Lunch Ideas

HELP - Red Day

i always do green days but wanted to try a red today, but i'm totally stuck with lunch options, i have access to a microwave if that helps, i didnt really want to have salad as thats for tea! Ta

i just had a ham sandwich (heb) with extra light mayonnaise

other times i have tinned fish - sardines, pilchards etc on toast (heb)

or bacon YUM

I often do Omelettes as previously mentioned, or perhaps save your HeXB for sandwiches or stuffed pitta breads?

Maybe some home made soup with said roll (or without) with some fruit and a mullerlight or something?

There's a lunch ideas thread in the recipe section stickies

If you do a search for lunch there are something like 270 threads with ideas

I really struggle with red day lunches but now I tend to make a big chilli once in a while, separate it into Tupperware boxes + freeze. Then the night before I want it for lunch I take it out of the freezer + it's ready in the morning to go + you can just warm it up in the microwave at work. Yummy, filling + very convenient!

KellySW said:
I really struggle with red day lunches but now I tend to make a big chilli once in a while, separate it into Tupperware boxes + freeze. Then the night before I want it for lunch I take it out of the freezer + it's ready in the morning to go + you can just warm it up in the microwave at work. Yummy, filling + very convenient!

Butternut squash and roasted red pepper soup is lovely from SW online x

Lunch ideas and Syns...

I'm joining on weds but am shopping tomorrow for the week. Any lunch ideas that I can take to work with me (not a salad fan in this weather) an planning on using my HEXB on breakfast.

Also.... Asda do a can of chickpea Dahl which used to be free, does anyone k ow if this is still free? X

Asda's chickpea Dahl is still free! :)

Have you got access to a microwave? If so, heating up leftovers is definitely an option!

If not, maybe make a pasta/extra light mayonnaise type thing? or possibly a cous cous or rice dish. Also, mug shots are free and warming in this weather, though you'd need fruit or some veggies to give you your 1/3 plate superfree for extra easy.

I need lunch ideas too, mainly because I can't eat pasta or onions, limits things a bit. I often do the reheated chilli thing with a baked potato.

heyxtara said:
Asda's chickpea Dahl is still free! :)

Have you got access to a microwave? If so, heating up leftovers is definitely an option!

If not, maybe make a pasta/extra light mayonnaise type thing? or possibly a cous cous or rice dish. Also, mug shots are free and warming in this weather, though you'd need fruit or some veggies to give you your 1/3 plate superfree for extra easy.

Excellent news, thankyou! Do have access to a microwave, yes.. Am thinking about taking celery and carrot batons with Philly light mini tubs so could have that as well as some rice maybe? Does anyone know syns for uncle Benz express pouches? X

I am planning on making pasta with loads of veggies and sauce, cous cous with veggies and I've got some mug shots just in case. There's a sticky on here somewhere with loads of lunch ideas :)

I often take a jacket potato, cooked the night before and just warmed in the microwave, plus whatever topping I fancy - beans, tuna, kidney beans. Its quick, tasty and filling.

Back