1 celery stick, chopped finely
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped finely
1 spring onion, chopped finely
* Pre-cooked chicken
* Runny honey

* Optional extra’s

Method

Place the couscous in a large bowl and add the hot stock. Mix with a fork, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.

Fluff up the couscous and add the other ingredients, add seasoning.
* Add chicken if you want.
Cover and put in the fridge to cool until required

Attachments

• Chicken & Couscous (Large) (2).JPG
    Chicken & Couscous (Large) (2).JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 196
Excellent idea to search for "work" lunch ideas as it's roughly the same.. though unsure if you have access to a kettle/fridge/microwave.

Besides couscous with different spices/additives (roast vegs, feta, cucumber and tomatoes, chickpea..etc)
you can have things like:
Pasta or rice salad
Pasta with tuna and sweetcorn
Spanish tortilla (or crustless quiche)
cut up into wedges/slices.
a sandwich made from bread within allowance
leftover dinner (pasta bakes..etc)
greek salad or tuna nicoise (tinned tuna in water and a boiled egg with salad, olives and cheese if liked)

Make extra of dinners at night time, nuke them in the morning and store them in one of these:

31qroLO8PgL._SS400_.jpg

or these:

bento.jpg

Red day lunch crisis

I left the house in a hurry and didn't prepare my day very well!

Its my first day on an original day any ideas for lunch.

I'm stuck in the office until 12:00 with a hi fi bar

I work near a sainsburys and a tesco any suggestions?

Buy some precooked chicken and remove the skin. Buy a prepared salad and serve with that! if you need to - grab some low fat mayo and syn that! :)

OR

Grab a low cal soup and syn it.

x

Hey All SW Peeps,

I'm needing some ideas for lunch time, something quick, I've bn on SW for 5 wks, it's going well at mo but wud just like to know what every1 else has.

Thanx
Pam

Help - newbie needs packed lunch ideas.....

Hi All,

I don't mind having the same few things for lunch each day so I just need three or four ideas that I can call upon and the rules are as follows..... no soup, little chopping, can eat at my desk, little/no time to prep.

I would really appreciate any help as I go back to work tomorrow and need some help from the Pros!

xx

Get a bag of pre packed salad & some cherry tomatoes. Buy some cook from frozen salmon fillets (2 for £3 in aldi at the mo), or a tin of tuna. Put together in a tub with whatever free dressing you want. Add a hard boiled egg if you fancy. Done!

Or

Buy some already cut up frozen mediteranean veg, cook. Add to cooked cous cos with mixed herbs. Take in tub & eat cold. Add some cooked ham or chicken.

Or

Leftovers from the night before in a food flask if you don't have access to a microwave.

You say you can't have soup, does that mean that mug shots are out of the question?

Why not try alternating what you put in a salad? You could have tuna, couscous, pilchards in tomato sauce, Sainsburys do a tinned lean ham that is free.

Another option would be to cook some pasta the night before and have it cold if you don't have a microwave. Oh and you could always make a slimming world quiche the night before too

You will get more efficient as well so food prep doesn't take up as much time. After 8 months on SW i can now cook dinner, make my lunch & breakfast for the next day in 45 mins total x

rice salad, cooked rice/peas/onion/ low fat dressing and if you can spare a hex a add feta and if you have a hex b have a small brown roll or ryvita with it

The obvious is quick and painfree; salad with chicken/tuna/cottage cheese etc.

Cous cous with roasted veg is delicious, I've just made some for my lunch tomorrow.

A good idea, which is what I try and do is make extra when I am cooking a main meal and save some for lunch the next day.

Back