Lunch Ideas

think I will jezzie, I also dont want too heavy a soup when we get into the summer! What sodding summer.

Eaten, I like the idea of potato skins, good idea, I might rustle some of them up tonight (if I can be bothered lol)
x

It's the being bothered part isnt it ha ha! x

It is! I should be ok tonight, going to make some crispy chicken and salad and cous cous so I can throw them in the oven with the chicken :) x

Potato skins sound gorgeous! Definitely going to be trying those this week! I'm going to try SuperSpeed soup for the first time too!

I quite often have:
- Thai Mug Shot (1/2 a syn) with spinach stirred through and a few carrot sticks on the side
- Rice salad (with onions, mushrooms, peppers, peas and sweetcorn) and a splash of Lea & Perrins stirred through as it's heating through
- Crisp breads (HEXB or syn depending on brand) with HEXA low fat philly and tomatoes/cucumber/carrot/pepper sticks and wafer thin chicken

I take SW quiche and some tomatoes and carrot sticks. If I'm feeling really lazy I take some Ryvitta, some mini babybel lights and a load of tomatoes and cucumber

Maybe someone has suggested this, but if I have no leftovers to take to work (like today, after a phenomenal potato bake recipe fail!), I will make myself a quick stir fry with the micro in work - sweet chili supernoodles and a bag of microwave steamed veg - and it's in-keeping with the 1/3 superfree food! That's the bit I've been finding most difficult as a SW Newbie.

Last edited:
Just new to this site today and there are some great recipes for lunches. I'm starting college at the end of the month and there are some great ideas for food to take as I will have no access to microwaves so will be eating cold food or taking flasks :)

Lunches for university.

Hi everyone,

I'll be returning to university this September and I’m really worried about lunches silly I know but the canteen doesn’t have allot available to us SW'ers I can’t stomach one more stodgy micro waved potato or soggy salad and the rest I can assure you is not sw friendly even the shops outside of campus aren’t very delightful.

So I’m after some really filling lunches (that will keep) that I can take from home, can anyone help.

Many thanks.

Azel.

p.s. I've tried rice salads, noodle salads and pasta salads but they all kind of go a bit gooey can anyone advice me where I’m going wrong.

I would invest in a thermos flask, and then each day you can fill it with soup, casserole, chilli, stews, spag bol, anything you fancy.

OH and I did this last autumn winter and it was cheap and easy. We made extra of our evening meals and then either used them the next day or froze them and picked a different random one out o the freezer for a bit of variety.

Just make sure that you run boiling water from the kettle into the flask to preheat it, then heat the food and pour it in. Then it should easily stay hot til lunch.

Fab idea re the flask. I work at a university and know exactly what the OP is saying re available food.

Lunch ideas - that don't use bread

Hi

I will be starting my Slimming World campaign next weekend - just getting rid of a few things from the freezer!

I am an office worker so need to prepare my lunch everyday but as bread has a syn value - I don't have many ideas for lunches.

We do have access to a microwave in the office so am looking forward to making winter soups etc.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can SWders post their lunch ideas, many thanks in advance

Maddie the newby

I have either a jacket potato, salad and chicken, or a stir fry made with various veggies and chicken with soy sauce. I do mainly red days though so on EE I will have rice with that stir fry too! My lunches really are the same every day though!

Sorry if this sounds really obvious, but do you realise you can have certain types of bread as a healthy extra? But yeah, there are lots of threads already devoted to lunch ideas - you should go and have a look through them to get some good ideas :)

Mug shots, beautiful salads, leftovers, sw fry up if at home, homemade soups and crispbreads. You really can have what you want!

I like couscous, chopped peppers, cherry toms and chunks of cucumber with chopped leftover chicken.

4 x ryvitas (HEB) topped with laughing cow cheese (HEA) and tomatoes with salt and black pepper yum.

If you look at slimming world on facebook posters are putting on their favourite Ryvita toppings (more ideas!)

For my lunch tomorrow I've made up some pasta with tuna and sweetcorn and I melted some low low cheese and mixed it in. I will follow with a fruit salad as I do extra easy :) x

New starter needing Lunch Ideas for working in an office

Hello everyone,

I know this has more than likely been answered a gazillion times already, but I am REALLY struggling to use this forum and search for things. I think I need to actually sit down with it and dedicate sometime to figuring it out, but at the moment I am trying to get my head around this whole SW thing.

I was/am a WW girl. I loset over 2 and a half stone on the old plan. Then they went and changed it and I cant make it work for me, so I am trying SW. I love the fact there are things I can eat on this for free which would be silly points on WW.

Anyway, I work part time in an office and we dont have access to a microwave. I am also bound to my desk as I am not able to have a lunch as I dont work enough hours. I am slightly worried about what I can eat for lunch which wont be messy, and I wont need to heat up. I am using my Healthy A and B in the mornings for Milk (and tea) and weetabix, so it means no sandwiches.

Please can you lend me a hand. I am taking chicken, pasta and baked beans all mixed in today, but a variety would be nice.

Thanks for reading.
Amy
xxx :eek:

Back