Lunch Ideas

Could you nip out to a sandwich shop/deli on your lunch break? As it's so cold today I'm looking forward to a lovely hot jacket potato, cheese and beans with salad - all free as I'm counting the cheese as my HExB :)

If not, MugShots are really low in Syns and are quite filling. If you don't know what they are, they're a bit like cuppa soups, but contain noodles/pasta. They come in all sorts of gorgeous flavours, for example:

Spicy Tomato Free
Tomato & Herb Free
Sweet & Sour Free
Chicken Free
Tikka 1
Creamy Cheese 2.5

Also, some of the Weight Watchers ready meals are pretty low in Syns too. You could shove one of those in the microwave and hey presto! For example:

Ocean Pie 3.5
Chicken Curry with Rice 3.5
Cottage Pie 3.5
Macaroni Cheese 4
Sweet & Sour Chicken with Rice 4
Beef Hotpot 4.5
Spaghetti Bolognese 5
Beef Lasagne 5.5
Chicken in Tomato & Basil with Potato Wedges 5.5
Chicken Hotpot 6.5
Beef & Red Wine Casserole with Diced Potatoes 6.5
Chicken & Mushroom Risotto 6.5

Hope this helps xx

I completely forgot all about mugshots as iv not had them in so long, i going to buy a mugshot and add a mushroom and some onion :) thanks will remember ww meals for days like today!

I normally have a baked potato and beans/cheese if i do a green day so may change to green and have that as all iv had is toast and dairlea triangles today!!

Many thanks!!

Wholemeal roll (HExB) topped with Kerry Low Low mature cheddar spread (HExA), chopped spring onion and black pepper.....

001-11.jpg

Soups and pasta

Hi everyone

My girlfriend joined a group yesterday and I am trying to help by stocking up on suitable foods this afternoon.

Could anyone confirm a few "off the shelf" lunch ideas? Ideally pasta and noodle soups etc.

Thank you

J

Hi J
i started a few weeks ago so can tell you a few of the things i'd consider "storecupboard staples"...
Frylight
Stock cubes (esp if you're making your own soups)
As many herbs and spices as you can get! (i'm adding them to everything!)
Tinned tomatoes
Sweetner
Fat free salad dressings
Super noodles
Dried pasta/noodles

There are a few soups that can be eaten as a hexb (the quantities will be in her book):
Baxters chunky soups: country veg/lamb casserole/smoked bacon and 3 bean
Baxters healthy: autumn veg with mild spices/italian bean and pasta/puy lentil and tomato/tomato and brown lentil
Baxters vegetarian: carrott and butter bean/spicy parsnip/mediterranian tomato
Heinz chicken and barley broth
Covent Garden plum tomato and basl
Weight watchers country veg/hearty veg broth

Its also worht getting soem tupperware if you dont have any, i've found itreally helpful to do batch cooking and freeze half...

Anyway hope that helps, i'm sure she'll really appreciate your support.

Lou x

Thanks Lou.

I see that a lot of the mugshot pasta soups are free on extra easy. Does that mean she can have those as a snack, or is it superfree only for snacking?

Many thanks

J

You can have free food at any time so she could have them as a snack, superfree is better but when it's frezzing cold sometimes apples just don't cut it!!

So long as she's eating 1/3 superfree each day she should be fine!

:)

I'll just add Bachelors Pasta and Sauce and Savoury Rice to the equation for easy meals. Free (Green or EE) if you make it with water and not as directed with milk and butter. I use a dash of milk from my allowance. Jacket potaotes are also simple easy green and EE lunches.

While I'm here though, how thoughtful of you to do this for her. I'm sure she'll appreciate it. :)

The recipe posted by 'bilsat' (Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry)
sounds really good! Thanks for posting, I'm finding this site very helpful!

Lunch on the go

Hi, I'm a relative newbie (just started week 7) and I'm looking for ideas other than soup and chicken salad that I can take to work. I generally do EE or green days and have access to a microwave at work. Any ideas for a bit of variety would be good but preferably not mor than 20 mins prep as mornings are already very busy!! Thanks.:p

I had today: Ham sandwich (use 57g = 2 slices of wm bread with crusts cut off spread with 1 light cheese triange which was 1.5 syns and then lots of ham & salad) and a hard boiled egg.
filling and only 1 HEX B & 1.5 syns

Working Lunches

I was just wondering how others cope when working on the road.

I work as a gas and electric engineer and I'm out for eight hours a day on the road.

I have no refridgeration and often I'm miles away from home so I always seem to be eating the same basic things.

Has anyone got any nice ideas of simple things or something nice I can make the night before to take to work? Less syns the better! ;)

Nodge , I would but yourself a good flask or food flask, I make a veg soup on a Sunday for my lunches all week, you may want more than me, so make double. Butternut squash and roasted pepper from SW recipes is easy and lovely and filling. Tomato is easy. Or if you do extra easy and any and potatoes, parsnips etc. it's easy to grab and drink a cup whenever, and is surprisingly filling. And people who eat soups are supposed to lose more?

Or big pasta salad in a plastic lunch box.

I love cold roast veg the next day.

Cottage cheese salad.

Back