Lunch Ideas

Do you have a recipe for this, sounds good :)

I think it's just google and adjust to SW.

I do

Bigga boxed process peas soaked overnight with tablet from box. Rinse well for ten before adding to soup pan.

Frylite onion garlic chopped carrot and either small piece ham/gammon or two slices bacon ( I count mine for green days 1 syn per portion for meat)

Ham stock cubes or veg. A lot of boiled water probably 2 pints with more added later.

Add above to pan, cover simmer for hour or more. Blitz to smooth. The pea shells blitz down, they contain fibre ;)
Store in tupperware usually does me 4 lunches. Add bit hot water when microwaving if too thick. It's so tasty.

Heya I'm newbie sammi I'm currently starting again tomorrow I'm doing slimming world from home with my partner on a tight budget too :( I'm finding it hard to do lunches as my partner drives for a living and doesn't get a break so has to eat on the go I have a microwave at work so not hard for me but its a lot easier if we have the same thing and I keep falling off the wagon any tips on how not too or anything what scared you not to eat chocolate or junk? Two wedding to attend this year first is middle of August currently a large 14 wanting to get back to a 10-12 help me out please thank you so much and looking forward to some brilliant advice and some friends thank you xxx

Pasta/ rice salads packed with veg that he can keep in tupperware ? Chopped veg/ fruit? SW quiche? Make rolled up meat salad things out of iceberg lettuce leaves? Soup or stew in a flask?

I'd recommend the Thermos food Flash for your Boyfriend. It has a little fold up spoon in the lid & is Kingleds husband proof - he's had his for 3 years now & hasn't managed to break it yet. Worth the £20!

Oh that sounds really good defiantly will invest in one thank you :)

Pasta/ rice salads packed with veg that he can keep in tupperware ? Chopped veg/ fruit? SW quiche? Make rolled up meat salad things out of iceberg lettuce leaves? Soup or stew in a flask?

Hi Bunnylush!

This is completely off topic, but I have just noticed that your start weight was 1 stone 2.9lb and your current weight is just 10.9lb! What's your secret?! Hehehe I think your numbers are a bit out of sync in your profile, but I'm assuming you've gone from 12 stone 9lb to 10 stone 9lb? What a fab loss, congrats!! :D

Last edited:
Hi Bunnylush!

This is completely off topic, but I have just noticed that your start weight was 1 stone 2.9lb and your current weight is just 10.9lb! What's your secret?! Hehehe I think your numbers are a bit out of sync in your profile, but I'm assuming you've gone from 12 stone 9lb to 10 stone 9lb? What a fab loss, congrats!! :D

Hi yes lol I can't edit on iphone and I get confused trying go back on the old site. In 14 months I lost 6 stone 1 lb. target was 10.9. I know SW inside because I did it after son was born 1994. I am a stickler for rules and follow plan 100%. I eat muller fruit for breakfast. Tomato, butternut squash or pea soup if green day for lunches. I don't snack on anything but fruit in the day, I'm not a big day snacker anyway. I don't like eating much in the day. Then I have a massive mainly free food tea, I do mainly green days. Sometimes red. Rarely ee. Then I snack on fruit in front of the tv. Then because I'm insomniac and don't sleep till early hours. I save my healthy extra and syns for late at night. I have 250 ml ss milk for A daily. Then another A milky coffee before bed. If I'm not wanting cheese. Then I have hifi rocky roads and ryvita or 4 breakfast biscuits. And usually spend my syns on fruit pastilles and French fries. I try and make lots of recipes. I have a Phillips Airfryer and a kenwood food processor than make SW life a dream. I did 30 mins daily wii fit whilst losing. Now I walk the dog when I can but I have bad legs. I do have really bad legs but I still fought the pain to exercise. I was type 2 diabetic cholesterol and high blood pressure, heart attack waiting to happen. Now it's all gone!! My cousin had heart attack that's what woke me up! I'm 46 I seem to break all the diet rules of not eating at night etc but its worked. I love helping others too which helps me. I've been target member over a year now and still go to every class :)

Hi yes lol I can't edit on iphone and I get confused trying go back on the old site. In 14 months I lost 6 stone 1 lb. target was 10.9. I know SW inside because I did it after son was born 1994. I am a stickler for rules and follow plan 100%. I eat muller fruit for breakfast. Tomato, butternut squash or pea soup if green day for lunches. I don't snack on anything but fruit in the day, I'm not a big day snacker anyway. I don't like eating much in the day. Then I have a massive mainly free food tea, I do mainly green days. Sometimes red. Rarely ee. Then I snack on fruit in front of the tv. Then because I'm insomniac and don't sleep till early hours. I save my healthy extra and syns for late at night. I have 250 ml ss milk for A daily. Then another A milky coffee before bed. If I'm not wanting cheese. Then I have hifi rocky roads and ryvita or 4 breakfast biscuits. And usually spend my syns on fruit pastilles and French fries. I try and make lots of recipes. I have a Phillips Airfryer and a kenwood food processor than make SW life a dream. I did 30 mins daily wii fit whilst losing. Now I walk the dog when I can but I have bad legs. I do have really bad legs but I still fought the pain to exercise. I was type 2 diabetic cholesterol and high blood pressure, heart attack waiting to happen. Now it's all gone!! My cousin had heart attack that's what woke me up! I'm 46 I seem to break all the diet rules of not eating at night etc but its worked. I love helping others too which helps me. I've been target member over a year now and still go to every class :)

You're a SW angel! You're very inspiring... 6 stone in just over a year?! Incredible! I think you've got to have your kind of mind set to get the best out of SW and I'm trying my best to get there! I lost a stone then put 6lbs back on, now I've only got 3 more lbs to lose before I'm back to where I left off and I can start shedding some more lbs!

