Lunch Ideas

I made the SW quiche last night, it was lovely and would be easy to take in a packed luch. Same applied to a fritata too, just cook it the night before and have it cold :) Both filling and very tasty!! you can't really go wrong with soup or baked spuds either. Salads (pasta,rice,couscous), basically you could have anything if you have a microwave, just pre cook it and reheat at work ... the world is your lobster! :)

What do you have for lunch at work?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to work out my SW food plan (as I am starting on it again) but I'm getting a bit stuck on what to have for lunch during the week.
I've tried many diets in the past but I think I need the variety of SW to make it stick. I previously lost a lot of weight doing it.

So, I guess I'm looking for something that would take less than half an hour to prepare preferably the night before. Also, I get half an hour for lunch so not something that would take long to sort out at work.

Does anyone have ideas as this is the only thing I'm getting stuck on.

Thanks!

Somebody asks this question at least once a week so there are lots of threads full of lunch ideas. Try doing a search for "packed lunch" and "lunch box" and you will find them.

Also check out the "what's for lunch" thread a few posts further down the board where people post what they are eating for lunch.

biggirl86 said:
Sorry, I can't believe I didn't see it!

Don't worry biggirl86, there's so many threads on here it's easy to miss and there's plenty of other peeps happy to answer your questions. Here's a few suggestions for lunches;

Super speed soup
Cold meat salad
Ryvita & laughing cow x light
SW quiche
Bacon, mushroom, onion & tomato frittata

If I make a SW curry, chilli, bolognaise etc I always make enough so I have something to take to work next day ( if u have a microwave)

There's loads more you can do, but I hope this helps you x

i love sw quiche with salad! today i had toast (2 slices of nimble i synned it today but it could be a heb) with a tin of beams with sausages for 2syns which was delicious! i often take pasta n sauce or savoury rice you could take a jacket potato (if you have a microwave) soup (again with the microwave or in a flask to keep it warm) tuna salad, risotto, omlettes, mug shots the list is endless! lol i do struggle though if im on a red day so then i tend to have salad with a bit of meat or soup but there are so many options on sw which is why i love it!

beans, spaghetti, scrambled egg, home made soups ( prep a large batch on the weekend then freeze it in portions, grab a bag out the freezer in the morning and nuke it for 3 mins at work.. ), couscous, mug shots etc..

I normally take fruit (apples/satsuma's) and a mug shot....may fave are tomatoe and herb and chicken noodle. Or pot noodle in a mug the curry one! :) so easy to throw in my handbag and know im staying on track!!
cereal bars are also good tp throw in......especially 1 alpen light! so you can enjoy the second one later in the day (normally at night with a brew :) )

It's usually;

Previous night's leftovers
Home Made speed or superfree soups
Salad on it's own, or with cottage cheese, Quorn sausages, SW quiche, or wafer thin chicken slices

Ellebear said:
Leftovers, Soups, Salads, Ryvitas and cheese, Mini Quiches, Fruit Salads, all sorts - x

Ellebear - you look absolutely amazing in your pictures - a real inspiration - I was feeling a bit down in the dumps as I have not lost for a few weeks but seeing the change in you in your before and after pics has given me a kick up the bum x it's not the small changes you notice but have to look at the longterm - I am glad I saw your pics today - thank you x

Ellebear - you look absolutely amazing in your pictures - a real inspiration - I was feeling a bit down in the dumps as I have not lost for a few weeks but seeing the change in you in your before and after pics has given me a kick up the bum x it's not the small changes you notice but have to look at the longterm - I am glad I saw your pics today - thank you x

OMG thank you xxx thats made my day, that I have helped you think more longterm - 17 months in - 5 to go!!!! (my wedding!) got to get slimmer for then!!!

dont worry about not losing for a few weeks - i have been the same weight for a while - then i get moving again - its just a natural thing (my body gets upset if i lose too fast!!!) keep going hun! xxxx

Lunch help

hi guys im deciding between pesto crusted cod served with cous cous or grilled vegetables and layered rice bake. What would be better to have and lower in syns i guess it all depends what else is in the rice bake. TIA

I would go for the cod I imagine there would be cream in the rice amongst other things - can you ask for no pesto as that's quite high synage ?! Xx

Good luck let me know how it goes xx

Back