Lunch Ideas

I vary the low fat ones!

The turkey one for example is 7pp, add cheese for 1pp and then I get red onion, jalepenos and sweet chili sauce (which is free for that amount)
They sell walkers baked too so depending I would sometimes add them in.

Getting hungry now! Haha!

Help! Stuck for lunch ideas!

Hi All,

I work in an office in the middle of town and am within easy access of Tesco/Asda & M&S but I'm stuck for lunch ideas!
I've had beans on toast spaghetti on toast, WW meals, WW soup, salad, bagels as lunch options but I'd like to try something else.
It's needs to be little or no prep and the only things available to cook with in our canteen are a toaster and microwave!

What does everyone else do?

Tabi

tabitha91 said:
Hi All,

I work in an office in the middle of town and am within easy access of Tesco/Asda & M&S but I'm stuck for lunch ideas!
I've had beans on toast spaghetti on toast, WW meals, WW soup, salad, bagels as lunch options but I'd like to try something else.
It's needs to be little or no prep and the only things available to cook with in our canteen are a toaster and microwave!

What does everyone else do?

Tabi

M&S do count on us prawn chilli wrap, they are lushhhh so do not taste healthy and are very satisfying. Not 100% on the new propoint value but they have propointed all their food so should say on it think it used to be 3.5 on old system. Ooo also in M&S their count on us strawberry frapps are delish they are 3pp. Well worth the point value in my opinion. I'm a pretty big eater so would have to have a fruit salad or something too. Hehehe. :) hope I've helped!

Hi - there are two of us at home and I like to cook for four and bring the rest into work. Zero effort if you have a microwave.

Agreed, I made my dinner last night and had leftovers (ww curry) with 2 bits of bread...

As long as you fill your dinners with plenty of veg, and have a tad smaller portion, its actually really low in points! :)

I'm in my second week of ww and i keep having the same thing for lunch, it's getting boring.
I always have 2 slices ww bread,ham with salad, no spread, ww crisps, 2 satsumas.

Anyone have any nice ideas that are not to high in pp

Thanks

Wel to be honest I always have salad but I make a mahoosive tossed salad add my meat (I like low fat chicken or ham but you could use egg, grated cheese - (grated on the smallest grater you get an emormous amount!)), then I add my dressing give it a big stir then add a packet of melba toast (1pp for the pack of 6) but just before I add take tham out of the pack I break them up and sprinkle the pieces on! Result crunchy healthy croutons! If I'm hungry I add 2 packs It's amazing how much more filling that is than just a plate of salad with slices of ham!
But you could make a pizza with the Warburtons thins (3pp and it comes like a bun so its 2 pieces) or a huge pizza with the square wrap (4pp) if you make a veg pizza with the cheese grated on the smallest grater you have a very satisfying low point pizza.
You could make the no point soup and use the broken melba toast as croutons so it's very low point. You could take another pack and spread low fat cream cheese on all 6 crackers so it's a very filling low point lunch. you'd still have enough points for crisps or cake (2pp each!)

Curried BNS soup is 0 points. Tend to always have a themos of this stuff on my desk.

150g Asda good for you cottage cheese 3pp with pack of 6 melba toast 1pp. and WW yogurt or crisps.

Warburton Wrap 4pp with a laugh cow light cheese triangle 1pp, 90g wafer thin turkey ham 2pp and salad.

Few ideas for you.

sorry I don't know any of the points as I tend to count them as I go and adjust sizes to the number of points I need to use but a few ideas I've been looking at this week:

Couscous with tuna and spring onions

Quesadillas made with the weight watchers wraps

Feta cheese salad with orange and walnuts (Sainsbury's do a really low fat greek salad cheese that is 5 points for half a pack)

Low fat brussels pate on crispbreads (again Sainsbury's be good to yourself is much lower in points than you'd expect and really tasty)

Omelette

Roasted butternut squash, pine nuts and beetroot salad

Innocent vegetable pots - I think they are about 8 points a pot or similar which isn't low but it has about 3 of your fruit and veg portions in one go and are really quite filling

prawns,salad,philidelphia 4pp.....try having a pitta instead of bread with chicken and philidelphia 8pp, spaghetti on toast? 7pp.... ryvita with phili 4pp, asda meat free burgers are 2pp each and they suprisingly taste like meat! haha have 2 of them in a roll, 8pp

floridasun said:
Thanks all

Lovely ideas, will definitely be trying some off them.

Just had low fat super noodles 3pp and mushrooms today

The low fat supernoodles are only 3pp for a third of the packet arnt they?? I remeber getting the chicken an herb ones once thinking they were low and pointed it after and regretted it?
I have for lunch ww pitta 3pp
4 peices wafer thin ham 1pp
Extra light dairylea triangle 0pp
Sugat free jellu pot 0pp
French fries or quavers 2pp
And fruit
Sometimes i have a mini crunchie too as a treat 2pp but i tend to keep to 6pp for lunch.
Good luck with the lunches :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not to everyones taste but I love tinned tomatoes on toast with low cal fried mushrooms and a dash of wostershire sauce.

Ohhh are the super noodle that low in PP? excellent :)

oh no i'm such an idiot. Sorry that is wrong it's 3pp for half a pack. Going to have to use the rest out of my weeklies :-(

6pp isnt that bad i guess, sometimes i have the chicken n herb ones (low fat) with a chicken breast for tea an u could bulk up with veg!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back