Lunch Ideas

This week I will be taking overnight oats for lunch... so filling!

I often take the following
Fruit salad
Ryvita & laughing cow
Pasta
Leftover dinner

I tend to stick to salads while its so hot.

Help dinner time ideas

:):) Hi please can anyone help with dinners must be able to eat cold or reheat if possible running out of ideas thanks x

Travelling lunch ideas needed!! :-/

Hi!
I'm after some ideas as this has in the past been my major downfall on sw. I restart tomorrow so need some ideas.
I am a sales rep (ironically in the field of nutrition, but animal nutrition) so I am on the road all day. In my car. I have no access to facilities like microwaves etc and I usually don't actually stop to eat. So basically I need ideas for lunches that only need one hand to eat and don't require a spoon..... I have all the normal things, celery, cucumber, fruit etc that's easy to eat, but I need some inspiration. The problem is I often stop for petrol and the chocolate looks at me. Not only that but I buy lunch (including doughnuts) almost every day for my customers, so temptation is with me all day!! HELP!!! :) thank you!! X

Hi!
I'm after some ideas as this has in the past been my major downfall on sw. I restart tomorrow so need some ideas.
I am a sales rep (ironically in the field of nutrition, but animal nutrition) so I am on the road all day. In my car. I have no access to facilities like microwaves etc and I usually don't actually stop to eat. So basically I need ideas for lunches that only need one hand to eat and don't require a spoon..... I have all the normal things, celery, cucumber, fruit etc that's easy to eat, but I need some inspiration. The problem is I often stop for petrol and the chocolate looks at me. Not only that but I buy lunch (including doughnuts) almost every day for my customers, so temptation is with me all day!! HELP!!! :) thank you!! X

I really would suggest you stop for lunch every day. Even if it was just 20 minutes to have a proper break and give your eyes and body a rest? Technically you could be stopped by the Police and fined for eating and driving Drinking and Eating While Driving

That way you could take soup in a flask or prepare no end of meals and put them in a Tupperware box and keep it in a cool bag/box in your car. If you are buying lunch for customers I assume you eat at the same time as them? I would buy them the doughnuts and stuff and buy the health options for yourself.

That way you could take soup in a flask or prepare no end of meals and put them in a Tupperware box and keep it in a cool bag/box in your car. If you are buying lunch for customers I assume you eat at the same time as them? I would buy them the doughnuts and stuff and buy the health options for yourself.

I was going to suggest a soup flask, they have quite wide openings & you can put anything warm in them. I think you can buy a fridge for your car, or something like that, it plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Or you make up a potato/pasta/couscous salad, I'd also recommend stopping to eat, eating on the go isn't good for you, you'll eat far more just grazing.

Any teachers out there?

I'm starting back tomorrow and I work at a very high-pressure academy! I am at work from 6.30am until around 5pm every day. I always have fruit for breakfast and my lovely hubby cooks SW friendly for when I get home! My problem is that I am so busy during the day that I don't really get time to eat! I know that this has previously impacted my weight loss - does anyone have any ideas for food that's easy to grab?!

Hi I'm a teacher too, also dreading trying to slim whilst at work!

im a big fan of the alpen light bars when rushing around - 2 are a healthy extra b. ryvitas and laughing cow triangles?

also mullerlights are a good quick option.

Hope the start of term goes well!

Hi !! !! I'm a recently made redundant primary teacher after two years in my school , but I know what you mean ! .
I always try to have a good cereal or porridge to keep me going till first break , then an alpen or fruit for break. Always try to to have some pasta/rice sallad or at least a mugshot for lunch. Veggie snacks like carrots are good too. You can always eat fruit or yogurt too on the go. Plenty of water too. Then more fruit / alpen bar to tie me over til I'm home. Always try have a pan of free soup or boiled egg handy to have while I wait for eve meal . If yor prepared then you won't fail .
Hope this helps! X

I'd be lost without my crustless quiches - I make a huge one on a Sunday, it makes eight big portions and lasts four or five days in the fridge. Easy to transport in a tupperware box too. I mix together ten beaten eggs, 500g fat free cottage cheese, 400g chopped mushrooms and 200g chopped onions (both pre-fried in frylight, drained well and cooled a bit), 400g cooked chopped-up chicken breast and 200g lean chopped-up smoked ham. I put the mixture into a frylight-sprayed Pyrex dish and top it with tomato slices. Cook at 75C for about five or six hours. Yum! Free food on red or EE days...

