HEa and bread from HEb, but if I'm short on time, nothing better than a tomato and ham sandwich

Lunch ideas when at work

Hi all. I'm a target member currently on maternity leave but I go back to work in October so I'm after some ideas of easy to prepare quick lunches to take. SW lunches have been easy up till now as I'm at home with a kitchen but at work there's only a microwave.

So far I have:-
Cous cous salad
Pasta/rice salad
Prawns, fish sticks and cottage cheese with ryvita
Mugshots
Salads
Soups

Any ideas would be appreciated

X

Back