Lurk no more, fat no more

I got told by the nurse doing my lung tests earlier that I have the lungs of a 47 year old. I am 27!!! I am an ex smoker of around 5-6 years and asthmatic. I was surprised to hear it at the time, as I thought my lungs were fine, but I was blowing out only 50% or so of my predicted capacity. Appointment with GP booked for next week, he's going to have a look at it and see if there is an undiagnosed respiratory problem :/ It all makes sense now though, as even sitting here I am quite short of breath and keep having to force myself to do a deep breath every now and then. I used to have awful pain in my lungs/chest which was scary, so I wonder if it is related. Eughhhhhhhhh. I think I am going to have a morning puff on my steroid inhaler tomorrow morning as instructed by the nurse (I have avoided using it unless I need it so far, which has been fine but obviously not really fine.)

I am looking into ways to increase my lung capacity...types of exercises, breathing techniques etc. Will have to get back into meditation and yoga, although i won't be able to do most of the moves now as can't weight bear on my wrists. I don't believe in God/Allah/Buddha etc but if he/she/it is real, then when I die and meet my maker I will be asking for a refund !!! Body is screwed. Life goes on though, got lots of digging on the allotment to do tomorrow, get in that body magic :)

Had a good few days, feeling back on track. Today had a massive thai red curry for dinner which was quite high in syns so limited my portion ;) Yum yum, plus 3 containers worth for the freezer, as well as feeding the other 6 people currently in the house. On a split shift today, back off to work in 20 mins for the night then day off tomorrow!! woohoo although i want the sunshine back. Hope you all had a lovely weekend xx

your job sounds very rewarding :) Ive done work with down syndrome kids and also autistic etc. and is a great, varying job :) Your red curry sounds delish :)

Yeah it's ok, very long hours and the pay isn't too amazing when you look at how many actual hours I spend at work, but its flexible and fits in well around my hobbies and other jobs :) plus the people I work with are wicked we get to do lots of fun things :) it's not what I want to do for a career as it goes nowhere but its good for my life now.

sorry not to have been about and I missed the post about your breathing problems

have you had problems long - if they are very recent then please be careful with the shortness of breath and any sign of dizzyness get to a and e - I had a blood clot that dislodged and scatterned into my lungs - I never even knew I had a clot - I dont want to frighten you but just want you to be aware - I am sure its to do with your asthma - my daughter is asthmatic and does from time to time get the same problems
I am off on holiday at the weekend and so stressed I am not coping well at all - so I might not be around until the week after next - take care and I hope the tests go well :)

Oh thanks for your concern love - sorry to hear you had a clot! I have had this problem on and off for years, It seems to be related to my asthma but the doc is having a look to check its nothing else (copd/emphysemia etc) I'm pretty slack at taking my steroids too as I hate the idea of them but I'm coming round to the idea of taking them daily now :)

Try not to stress love - Holiday is for relaxing and getting some head space. Write lists of what you need to do and work through it bit by bit. I'll be about if you want to send a message/someone to vent on :) Hope you get to enjoy your holiday xxx

Have been super focused this week...back on track! Not much exercise though as been doing very long shifts at work. Got a day off tomorrow so am going to get onto the allotment and go for a walk somewhere :)

glad you have focus and hoping that nothing is seriously wrong - I honestly didnt want to frighten you but wanted you to be aware that it is something that can strike with very symptoms - mine was breathless that morning then it just happened a couple of hours after - but in your case its something that happens to you on and off so you know you an rule it out

thanks for the offer thats lovely of you
H xx

Hope you are doing ok love :)

' I lost 3lbs yesterday, got my 2.5 stone award!!!! Well chuffed...I am only 21 lbs off my interim target of 12 stone...going well although I still can't really see the difference. Am gonna try for another 3lbs today as its my last clear week for a while ;)

image.jpg

Lush dinner - roasted veg cous cous (pepper, courgette, red onion, garlic) with North African style seasoning and a Moroccan salad :) was delish, and got the rest of it for tomorrow

Another good day today - had a right naughty brekkie, then off to the car boot with some girls from group, was a right lovely day :)

I'm now home, and I have Mon and Tues off work too!!! woohoo!!! I'm currently writing a list of things I need to do while i'm off work over the next week...its pretty long but I'm just gonna plough on and get it all done :)

