Lunch Ideas

You could also make soup with loads of veg in it - use more superfree veggies like brocolli, carrots, tomatoes, leeks, celery, courgettes etc...just boil them up, add a stock cube - and you can either have chunky or smooth it up! Warms up really well. You could also have two small slices of wholemeal bread with them which would use up your HEb allowance (if you haven't used it for breakfast) or they are 3 syns a slice (for a small slice).

Other than that...leftovers are definitely a good one! I have leftover sunday dinner today which I will warm up in the mircowave and some fruit :)

Definitely soup in this weather! I make a huge pot on a Sunday for lunches during the week. I chop up lots of celery, leeks, carrots, onions, peppers, chilli's then add lentils, chopped tomatoes, a tin of mixed bean salad and chuck in two stock cubes (I like the ham ones for soup) and fill with water until all the veg is covered. I let it simmer for 2 hours until the veg is nice and soft and then blitz with a hand blender. It makes so much that I freeze half and store half in the fridge. Super free, super easy and super filling!

I don't always have access to a microwave depending on where I'm based (I move around a lot) so my best investment has definitely been a flask!!

x

I really need some lunch help...

Hi guys.

New slimmer.

I know theres a billion posts about lunches but they all usually involve microwaves or toasters.
I have an oven and a kettle...
I've been having a wholemeal sandwhich (HEX) with phili light (HEX) chicken and scallions, fruit salad and muller lights...
(this has been my lunch and dinner as I work from around 12-12)

I triedto make pasta but it was all stuck together by the time I got to eat it because I'm the worst chef in the world.

how do you make the pasta not all glue together!? I didn't give it time to cool...just poured cold water, drained and I had to run out the door...

any simple ideas?:( I went to buy mugshots today but they dont sell them here anymore as far as I can tell!.

How about meat & roasted veg?
Put the veg (your choice) in a oven tray sprayed with Fry light, cook for 10 mins then remove and add your meat (chicken breast/pork steak/steak) and cook for a further 20 mins, all done!
enjoy............
OnePanChickenRoastSmall.jpg

To cook pasta: use the largest pan you have, bring water to the boil add salt, tip your pasta in and boil for as long as the pkt says so if it says 7-9 minutes take a piece out at 7 minutes and try it, drain well, add your sauce now then leave to cool.

Food to be eaten cold will need slightly more seasoning.
Pasta is never good kept warm.

I had some smoked salmon today (syn free on red and ee) it was a nice change and I was suprised how filling it is.

I am going to have it with scrambled eggs tomorrow yum yum

*honey said:
Yeah ASDA chickpea dhal is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

You could make 'chunky soups' most soups dont have to be blitzed smooth.

Will have to look for this :)

I know the OP said for red days, but this is just some of the stuff I had for lunch last week (I am at home though, so easier I guess but lots can be done in microwave/night before)

Monday- Chicken and mushroom pasta in sauce (made with just water, no milk). Chopped onion, peppers, tomatoes and cucumber. Cook the PIS per instructions, microwave peppers and onions for 5 minutes, tomatoes and cucumber for further minute. Very filling, could mix some tuna/chicken/salmon in too.
Tuesday- Tuna and quark with Helmans FF vinergrette mixed in on a bed of rocket, tomatoes and cucumber.
Wednesday- Smoked salmon, quark and dill dip in a jacket potato with a corn on the cob.

I tend to cook huge meals at an evening, and eat leftovers for lunch. Why not do that? Why cant evening meals be lunch? As long as they are SW friendly, of course they can! If you don't fancy eating rabbit food, then don't!

A wholemeal rare beef and salad sandwich (HExB + 0.5 syns) and a naughty little packet of Walkers French Fries (5 syns).......

002-10.jpg

Packed Lunces

Hi :wave_cry:
I'm new here. I need some ideas on what to take as a packed lunch to work. My problem is we don't have a microwave so hot meals are a no no at work, I hate eggs, and not keen on soups, and I am fed up with salads, please give some ideas. :cry:

chicken pieces in a wrap

Today i had couscous which id added curry powder to and cooked sweet tata's i made it last night and ate it cold with salad very filling

When i took my lunch to work i used to take magic porridge, either roasted veg couscous or spicy tomato pasta and then some fruit...that gt me through the day quite well

What about mugshots? I love the Thai ones and they're only half a syn, if I'm feeling hungry I'll have 2. They're really nice and filling and all you need is a mug and a kettle :)

I know you are fed up of salads but I make my own coleslaw using really light mayo.....tastes naughty but without too many syns and helps with your super free food! Potato salad is good too.

i always try and cook big dinners on the weekends. then freeze the. Mainly cook, curries or soups but cook up a spag bol too. then before I got to bed every eve, take one of my tubs out of the freezer and make up a salad. and if im feeling bored with what i defrosted ill bring a baked potato. although wen I dont get to cook at weekends, it really does put pressure on me.

Back