Lunch Ideas

Thankyou everyone,im new to posting too, so this is my first ever post! im a carer so i go to peoples houses and care for them, no cooking facilities at all, may on the odd opportunity be able to use there equipment but very doubtful, just finding it really hard to find something that i fancy eating!

salads r a great idea but i just find it hard as i sometimes will have to eat and work and there something that u really have to sit down and eat, i may just have to stick to sandwiches as they can be picked up and put down easily, maybe ill just look for some finger food ideas? it seems so hard to find a lunch option that is going to suit me? :help2: feel like giving u! naughty food is just so much easier to have than healthy stuff!

Thankyou for all your ideas xxxx

What kind of foods do you like? There's a buffet section somewhere, which I know you're not doing but you might some nice finger food ideas.

quiches and chickpea dahl loaf are great finger foods
for quiche mix 4 eggs with 200g cottage cheese and pour over a mixture of veggies in a sort of lasagne dish. I used red peppers, courgette, sweetcorn, onion, mushrooms. Cook until browned. Cut into wedges.

Chickpea dahl loaf I ate slices of at work today:-
One packet of batchelors mild curry rice made up, tin of chickpeas (or chickpea dahl) and 3-4 eggs. Mix together. Lasagne dish. Oven 40 mins. Cut into slabs. DELISH.

you could cut up a bunch of stuff to pick at when you got chance:-
ie, quorn sausages, hard boiled egg halves, crabsticks (not suggesting that these things go together!). Just things that you can pop into your mouth and move on! lol. Grapes? You can buy yogurts that you drink can't you (I would check the syns), but it will take 30 seconds to drink and fill you up!

quiches and chickpea dahl loaf are great finger foods
for quiche mix 4 eggs with 200g cottage cheese and pour over a mixture of veggies in a sort of lasagne dish. I used red peppers, courgette, sweetcorn, onion, mushrooms. Cook until browned. Cut into wedges.

Chickpea dahl loaf I ate slices of at work today:-
One packet of batchelors mild curry rice made up, tin of chickpeas (or chickpea dahl) and 3-4 eggs. Mix together. Lasagne dish. Oven 40 mins. Cut into slabs. DELISH.

you could cut up a bunch of stuff to pick at when you got chance:-
ie, quorn sausages, hard boiled egg halves, crabsticks (not suggesting that these things go together!). Just things that you can pop into your mouth and move on! lol. Grapes? You can buy yogurts that you drink can't you (I would check the syns), but it will take 30 seconds to drink and fill you up!

Thats brill thanku, ill give the quiche ago and the picky bits sound like a great idea, thanku so much xx

Another idea for finger food is perhaps a cous cous cake, but make it savoury (I've inky done a sweet one so far but it might be an idea)

Lunch ideas to take to work next week

Any ideas what I can take for lunch to work next week (all week). I plan on taking a fruit bowl and filling it too, but what can I prepare at home and eat at work, knowing il grab toast on way out in the morning so that's HEb used.
Oh and there's no microwave only a kettle, and I'm fed up of mugshots already!!!

Hey what about making up some cous cous and chicken or ham with it? I make it up with a stock cube and add roasted veg. It's lovely cold and easy to take in a lunchbox. Or maybe make up some lettuce rolls....lettuce, with ham and tomatoe etc rolled up like a sandwich? No syns and you can add whatever you fancy,

cous cous you can get the sachets and cook in a bowl with boiling water with a plate over the top, 5 minutes and youre good to go.

Good old salad, getting a few staple fridge ingredients and you could have something different everyday, sweet chilli dressing, honey mustard, garlic/ ceasar, pickled onion, beetroot, gherkins, jalapenos, olives (syn) all help change the type of salad it is too.

Bean salad
Tuna salad
Chickpea dhal salad
Potato salad
Pasta salad
Cous cous salad
Chicken salad
Cottage cheese salad

Make little meatball type things and chuck them in, roast butternut or sweet potatoes and bung them in. Make the SW kebab or curry loaf and take that in cold, mini SW quiche with chicken or ham slices as a base and then baked in muffin cases are FAB.

Or invest in a good flask and take soup, chilli, curry, pasta, casserole- the possibilities are ENDLESS .x.x.

Hey what about making up some cous cous and chicken or ham with it? I make it up with a stock cube and add roasted veg. It's lovely cold and easy to take in a lunchbox. Or maybe make up some lettuce rolls....lettuce, with ham and tomatoe etc rolled up like a sandwich? No syns and you can add whatever you fancy,
Yarh both would make a change thanks

cous cous you can get the sachets and cook in a bowl with boiling water with a plate over the top, 5 minutes and youre good to go. Good old salad, getting a few staple fridge ingredients and you could have something different everyday, sweet chilli dressing, honey mustard, garlic/ ceasar, pickled onion, beetroot, gherkins, jalapenos, olives (syn) all help change the type of salad it is too. Bean salad Tuna salad Chickpea dhal salad Potato salad Pasta salad Cous cous salad Chicken salad Cottage cheese salad Make little meatball type things and chuck them in, roast butternut or sweet potatoes and bung them in. Make the SW kebab or curry loaf and take that in cold, mini SW quiche with chicken or ham slices as a base and then baked in muffin cases are FAB. Or invest in a good flask and take soup, chilli, curry, pasta, casserole- the possibilities are ENDLESS .x.x.
God your like a book of SW treats to eat ha, thanks, never even thought of a flask! N curry loaf?! That sounds lovely

What can I have for lunch? Urgent responce needed short for choices!!!!

So I am at work and cos we were out really late I didn't prepare lunch. I can't leave work at all as I am here alone today and my only option is to get something from the thai restaurant opposite. I have scrolled through their menu and I think the best option is the something called KAO KAI which is egg fried rice with chicken and I can have some fruit with is for my superfree. Does anyone have any idea how many syns this would be and if it would damage my weight loss?

Back