Lunch Ideas

One of my favourites is to make plain cous cous up and roast some vegetables (I usually do onions, mushrooms and peppers) and mix it together. I usually add a bit of garlic or 1 tbspn of sweet chilli dipping sauce to give it some flavour. I have also added chicken in the past.

Today I have got pasta with tuna and sweetcorn with some low low cheese mixed in, rather than mayonaise. I warmed my low low cheese before I poured it over.

Also could you make some soups up and take them in a flask?!?

Hope some of these help as I do have a lot of warm food as we have a microwave where I work so those are the only ones coming in to my head at the moment :)

Mug shot soups are Free :) great for a grab and go thing. salads are great to take in a lunch box too.

Savoury rice with some salad?
Pasta with tuna,sweetcorn,peas,toms,cucumber etc
A few cold potatoes with some ham & salad.
Sw quiche,sw scotch eggs?

I also like couscous for lunch you can add any veggies to it. I bought myself a thermos type container recently from Aldi, so I can make pasta & put lots of veggies in, or soups. Food flasks are a brilliant idea, there is so much you can put in them, it doesn't need to be soups, you could make a spag bol, chilli, lots of things.

Sometimes I prepare my veggies in the morning & take a mugshot, then make it up at lunch time & just add my veggies.

Have you found the food diaries section, take a look at those for lunch ideas I'm sure you'll find something which will fit in with work.;)

If you forget then you can put dried pasta into a thermos with boiling water in the morning and it should be "cooked" by lunch time.. Great if you have frozen portions of syn free sauce to go with them that you can microwave at work..
Should also work with a "pasta n sauce", and possibly rice but I'm not certain of that one.

I like a wholemeal pitta stuffed with chicken and salad. Seems to be more filing than a sandwhich

Sunday Dinner-2 (Small).JPG

Chicken wrapped in bacon, roasted veg, red cabbage & gravy! Lovely Sunday Lunch.......

How about cous cous with roasted veg? That is one of my favourites. I cook the veg in the oven with frylight and lots of seasoning then mix it with cous cous for work

Pea and ham soup!

Bring ham stock up to the boil. Add split peas and simmer for 1 hour. Soften onion, carrot, parsnip and celery with fry light in the microwave for 4 minutes. Add to the stock and peas when its time, bring to the boil again and then simmer for another half hour. Liquidize it. Done- yummy!

Creamy roasted veg and pasta

Spray a roasting dish with frylight. Chunky chop up aubergine, courgettes, peppers and mushrooms, season with pepper and italian herbs. Then roast for 20-30mins.
Boil pasta.
Mix pasta and roast veg and separate into tupperware tubs. I usually do enough for two portions for the week ahead. When I get to work I heat in the microwave and then add 35g of light philadelphia (half my HeA) but there's nothing stopping you eating it cold.

Yum!

Creamy roasted veg and pasta

Spray a roasting dish with frylight. Chunky chop up aubergine, courgettes, peppers and mushrooms, season with pepper and italian herbs. Then roast for 20-30mins.
Boil pasta.
Mix pasta and roast veg and separate into tupperware tubs. I usually do enough for two portions for the week ahead. When I get to work I heat in the microwave and then add 35g of light philadelphia (half my HeA) but there's nothing stopping you eating it cold.

Yum!

This is such a good idea! Will make a change from soup! :)

Cold office lunches

Hiya all. Wondering if you have any suggestions. Getting so bored of lunch at work. Has to be cold or warm, but in a flask due to limited facilities. I made yummy soups and tuna salads but kept getting moaned at because they were smelly!! We eat by the desk! Have browsed what's for lunch thread but thought maybe some of you could help... :)

Need some Lunch ideas for college

So, I'm following the Extra Easy plan, and really enjoying it. But I'm currently enrolled on a Prince's Trust course at my local college and could do with some lunch ideas. I believe in our room, we have access to a microwave, but I'm going to clear that up on Monday.

Normally I'll have:

A sandwich (syn the bread)
2 Alpen Light bars
An apple

And a drink.

I am getting bored of this, but don't have an awful lot of time to make lunch in the mornings. Can anyone help with some ideas? Preferably ones that won't stink out our team room or my breath haha :)

Maybe make double dinner in the evening, put extra in a tuber ware box and warm it up for lunch next day, you could have salad by preparing it the night before, mugshots, jacket potato (if the microwave is available) I would definitely go with things you could prepare the night before then you wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning.

Back