Lunch Ideas

How about boiled eggs? The ultimate convenience food, very SW friendly and very filling. Do you have a small insulated lunch pack? One you could chuck a few eggs and some fruit and cereal bars in the day before? Mug shots do their on the go range too so it comes in a little plastic cup - flask of water to add the hot water and bingo

Its a long day you have so take things you can fill up on relatively easily. I always find apples are good because of their high fibre count. Personally I don't eat bananas (shudder) but things like grapes and smaller fruit that don't need peeling
And can be popped in your mouth as you go.

Try batch cooking freezeable foods when you have days off and then when you get home you can just throw something pre made in the oven. There are loads of recipes on here for ideas for dinners and lunches :)

Oh as mentioned a few posts earlier, now the colder weather is coming how about making something to keep in a food flask, you can pick these up at Wilkinsons ;)

Hi, that's a good idea, sometimes there's only SO much chilled food you can eat before wanting something hot:)
I bought a food flask a while ago and did put some soup in , but it didn't seem to be hot still by lunch?...
Anyone know of a good food flask that will still leave food hot after about 6 hours of making?

I made a delicious SYN FREE vegetable curry and had it for lunch 3 days this week and was so yummy!!

fry onions, red chillis, garlic and fresh ginger in fry light
add carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and a tin of mixed peas and sweetcorn
add a teaspoon of hot chilli powder, gram masala, cumin powder and medium curry powder
stir repetaedly to add all the flavours
then add a tin of chopped tomatoes and a teaspoon of tomatoe puree
add a stock cube (i used chicken) and some boiling water
leave to cook, stirring occasionally for about an hour or so (i find the longer the better the flavour)
once finished stir in a tablespoon of fat free fromage frais

i heat up in the micowave at work and add a big tablepoon of 0% fat greek yogurt and is sooooo yummy! Enjoy! xx

i forgot i also add spinach near the end of cooking time!!!

Is this all fresh veg? Sounds yummy :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

So glad I found this thread, it's lunchtime that I really struggle. Going out to get the ingredients for SW quiche later. Any guess how long this will keep in the fridge! :)

can anyone help. .??

can anyone give me some lunch ideas please ? im limited at work to what I can take I.e I have no microwave or oven. what I take I eat and that's that. .....

any help would be appreciated. Thanks xx

How about a potato, pasta or rice salad, with lots of superfree veg in it and some tuna, chicken or ham?

yea thanks that sounds nice. I think cos it's winter Im avoiding salads but wouldn't hurt to have it still x

Yeah, I know what you mean about winter and salads. Cos you can't heat things up that really makes it more difficult. Sometimes I have a ham or tuna salad sandwich with my HEb bread, spread with extra light mayo, a bag of Aldi cheese curls and an apple.

I do like a sandwich now and again haha

The one thing I really miss is bread!!

I'm a big fan of salads.

Usually I have, lettuce, Grapes, chillies, cucumber, peppers, sliced Carrots, boiled eggs and then a small amount of salad cream as well I tend to make it 24 hours before as it gives the chillies a chance to weakly give it a kick. Also try adding some pretty packed chicken. I Know they have syns but I do believe it makes it taste nicer, especially at the end of a long week

Just reading Georgie89 comments in the slimming world free foods book there is a great vegetable balti recipe which is really tasty as well

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Help!!!!...i need lunch ideas!

Hi everyone, im new to slimming world, i have been looking through the posts for lunch ideas but none of them are what im looking for. I have a new job and will be working form 7am till 6pm without a lunch break, with no use of any kitchen equipement so i need lunch ideas to help me, it needs to be something quick and easy that i can eat cold?
I eat mainly anything, but am struggling to find something cold and appealing that i can just eat quickliy and easily, i didnt really want a sandwhich as i didnt want to use my syns but am thinking thats the only thing i can have? please help , thanku so much xxx

I'm in a similar position to you work wise ... no lunch break, no opportunity to leave the building and no cooking facilities apart from the kettle provided. I could I suppose use the kettle to make Mug Shots or similar but I can't stand them lol.

I take a salad each day (prepared the night before) ... leaves (I vary them ... watercress, rocket, baby spinach, lettuce etc), cherry tomatoes, cucumber, grated raw beetroot, spring/pickled onions, celery, chopped raw pepper.

I make a yummy dressing from 1 tub of fat free yoghurt and a tablespoon of either Asda Red Thai Curry Paste or Asda Kashmir Curry Paste (1 syn per tablespoon and it lasts me 5 working days) ... then I add one of the following: small tin pilchards in tomato sauce, tin tuna, cooked chicken, ham, hard boiled eggs, cod in parsley sauce (4 syns but particularly nice with watercress).

It's easy, filling and a little bit different every day.

Alternatively you could always invest in a wide necked food flask and take in hot soups or even heated leftovers from one pot meals (chilli/diet coke chicken/bolognaise/ratatouille etc).

Hope that helps xx

I have a new job and will be working form 7am till 6pm without a lunch break

What job is it?!

Boiled eggs
Ham and quark rolls
garlic and chive quark with veg sticks
Cold pasta with sauce

Cold tomato pasta dishes are lovely. You could use a Hex and have a stuffed pitta pocket (plus it's fun to say!), some low syn crisps are good when you're on the go (I think Velvet Crunch, Weight Watchers own, Quavers and WotSits are quite low) do you have no cooking facilities at all? No microwave or kettle?. Cold fishcakes you could make the night before, different salad ideas are great, a big fruit salad with FF yoghurt. What kind of job it is? :)

Back