Lunch Ideas

did you know there are FOUR HUNDRED threads about lunch ideas in SW alone???

I've started having those mccain jackets that you put in the microwave. I have a young baby and no time and they are so convenient. I'm hoping they are low syn :/

I've started having those mccain jackets that you put in the microwave. I have a young baby and no time and they are so convenient. I'm hoping they are low syn :/

I think theyre about 1 syn but not 100% sure

Yesterday I mixed some extra low fat mayo with some nandos sauce to cover some pasta, ham & salad. Was filling and tasty! Could do it with yoghurt as the nandos sauce would cover the yoghurty taste

Help lunches

Heya I'm newbie sammi I'm currently starting again tomorrow I'm doing slimming world from home with my partner on a tight budget too :( I'm finding it hard to do lunches as my partner drives for a living and doesn't get a break so has to eat on the go I have a microwave at work so not hard for me but its a lot easier if we have the same thing and I keep falling off the wagon any tips on how not too or anything what scared you not to eat chocolate or junk? Two wedding to attend this year first is middle of August currently a large 14 wanting to get back to a 10-12 help me out please thank you so much and looking forward to some brilliant advice and some friends thank you xxx

Hiya !

I habe trouble with lunches too !
When I'm in a rush I have things like ryvita crackerbread which can be heb with laughing cow or Kerry low low cheese which can be hea on with ham, black pepper and salad ( it's really nice to!) even your other half can have a sandwich using bread as heb with ham and salad and things. When I have sandwiches I have Special K cracker crisps there really nice to and only 5syns for 21 crisps !!
X

If you both want the same thing, how about:

Soup- you can heat yours in microwave, your OH could take a flask of it
Mug Shots- you just need boiling water, so again a flask would help for your OH
Cold meals like a lunch box full of salad, HB eggs, cold meats, pasta etc
Fruit is handy!
SW fritatta is lovely hot or cold
Sandwiches using your HEXs or syn the bread
Yoghurt
Use your syns on a bag of crisps to go with a sandwich etc

You've to be organised though, so maybe get into habit of making your lunch the night before.

Thank will try that also we normally have a sachet of porridge so the bread or ryvita would have to be syned so is there anything quick easy and not to heavy for breakfast as having breakfast at bout 6:30am I find it quite hard too as on a budget but I think this is the best diet as it's not really one but just teaching you how to eat properly I appreciate all the help xx

Oh I didn't think of soup thank you! And yes he does normally have a sandwich but yeah when I done it before I always used to do lunches the night before just need to get back in the habit of it I can do this I love mug shots and need to invest in a new flask ours just broke thank you my dear xx

Things for breakfast like scrambled egg Dosnt take too long or sliced fruit and yogurt too is nice with a little bit of sweetener :)

Sometimes for lunches I make scotch eggs with we sausages they work out to be under 1 syn each ( there quite big) there nice hot or cold to

I'd recommend the Thermos food Flash for your Boyfriend. It has a little fold up spoon in the lid & is Kingleds husband proof - he's had his for 3 years now & hasn't managed to break it yet. Worth the £20!

Back