Lunch Ideas

Well I have sent her with nimble bread and ham sandwich, told her see how she gets on with it. Packed her up plenty of fruit and yog.

Lunchbox ideas for teenager

My almost 16 year old is starting SW on Monday and we are trying to come up with some lunchbox ideas for school. So far we have pasta salad, rice salad, fruit/veggies, various salads, HEB sandwiches, quiche..

Is there anything else you can think of that won't make her feel too left out when eating with her friends?

I have to add.. this is her choice. I don't really agree with kids 'dieting' but SW is such a healthy plan that I can't refuse the help she has asked me for.

Thanks in advance X

Don't think they would be much difference between what a teenager and adult would eat? Try the what's for lunch thread, there's thousands of ideas in there x

My almost 16 year old is starting SW on Monday and we are trying to come up with some lunchbox ideas for school. So far we have pasta salad, rice salad, fruit/veggies, various salads, HEB sandwiches, quiche..

Is there anything else you can think of that won't make her feel too left out when eating with her friends?

I have to add.. this is her choice. I don't really agree with kids 'dieting' but SW is such a healthy plan that I can't refuse the help she has asked me for.

Thanks in advance X

Hi

She could always have sw quiche, Tuna pasta, sandwiches, carrot sticks, Cous Cous, These are the things I take to work with me. Does it have to be cold or will the school heat the food up? If they do soup, cassaroles, beans and sausage hotpot. Oooh making myself hungry now :)

Bless her for asking you that must have been hard, at least she is being sensible with it and so many kids that age succumb to pear pressure to be thin. Proud mummy moment for you xxx

Thanks both :)

She doesn't have access to a microwave or anything, unfortunately. And yes, I'm super proud of her for being so mature :) xx

Scarlett, she'll eat the same as me, yep, so no idea why I've specified. Mostly because I'm concerned about it being 'obviously diet food' which might cause her to feel embarrassed. I just want her lunchbox to look like any other healthy, delicious lunch. I dunno...lol

Thanks both :)

She doesn't have access to a microwave or anything, unfortunately. And yes, I'm super proud of her for being so mature :) xx

Scarlett, she'll eat the same as me, yep, so no idea why I've specified. Mostly because I'm concerned about it being 'obviously diet food' which might cause her to feel embarrassed. I just want her lunchbox to look like any other healthy, delicious lunch. I dunno...lol

What about cheese(a), wm bread(b) salad sandwich, packet of wotsits(5), danio yoghurt strWberry(1), fruit bag

Then mix it up tuna sandwich, ham salad sandwich, turkey. Wm breadcakes, ryvita a on the odd day.

Yoghurts are great mullet lights, Greek style mullet lights, even some days a chocolate mousse to get the kids off the scent if they have one.

Low cal crisps, skips, wotsits, space raiders.

Looks like a normal lunch pack, then for breakfast and tea stick to the healthier more veg, fruit when she doesn't have to feel embarrassed.

These are things that I had at school not on the plan, so I wouldn't have noticed if it was part of a diet xx

home made scotch eggs are good, I love them and have them in my lunch box for work and are only 2 syns each, recipe is on SW website

Spaghetti with ham and lemon juice has been my saviour this week! Its gorgeous and so much better than thicky creamy cheesy sauces i have been eating previously!!

Hannah xx

Hi

I am new to this forum and just wanted to say Hi. I have been on the SW diet for just over 2 weeks, going OK so far, but looking for suggestions for lunch. I usually do EE or Green days. Thanks, Kath

Hi and welcome! I am in my second week too!
For lunch I usually have something like soup or a jacket potato and salad with beans or tuna. Or sometimes I branch out and make a really simple stir fry with lots of vegetables! X

Hi and welcome. You'll find lots of brilliant suggestions for all your meals on here so you'll never be bored or stuck for choice. There is a thread specifically for lunch ideas too so that should help you out. Good luck. :)

I'm on Extra Easy. In the last 2 weeks I've been making a big batch of lentil curry (lots of peppers, tomato, onion, spices etc) and rice on a Sunday and bring portions to work throughout the week to heat up in the microwave. It's tasty, cheap and easy to prepare :)

I made double portions of the peking lamb with asparagus from taste of asia book and brought it in work to heat up, same with the prawn and mango curry.

Back