One thing I rarely do is use my HEXA! I don't drink tea or coffee so don't need milk for that, rarely each cheese because the allowance is so small and I know if I have some I'll want more! That's something I'm gradually trying to change. I also have an AirFryer but don't use it to it's full capacity, only for low syn chips, so that's another thing I'm trying to change!

I don't think my Mum could stick to SW without the hifi rocky roads, she is absolutely obsessed with them! She tends to eat a lot of free food so uses up her syns with those a lot of the time :) I'm more of an Alpen light bar girl, because they're bigger :p

I struggle at lunch time because all I have at work is a kettle and a small fridge, so I'm very restricted. I physically can't have salad for lunch because it just doesn't satisfy me, no matter what I do with it. I think this is what was holding me back because there's so little I can have that I like because I don't have a microwave or even a toaster! But I've recently invested in a food flask and for the last 2 weeks I've been cooking a jacket potato before work in the morning and keeping it warm in my flask until lunchtime. Sometimes I just have to wrap it in lots of layers of foil and a towel if I want it with something hot like beans or leftover Bolognese, which take priority in the flask! But it's been so much better and I've not felt hungry in the afternoon!

Can you not make a big soup like I do once or twice a week and take that to work? Your stomach eventfully gets used to not having lots of bread to dunk ;) bread was my downfall in life. I keep a small wholemeal in the freezer and rarely touch it! Only for treats of bacon butties. As for cheese I buy cathederal light and grate it in my processor. Then bag it into 40 g portions. So simple to add to recipes and not go over. Or waste it. Or restrict yourself with babybel lights. The thing is we can all kid ourselves but we all have to take responsibility for our health, I wish I had had the head to keep it going from 1994 but I had a lot of crap going on and two small boys. Looking back I regret not staying healthy when they needed me to. But best not late than never! I will have to stay SW for life but I actually love SW food anyway. It's just all second nature to me now. I keep packets of savoury rice and frozen or tinned veg, so even on a bad head day I can rustle up a SW tea in 20 mins with no stress! If I'm hungry or feel down and need to abuse food ill grab a pack savoury rice. Better to stuff my face with that than chocolate or ten bags of crisps. I made target just in time to be my mums matron of honour. Not the best pic but lol. :)

Attachments

• image-4132880455.jpg
    image-4132880455.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 236
Last nights tea!
Potato skins with bacon, cheese & sprinkled with all spice.....
Served with baked beans!
Potato Skins-2 (Small).JPGPotato Skins-3 (Small).JPG

Bought some soup freezable bags from lakeland today so I'm going to the making some soup this week for lunches next week when I'm back at work!

Fab thread just had a quick look whilst im at work but having a proper look at it tonight, my problem is i dont technically get a lunch break as i am part time so i eat at my desk so i struggle with lunch as i cant eat left overs from the night before so need something like sandwiches etc but i use my hex b for my breakfast and im doing EE so you only get one.

Struggling with lunchtime options

Hello everyone. I only get 30 minutes to eat my lunch at work and have to eat at my desk, and I find that I really struggle with ideas for lunch as I find that salads can be boring and I find that during mid morning and late afternoon I get very hungry, but I am not able to snack much at my desk without getting caught, can anyone give me any interesting ideas that do not use too many syns that I can have for lunch that I can eat in that time bearing in mind if I have to heat something up there is always a queue for the microwave and I am the last to get there as my office is upstairs and the microwave downstairs, that will keep me full until I get home around 6pm in the evening. Thank you

How about making some pasta salads to take in? My favorites are chicken and bacon with tomatoes, passata, peppers, onions and chilli or tuna mayo with onions and cucumber xx

What about using your HeX-B on 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf and packing it with chicken and salad. Use Quark as you would butter and the whole thing is free. Rolled up ham is nice with some Quark in it too... I sometimes have ham rolls with boiled eggs and a little salad. Look out for these from The Food Doctor... they are really tasty and are made by just adding hot water and leaving for 5 mins.
POTCNL.jpg
A flask with soup in is always a good idea... with a small wholemeal roll as your HeX-B.

mug shots
sandwich
bean/spaghetti/scrambled egg/mushrooms/bacon/ham on toast
at the weekend make a ton of soup freeze in to individual portions and then grab one out in the morning and heat up
last nights leftovers
jacket potato bean/spaghetti/tuna/salad/prawns/ cheese/ tin ratatouille
asda tin ratatouille couscous
couscous
Big mac in a bowel (make the meat the night before make salad side up sperate then heat up meat at work)
make a pasta bake and take that in for work
pasta/rice packets
pasta salad
rice salad
microwave omelet and beans
Breakfast for lunch? lunch for breakfast? have porridge for lunch
ryvita stack (ryvitas stack with as much free food as you can find)
Supper low fat noodles
fruit salad
Baked tortilla salad baskets
baked vegetable frittata (hot or cold! i like it with beans)
potato salad
parsnip and leek cakes
noodles (stir fry?)
uncle bens rice packets
[h=3][/h]

Back