Super productive day so far - now off to the allotment to get in a few hours work before dinner. I've eaten quite a lot the last few days so need to burn off some of those extra calories hahah

So far have build and installed a new bed in my van which looks lovely, painted a rack unit to put in there at a later date...pruned back our hedge...now off to dig, water and plant for a bit. BUSY BUSY BUSY

[h=5]I got ambushed by an Indian takeaway lol!!! I've been toiling away on the allotment yesterday and got a phone call last night saying 'I've ordered you a takeaway' so came home thinking 'maybe I can limit the damage' but no...I had the full monty :( peshwari naan, some Dahl, boiled rice and most of a large portion of a veg dansak. Oh and a samosa :/ although I've left the other one plus maybe 1/8th of the curry and naan.I'm hoping that all the exercise yesterday and today will work it off, oppps!!

Eating super good today - trying to use up the leftovers from the fridge at the min. had a brunch as got up late, then gonna have sausage, veg, mash and gravy for din dins :) back to work tomorrow, boooo!!!

[/h]

Woohoo 1lb off yesterday which I'm happy with after a very large Indian takeaway on the weekend :)

Went to the gym yesterday and signed up for a personal training session, am going after work tomorrow. My joints are getting bad again and had a good chat with my doctor about what I can do to make it better, so gonna have a programme made up to help us. Am also going to do a little toning and see what sort of cardio there is but I hate treadmills/running/walking in gyms as I do that outside, plus elliptical trainers make me really dizzy from the motion haha! Fingers crossed the PT can find a good programme for me :)

Had a horrible binge on crap food last night ,was in a lousy mood and had a few ciders, then it was game over. wedges, bread and peas with loads of ketchup...then half a malt loaf. i feel like a prize idiot now :(

Made up for it today though, had my personal training session and it was great - although I can really feel it now. The trainer was great and really pushed me. He knew lots about asthma and hypermobility and devised a programme to work on both...its amazing how wrong I've been doing things in the last few years!!!

Having a jacket with chilli and salad tonight...off to do a 48 hour shift tomorrow morning...then 8 DAYS OFF for Glastonbury funtimes!!! Fingers crossed for sun eh ;)

Aching like mad!!! Went bowling last night after thr gym and forgot I havea fractured thumb..and you can imagine thr rest.so my thumb is swollen like anything, my legs/body aches, and I have blisters on my hand from weights. Blahhhh

The aching was even worse this morning!!! Have been having to slide down the wall to get onto the toilet at work hahaha!! Don't think ill be doing any lunges or squats again until after Glastonbury next week!! I hope tis goes away before then my walking is funny and legs, bum and shoulders are so achey. Just goes to show how unfit I was. I've also been told to not stretch as I have hyper mobility - I wish someone told me this years ago when I was diagnosed maybe it could have eased some of the symptoms I'm having now!!!

hAd thr munchies today couldn't stop picking :( working again all day tommorow but then I have 8 days off!!!

Had a little chocolate binge last night, not sure why?? Very silly. Am cutting back today to try and scrape it back :)

im having to work hard at not being like 'sod I'm gonna gain this weekend at glasto anyway, why not eat rubbish all day' today!! An going to try and be as good as possible until I get on site on Wednesday...

It's funny how easy it is to start off by tasting something only to end up scoffing the lot... but sounds like you're drawing a mental line under it and focused. Woohoo on your personal Trainer!! how often do you see him/her?

Only thr once so far - I havehypermobility and asthma which can make exercise very tough in knowing what is good or realistically achievable for me. He was great and really knew his stuff - I've been doing the wrong things all along! An going to do the full work out once a week for now and double it when thr pain eases. It's now 3 days on and I'm in agony, having to slide down the wall to get onto thr loo and pull my legs into the car, but no one said it would be easy :) I have so much more to fight, HMS can cause early fatigue which I certainly feel now, but must break through the barrier to see an improvement. I'm having to change habits and all sorts but I'm determined.

will do my cardio twice a week if I can though as that was much easier as it just makes me breathless and hot, doesn't give me pain which is ok.

Have been snacking again today, think I'm in 'holiday mode' lololol. Will get straight back on it on Tuesday when I return :)

Back