Lunch Ideas

Easy brekkie, lunch and dinner pretty please

Hi all, only joined recently and am 196 lbs / 14 stone..finding figuring out what to eat diofficult.
Have ye easy breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas? please? :eek:

Lunch I eat often frittata baked beans and or salad fry red onioin peppers, mushrooms and sliced cooked potatoes from the night before. Then add two beaten eggs and cook on the bottom, grill or flip over.
Breakfast I eat yogurt and superfree fruit. I save mey hexa and hex b for cheese on toast (Mozzarella 42g) added sliced tomatoes and mushrooms to make it like a pizza at night so I have a nice snack.
Dinners wow tons on here, look at food pics to see loads of ideas.

Search soups if you like them for lunch.
In fact if you have a fave dish put it in the search box on the main recipes thread and you will maybe find a syn free version. xxxx

Hi Hun, you are exactely the same weight as I was when I started, I found checking all the recipe posts and stickys invaluable, there are so many ideas and tips on this website it really helped me reach my target of 4 and 1/2 stone weight loss, I have been at target now since December 2008. Soups are a great idea and the best advice I can give you is to write a food menu each week to cover you for all your meals for the following 7 days, it will help you keep to your plan as you will be prepared. Also try not to look at the full amount of weight you want to loose, aim for small targets, I aimed for 7lbs, then went to the next 7. Doesnt matter how long it took me to loose each mini target, just pleased each time. good luck hun, you will do great. xxx Looby

EE lunch ideas pleeeeeease!

Hi all
I'm new to Slimming World and following the Extra Easy plan. Anyone got any ideas for filling lunches I can take to work? have use of a microwave. Some soup ideas would be good too. I had a jacket potato and tuna practically everyday last week, if I am not careful I will get bored and give up :confused:

Thank you x

Hey,
I do extra easy and work too! haha.
I take things such as, spag bol (homemade), uncle bens rice pots sweet and sour are free!, loads of fruit, yogurts, jacket potato with anything from tuna to beans, salad, ermm super nooodles, sandwiches either HEX or bread synned, there is loads of things really!!
xx

Thanks, those Uncle Bens pots sound good. I love sweet and sour. I've not seen them in the supermarkets. I suppose I need to get planning more and making things like spag bol the night before. If I make extra at tea my other half ends up eating it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are hundreds of threads about lunch ideas if you search for them. Also, have a look at peoples food diaries for ideas.

Try these.....................

Pete’s Tuna Couscous Salad

Serves 2

Ingredients

100g couscous
200mL boiling vegetable stock
100g cucumber, chopped finely
Zest of a lemon
1 celery stick, chopped finely
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 spring onion, chopped finely
1 small tin of Tuna
Lettuce, finely chopped
1 Tomato, finely chopped

Method

Place the couscous in a large bowl and add the hot veg. stock. Mix with a fork, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.

Open 1 tin of tuna and flake it, add to the now cooled couscous .
Fluff up the couscous and add the other ingredients, zest the lemon, add seasoning.

Cover and put in the fridge to cool until required

Pete’s Chicken Stir-Fry
Serves 2
Ingredients
1 chicken breast per person, cut into strips
1stir-fry veg pack
1x 150g pack Amoy “straight to wok” fine noodles 1.5syn
150g button mushrooms, sliced

Stir-fry sauce

1Tbsp. sweetener
1Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp blue dragon oyster oil 1syn
1 tsp toasted sesame oil 2syn
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 cube of ginger, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. water

Method

Spray a wok with Fry Light and cook the chicken strips until cooked and browned, remove from the pan, add more Fry Light and cook the veg for 5 mins, return the chicken to the pan, add the noodles and the home made stir-fry sauce, cook for another 5 mins until the noodles are cooked.

