Lunch in the City - EC1

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Miss_S, 2 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Miss_S

Miss_S Member

Hey! I work in the City (London) and often have to grab lunch on the run :confused: The places I have near me are Eat, Pret and M&S. Can anyone recommend any lunch options? I can't face another jacket potato! xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. staceyporter

staceyporter Full Member

Pasta, couscous, rice? microwave them/ add water to them for quick tasty snacks?
    I will try to think of some others x

4. Miss_S

Miss_S Member

Hey, thanks! I was thinking more along the lines of stuff i can grab quickly from the shops because I don't always have time to make something. Do you know any syn values for Eat or Pret? I tried to vegetable sushi from pret the otherday and it was the worst experience of my life!! xx

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like the Pret De Luxe sushi. Never tried the vegetarian one. All of their sandwiches seem to ooze with mayonnaise, so I never have them.

6. Miss_S

Miss_S Member

Thanks! What about Eat, I can't find anything on it anywhere! xx

7. staceyporter

staceyporter Full Member

Oh sorry, you can buy ready made patas but you'd have to syn the sauces. You cab also buy fruit salads
    I like grabits chicken on a stick which are lovely and free xxx

8. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you have M&S near you you should not have a problem.

This is from their website

count on us…™
    400 calories or under and less than 3% fat…what a delicious way to diet!

9. anoushka

anoushka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10%)
    Depending on where you are in EC1 there's always Itsu sushi? There are ones at Fetter Lane, nr Hatton Garden and Holborn. It's very yummy too!

10. Miss_S

Miss_S Member

I was looking at Itsu but I couldn't find syn values anywhere. Do you know any? Thank you all for your help xxxx

11. anoushka

anoushka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10%)
    They have the nutritional info on the packets in the shop and online I think though there is a bit of gestimation needed. I have the Omega 3 Salmon Supreme and syn it at 5 syns as the fish, rice and salad are all free so just allowing for the pumpkin seeds on the salad and whatever they stick the sushi together with. I don't have the dressing though. I've had this at least twice a week and have been losing pretty consistently so I figure I must have got it reasonably right!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.