I'd be lost without my crustless quiches - I make a huge one on a Sunday, it makes eight big portions and lasts four or five days in the fridge. Easy to transport in a tupperware box too. I mix together ten beaten eggs, 500g fat free cottage cheese, 400g chopped mushrooms and 200g chopped onions (both pre-fried in frylight, drained well and cooled a bit), 400g cooked chopped-up chicken breast and 200g lean chopped-up smoked ham. I put the mixture into a frylight-sprayed Pyrex dish and top it with tomato slices. Cook at 75C for about five or six hours. Yum! Free food on red or EE days...

Think I mite try this. Always wary tho of keeping things in fridge 4 2 long. I would probably freeze it jst 2 b sure!!! :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I tried the new Princes Lemon Salmon (skinless & boneless) for Lunch the other day! i had it with salad and cottage cheese - very tasty! Its also currently half price in tesco!

Lunch ideas extra easy

HI
i have started Extra easy today and have convinced hubby to do it too but he can only take cold foods to work for lunch
any ideas? Thanks :)

Sounds yummy I will try that this week i have made up some savoury rice and cooked a chicken to mix with it for tomorrow but added sweet corn (tinned) this was going to be the super free part till I found out it wasn't so if I have melon after it will this count as the s free?
thanks

For the chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 10cm/4in piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, picked
For the dressing
- 1½ limes, juice only
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
For the salad
- 250g/9oz fine rice noodles
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 tbsp chopped basil leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Method
1. Place the chicken into a bowl. Place the rest of the ingredients for the chicken into a pestle and mortar or food processor and blend to a fine purée. Pour over the chicken and mix well to coat then set aside in the fridge for at least one hour.
2. Place a large steamer over a large pan of water, place one layer of chicken pieces into the steamer, cover and steam for 5-6 minutes until just cooked through.
3. Remove the chicken from the steamer, set aside then repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
4. For the dressing, place all the ingredients into a pestle and mortar or food processor and blend until well combined. Set aside.
5. For the salad, pour boiling water over the noodles and leave to soak for five minutes. Drain, then toss the noodles with two-thirds of the dressing and leave to infuse for 5-10 minutes.
6. Add the remaining salad ingredients and mix well to combine.
7. To serve, add the chicken to the salad and toss well to combine. Finish with a drizzle of the remaining dressing.

Suggestions for packed lunches etc...please

Hi
Does anyone have some suggestions on what I could take to work to have during the day to keep me going?
I start work @ 6.15 am (generally don't get up til half hour before, as work is only 2 mins in car!)
I finish work anywhere between 6-7.30 pm:sigh: (mon- fri)

Don't have time for breakfast before I leave or just don't want anything then apart from coffee!

When I get home more often than not I don't have much or it just feels to late to cook.

My job is a HGV Delivery driver, and generally only have just a 45 mins break during the day (lunchtime), could possibly stop here and there for 10 -15 mins or so if not too busy but as late work has been busy and constant!

My main downfall has been stopping by shops and burger vans etc, and buying junk food or chocolate/sweets etc, and sometimes just munching on the go!
I'm doing SW again as its what i did to lose the 5st i lost about 5yrs back that has found me again! :)
(was going to rejoin tonight but finished work too late :(, so may have to do it from home as such.

What i really need is some good ideas on lunches and snacks to take so i'm not tempted to stop and buy rubbish!

Ideas please ??? :)

Suggestions for packed lunches etc...please

How about some rice make a bit pop full and add lots of super free veg with some soy sauce really good as very filling so you can have a bit as and when hunger strikes, I usually take rice and I can never eat it all. I also do a fruit salad aswell loads of fruit and take a muller light. Generally keeps me full. Use your HEB for cereal bars as you could have these and a banana for breakfast which will stop the early on munches. Another good thing is SW wedges I make a batch and then eat them cold the next day delish and feels like a real treat! :) x

Back