Lunch Ideas

Have you looked at the 'whats for lunch' thread for ideas?

Actually if you do a search on 'Lunch' there are quite a lot of threads with ideas in them

Generally soup but more often leftover from night before but smaller portion and fruit
If I don't plan it's difficult and I would go without eating which isn't good
Even some days carrots and hummus but this week chili and rice with salad sometimes pasta depends what I am in the mood for
I always prep the night before

Lunch help

Hi, I'm wondering in anyone can help? I really need some ideas for lunch, we have a shared staff room with other companies in the building. So all we have is a microwave and toaster, I'm getting a bit fed up with soups and sandwiches.

So I wondered if you nice people had any other ideas, I would need to make it the night before as well as I leave early on mornings!
Thanks x

Hiya

I just take an Uncle Bens rice (my faves are Mexican, Thai Curry , Chinese, Mushroom) or Ainsleys couscous. Uncle Bens is around 2 - 2.5 SYNS and takes 2 mins in the microwave. (around 0.5 SYNS) needs hot water and I blast it after in the microwave for good measure.

The night before I sling them in my pack lunch bag with fruit and my breakfast. I take a small Tupperware container fir the couscous .

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you, I was having soup every day (which was good for my losses) but I started to get a bit fed up with it.

For a bit of a change, you can get toastie pockets for £1 in Poundland, then you just put your sandwich in the pocket, and put the whole lot into the toaster to make a toastie :D

You could have beans on toast or scrambled eggs on toast. I also cook my sausages and then just heat them up in the microwave the next day.

If you want savoury rices, you can pour it into a wide flask with a little more water than the packet calls for, do this before you leave in the morning and by lunchtime the rice will be ready.

Another thing I do is make a little more dinner at night than I actually need (for example chili con carne, SW quiches etc) and then take the rest into work the next day to heat up and have with a salad.

Lunch ideas at work?

Hey all, on day three of Slimming World (Extra Easy) and am loving it. Not craved any chocolate/crisps etc :)

Anyway, I work in an office 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and we don't have a microwave. I was wondering if anyone has any lunch ideas that don't require a microwave?

Thanks

Hi,

I don't quite have the same problem (theres cooking facilities in my workplace) but i do enjoy taking food in with me that does not need to be reheated. Several things i have made include spicy cous cous with wafer thin ham... i love this cold although some would like it hot. If thats you, all you need to do is take in the cous cous and boil a kettle which i guess you will have? Salads can work as can cold frittata. If your really struggling, maybe buy a thermos flask which will keep food hot for a fair few hours and that way you can take soup in with you? You can also now buy pasta packs that only require hot water?

Anyway hope some of this helps

There are a tonne of threads full of lunch box ideas so well worth doing a search.

But invest in a food flask and you can have soups, stews, chilli, curry etc
SW quiche
Frittata
Pasta salad
Rice sald
Cous cous
Leftovers from dinner the day before
Stuffed pitta with ham or falafels
Sandwiches
Ryvita crackerbread with houmous, egg mayo or tuna mayo
SW rice pudding

And lots more ...

thanks guys. I bought some mug shots even though I've never had pasta before. Couldn't find any of the noodle mug shots. I suppose I could have a sandwich the odd day also.

Hi, I put a packet of savory rice with boiling water in a flask in the morning, by lunch time the water has absorbed & I've got a lovely hot meal. SW quiche is also lovely cold with some salad.

Thanks I'm always on the lookout for more lunch ideas!

Struggling with lunch ideas

I seem to be stuck in a rut with regards to lunches. I always seem to have chicken and prawn salad. It is lovely, but getting bored now. I need something that I can prepare in the morning as we only have a microwave at work.

Back