Lunch Ideas

They dont do plain rice :( I had a look on the syns list and it should be around 8 syns. If I don't have any other syns all day it should be ok right?

could you not ask for plain rice?
most places will cater to your needs if you ask.

x

If it's 8 Syns, you'd still actually have some left over, assuming you're doing 10-15? Worse comes to worse, if you're really stuck you could flexi-syn, as long as you don't over-do it tonight you'll be fine sweet, one lot of rice isn't going to ruin your diet unless you let it. But you might find that if you ask they'd do it for you plain.

Do you have any snacks (fruit etc) hidden you could nibble at? If you're hungry, have it, it's only 8 Syns and it's better to not be starving hungry and binge later.

X

I have some fruit so I was thinking I can only have half the portion of rice and some fruit
but I will ask cos maybe they do it and its just not on the menu

Assuming the portion is quite big you could have half of it and put the other half in a fridge for tomorrow, only using 4 Syns per day, which is really not a lot of Syns. How many Syns are you allowing yourself each day?

X

I'm aiming for around 8 syns per day so that would work!

i had 2/3 of the food and some strawberries. I'm not going to use any more syns today as I am having SW spaghetti bolognese with my healthy extra cheese on top

Aaaaarrrgggghhhhh

Thread merged with one of the other 400 lunch threads

It really confused me when I was half asleep last night haha.

I would never have thought of half of this stuff, I'm lucky to go to a fab (and very large) group.

Syn free curry loaf
Ingredients

3 eggs- free 1 packet Batchelors mild curry rice - free 1 tin of Asda chick pea Dahl – free

Method

Cook rice as per instructions on packet
Beat eggs, mix everything together and put in a loaf tin.

Cook for 25-30 minutes at 160-18’ (Gas mark 3 or 4

.x.x.x.

It really confused me when I was half asleep last night haha. I would never have thought of half of this stuff, I'm lucky to go to a fab (and very large) group. Syn free curry loaf Ingredients 3 eggs- free 1 packet Batchelors mild curry rice - free 1 tin of Asda chick pea Dahl - free Method Cook rice as per instructions on packet Beat eggs, mix everything together and put in a loaf tin. Cook for 25-30 minutes at 160-18' (Gas mark 3 or 4 .x.x.x.
Thanks for that Hun, really appreciate it. Gonna try it out today

Oh there are but we don't need more new threads. There actually are at least 400 lunch threads in the SW forum
Well suppose when new to these things, you wouldn't necessarily know where to look, hence new thread

This has been so helpful! All I have at work is a small fridge and a kettle so I really struggle and I have a huge appetite!
I have a food flask but I was only using it for the HEX soups and pasta n sauce, but I'm not a fan of the soup flavours, and the pasta n sauce seemed to go really rubbery and chewy by lunch time which wasn't very nice, and I got a bit bored. I didn't even think about heating leftovers from tea the night before! There are so many things I could have! I didn't think about doing beans or spaghetti hoops to have on cold toast, which I don't mind really!

One thing I do love is an amazing chicken liver and bacon pate recipe that I found. It's completely syn free and you can make enough for the whole week if you're not greedy like me and eat it in moderation :) I do my 2 small rounds of wholemeal toast before work and take them in a little bag to have with my pate. I usually have lots left so I eat it straight off the knife! (Awful I know!) But it is so scrummy! I also love the SW mini quiche recipe.

Thanks for the tips everyone! x

I normally have an omelette for lunch. Frylight, mushrooms, lean meat, few eggs, and a little salad :)

I had a frittata today and it was lovely. 2 eggs, half a pepper, 4 spring onions, half a chilli and 2 big handfuls of spinach. I made it last night and had it cold for lunch.

For lunch I normally have jacket potato, with cottage cheese or baked beans. This is dead easy so can't go wrong with it. Sometimes I have some chicken breast and salad. Or pasta and tuna or a mugshot if I'm busy at work. :)

Im so glad you have found some alternatives to have that suit you :)

Would the pate go with apples and grapes (like you would get on a cheese board) just thinking that way you could boost your superfree too :)

I have just made up some golden rice (free) for lunch at work tomorrow with added vegs, peppers and peas. Added some ham but I also add prawns sometimes, and added a tbsp of nandos sauce to give it a good kick!

I have just made up some golden rice (free) for lunch at work tomorrow with added vegs, peppers and peas

That's very similar to what I've been having. Added some chopped up turkey to bulk up the protein - yum yum! :)

Back