Lunch Ideas

I take Ainsley Couscous - any flavour or Uncle Bens Rice (like mushroom, Thai curry, Chinese, Mexican), or howabout the SYN free Batchelors super noodles?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I usually have a mug shot but must admit I am getting bored of them meaning I usually end up binging on something very wrong :-( if I get to plan ahead I like to make up a packet of batchelors golden rice and tip in a pack of prawns and some cooked vegetables. It is nice cold and will feed you more than 1 day.

I'm the same, I struggle especially as I sometimes work away so end up with a mug shot or buying from a shop :(
I like the sound of the pasta with cottage cheese. Has anyone any ideas for eating on the go (in the car!!!)

There are lots of threads about lunches as someone asks pretty much every week. Try doing a search for "packed lunch" and "lunch box"

I used to make couscous bread. Ainsley Harriot couscous pack any flavour I think they are free or 0.5 syns for the pack (been a while since did SW) make it up with boiling water as instructions. Beat 2 eggs and add stir til well mixed. Place in microwave container (the chinese takeaway containers are ideal). I put the lid on but don't snap it down place it on top cook for 3 ish minutes. Look underneath the container if it has a wet looking patch it needs longer for the egg to cook. Cut into squares in container put lid on and off to work. Can have it hot or cold. I usually made it before work and it was warm by the time I was ready for it. Have it on its own or with salad. Cube ham in it if you want. I also made free mint dip to go with it. Very low fat natural yogurt with a spoon of colemans garden mint sauce (NOT classic mint as that has sugar in it and has to be synned). Its delicious :D.

flab fighter said:
I used to make couscous bread. Ainsley Harriot couscous pack any flavour I think they are free or 0.5 syns for the pack (been a while since did SW) make it up with boiling water as instructions. Beat 2 eggs and add stir til well mixed. Place in microwave container (the chinese takeaway containers are ideal). I put the lid on but don't snap it down place it on top cook for 3 ish minutes. Look underneath the container if it has a wet looking patch it needs longer for the egg to cook. Cut into squares in container put lid on and off to work. Can have it hot or cold. I usually made it before work and it was warm by the time I was ready for it. Have it on its own or with salad. Cube ham in it if you want. I also made free mint dip to go with it. Very low fat natural yogurt with a spoon of colemans garden mint sauce (NOT classic mint as that has sugar in it and has to be synned). Its delicious :D.

This sounds lovely... Kev, please make this... Sounds of Kev grumbling in the kitchen...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Do you have a microwave? I sometimes take a jacket potato and ping it for 7 minutes then top with beans and have some salad on the side. Fills me up a treat and it requires no preparations.

I've just started SW this week and always take my lunch in so i'll get the imagination on it and post back when i can think of some more :) x

Bobsledwheels said:
Do you have a microwave? I sometimes take a jacket potato and ping it for 7 minutes then top with beans and have some salad on the side. Fills me up a treat and it requires no preparations.

I've just started SW this week and always take my lunch in so i'll get the imagination on it and post back when i can think of some more :) x

Thanks, we have one at work in the canteen so that's an option... xx

I usually take leftovers! It doesn't have to be what you had for tea the night before because I know that can get boring. Whatever I make for tea, I make an extra portion and free it. Then when I'm rushing in the morning I can just take a box out and take it with me.
It can be anything; veggie burgers, pasta, pizza, mexican veggies to have with some bread. If I'm really rushing I usually just grab a bag of the Bird's Eye steam veg with rice!

Sharloid said:
I usually take leftovers! It doesn't have to be what you had for tea the night before because I know that can get boring. Whatever I make for tea, I make an extra portion and free it. Then when I'm rushing in the morning I can just take a box out and take it with me.
It can be anything; veggie burgers, pasta, pizza, mexican veggies to have with some bread. If I'm really rushing I usually just grab a bag of the Bird's Eye steam veg with rice!

Thanks, I do sometimes take what's left, but I like the idea of not having the stuff from the night before, will start freezing extra portions and rotating what I take...

can anyone give me some lunch ideas?? im not a huge salad fan and gone right off bread at mo as bored with sandwiches. i have a microwave so all ideas welcome

If you check the main forum there is a 'whats for lunch' thread also if you do a search for 'lunch' youll find numerous other threads with lunch ideas

Maternity Leave ends soon, back to work in june

Hi all :)

I'm currently on maternity leave, had a little boy 22.10.10, I return to work in June, i don't want to go off track with lunches at work, so i would appreciate support, tips and ideas for lunches - i get very bored with food and hate eating the same thing all the time, not a big fan of sandwiches as i find they don't fill me up.

thank you

xx

I give my husband left overs from the night before for his lunches, I always leave enough to fill a chinese container so you should do the same..spagetti bolognese, chilli & rice, curry & rice, chicken salad, pasta, soup, stew etc

...or if you don't want what you've had the night before start freezing stuff in the chinese containers and label them and the night before work lift out what you fancy to defrost :D

If I don't give my husband left overs he would easily spend £6 a day on something to eat for lunch so i'm saving money by doing this (over £100 a month)

Last edited:
I give my husband left overs from the night before for his lunches, I always leave enough to fill a chinese container so you should do the same..spagetti bolognese, chilli & rice, curry & rice, chicken salad, pasta, soup, stew etc

...or if you don't want what you've had the night before start freezing stuff in the chinese containers and label them and the night before work lift out what you fancy to defrost :D

If I don't give my husband left overs he would easily spend £6 a day on something to eat for lunch so i'm saving money by doing this (over £100 a month)

Excellent idea!!

To the original post, knowing what facilities you have will help.

Pasta salads and Rice salads and potato salads are filling and easy to transport.
If you have a microwave Jacket potato, Beans and bacon topped with chopped spring onion is nice,

I make a big pot of soup and take in portions in a food flask, or cold salads based on pasta/rice/bulgar wheat/couscous/quinoa with veg and cold meat/quorn/lentils.

Your best bet is to do a search for "lunch box" and "packed lunch". Someone asks this question at least once a week so there are loads of threads full of lovely ideas that will keep you going for ages.o have

Also check out the "What's for lunch" thread where people post what they are planning to have for lunch that day.

Good luck!

Back