Lunch Ideas

I agree with shenzi make lunch the night before and pack it. Personally I like chicken salads. I boil or roast a chicken once a week then I have meat for the salad all week which I make up night by night so the veg don't wilt. Just peppers, greens, tomato, cucumber, celery and whatever vinegar I'm in the mood for. Occasionally will throw chunks of boiled potato or sweet corn. Some other dressing ideas are lemon juice and cumin yoghurt mixed with dried mint, paprika and lemon juice (or yoghurt and coriander).

I also like to make an indian inspired potato salad (actually a samosa stuffing recipe but what the hey its all good. Boil potatoes till just soft but still chewy, remove from water allow to cool. Then cut into cubes. In a wok or big frying pan spray fry light add curry powder, garam masala, chili to taste and mustard seeds. Throw in the potatoes add frozen peas and carrots and cauliflower florets. Stir fry till peas are edible. I let it cool in fridge and eat with leafy greens and yoghurt.

You could als get a flask and make soup to take in.

Ooops, sorry Starlight, still getting used to this forum haha :) Thanks for adding my query to the right thread :)

Also thank you to those with suggestions. I'm going to get some Mug Shots tomorrow, and also some of the syn free Muller Light yoghurts, for something a bit different.

Help my 'away from home' man please!!!

Wondering if anyone can help with some suggestions. My partner is trying to do SW along with me but his downfall is lunch time. He is a driving instructor who leaves home at 8.30 every morning and isn't back until nearly 9 o'clock each night. He also usually only has thirty minutes break during the day. Crazy, I know!! For breakfast he normally has a Healthy Extra bowl of cereal and he has the same as me for his evening meal, SW style, so that's fine. His problem is lunch times where, even if he swapped his cereal for bread and made a sandwich, two little rounds of bread wouldn't be very filling. He has his lunch in his car unless he's in the centre of a town (he works nowhere near our house, so can't come back for lunch) and can pop into a café where he chooses a baked potato with beans. We are really stuck for filling ideas he could eat in his car and, preferably, not salad, as it isn't that filling when he's working such long hours, so please, all you imaginative folk out there, HELP!!!!! :wave_cry:

I'd be tempted to invest in a cool box, some tupperware and a wide neck flask. You could pack him up with soups and stews - should stay warm until lunch. Otherwise, I'd be looking at pasta/rice dishes with veg in. i.e. cooked pasta with philly, red peppers, mushrooms, spring onion, or what ever he likes in it. Or vegetable rice cooked the night before, you could add extra veg (mixed veg) with slices of cooked meat. Yogurt and fruit - could all be stored in a cool box and if times allows could mean a quick snack mid afternoon?? As for salad, salad is filling - it's not when it's all leaves but make your own bulk it out with pasta, egg or meat and it will keep you going. You need the free/superfree inbetween to keep him going. That's just a suggestion and I'm sure one of many. I really do hope that will help you. :) Good luck.

I'd be tempted to invest in a cool box, some tupperware and a wide neck flask. You could pack him up with soups and stews - should stay warm until lunch. Otherwise, I'd be looking at pasta/rice dishes with veg in. i.e. cooked pasta with philly, red peppers, mushrooms, spring onion, or what ever he likes in it. Or vegetable rice cooked the night before, you could add extra veg (mixed veg) with slices of cooked meat. Yogurt and fruit - could all be stored in a cool box and if times allows could mean a quick snack mid afternoon?? As for salad, salad is filling - it's not when it's all leaves but make your own bulk it out with pasta, egg or meat and it will keep you going. You need the free/superfree inbetween to keep him going. That's just a suggestion and I'm sure one of many. I really do hope that will help you. :) Good luck.

Thanks so much, Jeanne. Sorry, only just seen your reply. Couldn't even remember where I'd posted my query to be honest! Some great ideas to keep him going. Thanks - will show him your reply. x

I buy quite a lot of turkey breast and cook'it and freeze it in portions. Then, i make a big pasta salad and add the turkey. It's filling and easy picnic food.

Lunch help

Hi,
on my 4th week of SW now done really well so far but am getting a bit bored of salad and jacket potatoes for lunch, does anyone have any ideas of a super quick yummy lunch. I really only have half an hour for lunch so not a lot of time! If its not salads its usually microwave stuff from the night before.

Just don't want to get to bored and go off track xx

Hi,
on my 4th week of SW now done really well so far but am getting a bit bored of salad and jacket potatoes for lunch, does anyone have any ideas of a super quick yummy lunch. I really only have half an hour for lunch so not a lot of time! If its not salads its usually microwave stuff from the night before.

Just don't want to get to bored and go off track xx

Pasta cold or hot sometimes i use my hex B to have a sandwich with loads of fillings with fruit and a yog

There's a fab new book out in the shop in group called 'the little book of lunches' there's some really nice ideas in there.

Lunch for school

My 15 year old daughter wanted to give sw a go with me. She has done great today. But I'm wondering what to give her for school next week. She normally has a wrap with meat. But can't give her wraps now. She needs something that can be eaten with out fuss, quickly.
Does anyone have any ideas please

Re: Lunch for school

Thing is her and her friends walk round and don't go and sit down as there is never enough room and its noisy. So need something she can whip out her bag and have a quick munch on.!
Thanks though

Also if she is having weetabix before school she has already had one of her HE xx

Could she change breakfast or syn a whole meal pitta/ wrap which ever is lowest filled with tuna or lots of cold meat would be easy and veg sticks rather then crisps?

This thread is fantastic got some really good ideas now :) !! I am going to buy the new sw lunches book so hopefully that should help too :D back on track :') xx

Back