Lunch Ideas

Wow the wholemeal rare beef and salad sandwich and french fries looks AMAZING!! pitty am in germany and i really dont know how id fine rare beef! :(

I literally live off Mugshots at the moment (however its getting slightly boring)
The spicy tomato and tomato and herb flavours are FREE as are the spicy noodles, which are my fave! I just tend to have one of them, some fruit and a muller light (free). Just about keeps me sane til I get home for tea!
I tend to overcook for dinner if its a pasta or rice dish and have that for lunch the next day as I love cold pasta and rice. I made the SW jambalaya and had that the next day AMAZING!

Have you tried the mugshots? there a tasty little snack and the sweet n sour & tomato & herb are free and made with just water or how about a cous cous salad i make mine with boiling water and a chicken oxo cube then add tomatoes cucumber onions beetroot etc to it takes 5 mins to make hope this helps x

Hi :wave_cry:
I'm new here. I need some ideas on what to take as a packed lunch to work. My problem is we don't have a microwave so hot meals are a no no at work, I hate eggs, and not keen on soups, and I am fed up with salads, please give some ideas. :cry:

Try Bacon Frittata - This makes 8 slices which does me and my boyfriend 2 lunches each.
Ingredients:-

Potatoes
Onions
Mushrooms
Pepper

Broccoli or courgette
Bacon
6 eggs
Mixed herbs
Salt & Pepper
90g low fat cheese
Tomatoes

Method:-

Boil potatoes and leave to cool
Once cooled slice and brown in a deep frying pan using spray oil
Put to one side
Fry bacon and drain off any fat.
Add onions, mushrooms & broccoli / courgette, peppers and fry

Add potatoes and mix all together.
Beat 6 eggs, add S&P and mixed herbs and pour over the above.
Cook on low/medium heat for approx 20 mins
Pop under a medium grill to seal the top
Add grated cheese and sliced tomato and pop under grill again for 5 mins.

Lovely hot or even nicer cold and very filling

Mmmm…………..enjoy. xx

I'm a student nurse and find it difficult to know what to take into placement for my break because I eat my healthy B for breakfast so I can't have bread at lunch and some wards don't have a microwave so I can't take leftovers. I'm also fed up of salads. I sometime just take some cold meat and fruit to snack on, but I feel empty with just fruit or salad. I suppose I just need to plan better, maybe use some sins for low fat wraps or something. I think lunch is the hardest thing to think of.

Get a food flask.
Heat stuff at home and it's still warm by lunch.
Soups, stews etc.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Was just coming on to say the same, I make chillis, stews on top of rice packed with superfree and my stanley food flask just lasts til lunch. Make pasta and sauce mixes for dinner, they are ideal cold. A huge batch of no fry KFC style chicken with potato salad/chives/spring onions in a low fat mayo for half a syn. I struggled with this and swapped my HexB to lunch some days and ate fruit and yogurt in the mornings. Then I could eat a pitta filled with good stuff.

Thanks guys - I think I just need to be more inventive, I get lazy and set in my ways. I've tried taking soup in a flask before and found it was only lukewarm when I came to eat it. I saw you mentioned a food flask, I'm just having a look at one now. It may be the answer :) I don't mind salad the odd day or cold meats or whatever but I just needed more ideas. Thanks so much :checkmark green:

Ok, trying to look at this quickly at work, not going to happen! No lunch with me today, can get to a small co-op which doesn't have mug shots, salad boxes or pasta n sauce. Not sure if they have wholemeal pitta, but looking for ideas, I have access to a microwave and toaster.

Thanks, sorry for being lazy!

Good idea's for lunch when at work.

Anyone have any good tips or yummy easy ideas for lunch when on the go? thankfully I have a microwave at work so I have pasta in sauce some days and chicken salad prepared the night before on others. I also love uncle bens risotto rice, even though its a couple of syns

I've just had a baked tattie with beans in the microwave and a dod of butter 5.5 syns for the butter. But I havent any syns planned for tonight or tomorrow so I allowed myself a little treat :)

jezzi, whats Dyno-Rod soup? I love the idea of having it with pasta too, hadnt thought of that x

lol, Jezzi, its exactly the same, thats what I make but I call it speedy :) Thanks for taking the time though.

Might try and come up with my own, I do make very good soup anyway but I want the "speedy" qualities just without the mixed beans and lentils, not a fan. Maybe I just need to throw in a shed load of the SS veg and hope for the best :)

I used to bake a number of Jacket Potatoes and then just take them into work on days when i fancied them!

Cous Cous with Prawns or Chicken and Mango with salad yummy!

Cold Rice Salad (peppers, green beans, kidney beans or chickpeas, tomatoes, spring onions sweetcorn etc etc) with cold salmon, chicken, shredded pork and bbq sauce

Leftovers, ie bolognese, chilli, stew

Baked filled potato skins and re-heat them in microwave (cheese and bacon, feta and peppers)

Spicy Sweet potato wedges with salad, or normal wedges or spicy roasted new pots, cold with cold meats and pickles

SW Quiche and Bakes Beans

Homemade Scotch Eggs sw style

think I will jezzie, I also dont want too heavy a soup when we get into the summer! What sodding summer.

Eaten, I like the idea of potato skins, good idea, I might rustle some of them up tonight (if I can be bothered lol)
x

Back