Lunch Ideas

Hey hun! Do you like Ryvita? You can have 2 or 4 as a Hex B and I find them really versatile for lunches...you can have them with ham, E/L mayo and slices of cucumber (yum!), or with cottage cheese and salmon, or with Laughing Cow triangles (5 or 6 depending on colour) as a Hex A and topped with ham, chicken, prawns, tuna, or tuna mayo... the only limit is your imagination... xxx

I always try to make extra for tea then take the left overs to warm up. Or you could make some soup and freeze in batches and take some of that.

I'm having to buy my lunch today as I didn't make extra last night so will probably buy some salad and tuna.

^^^ oh yes, SW mini quiches are a life-saver xx

Red day lunch inspiration!

I do mostly red days during the week as excess carbs slow my weight loss but I'm really running out of lunch ideas :sigh: I seem to have got myself into a rut of omlettes and salad, SW quiche and salad, Meat/cheese and salad or veg soup and I'm worried that if I don't spice it up a bit I will end up binging on something I'm not supposed to! :p I keep craving carbs and I think it's just because I'm not that fussed about what I'm eating.

Can anyone give me some red day lunch inspiration please before I die of boredom?! :D

What about taking left overs from tea the night before that can easily be warmed up.

Something like this is great warmed up

Paprika Chicken Casserole | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes#

Not sure how you use your syns but I have started using my syns in my meals rather than having them as treats in the evening.

So for example syn some rice or cous cous with roasted vegetables with added roasted chickpeas using a heb.

I never thought I would like chickpeas but they are lovely with a similar texture to baked beans.

hope that helps.

Just a suggestion, if you're craving carbs have a couple of EE or GREEN days after you have been weighed, just to get rid of the craving. Then for the next 5 days do RED. I find RED days more difficult to know what to have, but I agree that my weight losses are better. Have u tried the donner kebab recipe? I made mine into little sausages instead which are gorgeous with Hex w/meal pitta, tons of salad and yougurt and mint dressing :)

Lunch Recipe needed

Hi all

My books are all at work and I am on annual leave. I don't have much in the house to make lunch.

Here is what I have, can someone invent something for me :D

Spring Greens
Cabbage
Brocolli
Carrots
Potatos
Sweet potatos
Roast chicken breast
Fresh Tomatos

Oh and I have pasta and rice but I am having paella tonight so I don't really want to have rice twice. I haven't decided on a day (I have only had eggs so far)
:D:D

Roast a selection of potato and veg and make a fresh tomato sauce by zipping the tomatoes and some mix herb or basil in a processor and pour over the chicken.... X

Lunches for work?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and am totally lacking in imagination as to what to have for lunch while I'm at work. Ideally I'd like to make something the night before or have something quick. I don't really have access to a microwave which is a pain. Does anyone have any ideas or any links they could point me to?
Much appreciated as i'm only just starting out and feel like i've fallen at the first hurdle :(

Someone asks this question just about every week so there are loads of threads about it. I suggest you do a search (blue button towards top right that says "search this forum") and search for lunchbox and packed lunch.

There is also a "what's for lunch" thread in the main Sw forum where people post what they have having for lunch each day.

And then there is the food diary section where you can see people's menu plans

I often take either cous cous or pasta with some peas/sweetcorn from the freezer and mix it with a tin of tuna or mackerel. Or homemade soup in a flask.

5 scan brans and 5 laughing cow light triangles, wafer thin ham and cherry tomatoes. Thats your healthy extra a and bs.

kxx

packed lunch

So I seem to be ok at home for lunch cos I have time to cook any fab ideas for packed lunch please

I follow green but all ideas welcome as my OH does any day he feels when he gets up

I will usually make extra a dinner and have the leftovers for lunch the next day. Or I make a potatoe salad, pasta salad, soups...that sort of thing. Lunches can be difficult.

I think you are the third person to ask this question this week :D but lunches are really easy

If you do a search for "lunchbox" you will find loads of threads full of ideas. Also check out the "What's for Lunch.." thread where people post (suprisingly) what they are having for lunch :)

Back