Making the Stir-fry Sauce

In a small frying pan, add the ingredients and over a low heat, cook, stirring from time to time to blend, season with salt & pepper. Cook until it thickens then add to the stir-fry after the noodles,

Pete’s Harissa Chicken

Serves 2
Ingredients
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Medium Potato, chopped into quarters
1 Red Onion, chopped into quarters
1 Onion, chopped into quarters
1 Carrot, chopped into quarters
1 Parsnip, chopped into quarters
Broccoli
Harissa Paste

Method

Spray an oven-proof dish with Fry Light and fill with the chopped veg. Cook at 180c for 25-35 mins until cooked.

Place the broccoli into a small saucepan filled with salted water, cook for 5 mins after the chicken has had the Harissa added. Drain when cooked.

Place the chicken in an oven-proof dish and cook for 20 mins, remove from the oven and coat with the Harissa paste, return to the oven for a further 10 mins.

Pete’s Sloppy Joes

Serves 2
Ingredients
250g Low Fat Mince Beef
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic, finely chopped
250mL Passata
1 Pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp. Sweetener
1 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp. Apple Vinegar
1 Tsp mixed herbs
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Mustard
Wholemeal Baps 3.5Syn or 1xheb each

Method

In a heavy frying pan brown the mince in small batches by cooking at a high heat and allow to brown before disturbing, set aside.

Add fry Light to the pan and cook the onion, pepper & garlic for 5 mins or until transparent.

Return the mince to the pan and add the Passata, sweetener, Worcester sauce, mustard, vinegar, mixed herbs & Paprika. Mix well and allow to fully cook, adding seasoning to taste, serve in a toasted wholemeal Bap.

Attachments

• Tuna Couscous Salad (Large).JPG
    Tuna Couscous Salad (Large).JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Chicken Stir-Fry (Large).JPG
    Chicken Stir-Fry (Large).JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Chicken Harissa Sunday Lunch (Large).JPG
    Chicken Harissa Sunday Lunch (Large).JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Sloppy Joe's-2 (Large).JPG
    Sloppy Joe's-2 (Large).JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 211
Someone please help me, i cant eat anymore salads or im gonna crack up!!
I need some ideas for lunch at work.

Mainly red days im having issues with. There is only a microwave to cook with and toaster.

Ive had a look online but alot of the ideas come with salad!!
HELP!!! :D

Hi! Im on Extra Easy so this is all free for me but i get stuck for lunch ideas, what ive been doing is using fine dry egg noodles cooked with a couple of chicken stock cubes, garlic salt and peppers, plenty of veg and superfree's and just cover with boiling water and leave it to boil for 20mins or so then munch on that, it can be heated in micro for 2mins too.I dont know if that would be any good for you i think you can use it on a green day? Im still fairly new and learning lol. Plus it doesnt feel like its a same old salad its like chicken noodles!! :0) :)

Todays lunch is 3 x Pagen wholegrain Krisprolls (HExB) topped with Philly Light (HExA), smoked salmon and cucumber....

002-1.jpg

ooo look at you getting all posh with your cucumber :) I'm going to have to start cutting my tomatoes in funky zigzag shapes now to keep up!!

ooo look at you getting all posh with your cucumber :) I'm going to have to start cutting my tomatoes in funky zigzag shapes now to keep up!!

My Son would say that I am in the 70's with the twirly cucumber and star shaped tomatoes etc!:8855:

Todays lunch was 2 x white Nimble (HExA) topped with ham, tomatoe and Cathedral City Lighter (HExA).....

001-6.jpg

Some great ideas there Zenabob. Jacket pots are a great standby, with cottage cheese or beans. The mug shots are good to keep in your desk just in case.

The trick is planning, and making more than you need so you can take it for lunch the next day. Had quorn chilli & rice today at work, mmmm

Ooh ginlin yr food always looks lovely :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

How about making this at home first, then taking some to work to reheat in a microwave!

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients
425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “very lazy” garlic
1tsp “very Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
1Kg chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, with a lid on the pan, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken, cook for 20 mins or until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad if you like!.or mix the rice in with it before placing into a microwave container.

Attachments

• Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 181
Lunch today, was a wholemeal pitta (HExB) filled with ham, grated cheese (HExA), red onion and salad cream (2.5 syns)........

001-8.jpg

Back