Lurk no more, fat no more

I've liked your last post because I feel I need to stay to group to stay focused, not because of your thumb. I hope it's not too painful and you get it sorted.

ill improvise a splint at work later and its not bothering me too much provided I keep it straight. Am off driving duties for now though as I can't operate the handbrake :) driving to Scotland on Thursday could be fun!

Glutton for punishment eh - hope it gets better soon - take care.

Will be away for a few days depending on internet connection - taking son to Saigon for his flight back to UK and OH having a couple of days doing the touristy stuff with him whilst I have a rest from cooking and washing for them both :) I have a hospital check up down there so I am sure I will also find something else to fill in my time.

Good Luck with your weigh in - will be in touch.

ouch
I do hope the thumb is not broken
take some ibruprofen or diclafenicto help with the inflamation

Thanks ladies :)

Sadly I can't take antiinflammatoriee as I had a kidney out. I'm stuck at work until 3 tomorrow so no chance of it anyway...I broke a finger last August and didn't know until 3 months later and now it gets stiff and sore so I don't wanna take any chances with this one if it is :) it feels a little better but will get it checked out in case. Either way it will be sore for a while!

I ate the spiciest stir fry for dinner. Had 3 chillis in it, then I meant to dribble some Indian chilli sauce on it but it poured out...so I ate in anyway. Was lovely but very tingly my mouth is still humming from it and thr work kitchen smells of capsicum :)

you will sweat the weight away with that meal

sorry you cant take anything to make that thumb more comfortable

hope its far less sore today

Not even a dressing to prove you are injured. Pah :( I had a hairline fracture in my thumb once and I sympathise with you, I hope OH is being extra nice to you.

Got a temporary dressing from the nurse just as a demo of how to do it, but I'm allergic to latex so couldn't keep it on. Tried to find latex free products in boots and it was too much money so I didn't get any in the end. It doesn't hurt that much to be fair, but I only just broke my little finger on that hand about 6 months ago so I'm pretty used to ignoring hand/finger pain now I think.

Only bugger is its going to be difficult to do much gardening - small tasks will be OK but I won't be able to dig, and will probably be able to use other tools for a bit at a time. :( I'm gonna cancel my gym too as I can't swim with 2 screwed fingers and its a waste of money.

Ergh ate loads today. Just under on my syns!! Am hoping for 2lbs off tomorrow, I think I might have done it too :) although I had a big dinner tonight so that could set me back a bit.

Gonna pop in to weigh in quickly then scoot on home as I've got to drive to scotland tomorrow evening. Going to be driving all through the night, woohoo!! Will be happy with a maintain next week as the weekend is going to be quite heavy, also its still very very cold there at night so the only cure for that is...whisky and gin ;) of course. plus my electric blanket :)

good luck with weigh in

hope the finger is still less painful today

and as for gardening - its a good excuse to let others do the heavy work :)

Fingers crossed for you mandlegrot (pardon the pun) Safe driving and have a g & t for me!

Good luck for weigh in hun xxx

How was Scotland, WI and your thumb?

Scotland was amazing!! although the festival finished a day early as it flooded and the winds were severely high so we packed down yesterday morning and I drove back yesterday in high winds which was quite scary at times across the mountains haha!

My thumb is very, very sore after the weekend, we had to push all the vans and trucks out of the fields as the river burst its banks, and quickly pack everything down so not much rest for the thumb, but its not bad enough for me to sit and do nothing ...I've already cleaned out my van and done some 'light' gardening :) enjoying the sunshine we have had down south :)

Weigh in was rubbish, I lost 0.5lbs which was a bit disappointing but I had been craving stodgy meals (lots of spuds) so went a bit OTT on carbs. I might have built up a lot of muscle too as I was toiling away on the allotment for hours and hours last week which might have made a difference. I'm not holding out much hope for this week, a maintain if I'm lucky!! I ate a whole load of rubbish food on the drive up and down :( Plus booze. I'm gonna be good today and get back on it, can't weigh in on thursday as usual as I'm working, so will weigh in on wednesday or friday after work...can't decide which one yet. I am still hoping to get my 8lbs off by the end of the month!!

blimey woman, don't you know the meaning of the word 'rest'? It's good to hear you had such a good time away, not so good on the thumb front. Can you get some good painkillers, maybe just so sleeping is easier when you have finished the booze? :)p) You will do your 8 lbs I'm sure, the way you'vebeen going at it.

Ha no, I am very well known for not knowing how to 'rest.' My boss and everyone at work always ask me what I'm up to on a day off and look tired at the thought of my idea of a quiet evening at home ;)

I try not to take painkillers, as the ones I can have are useless (paracetamol etc), the ones that would definatley work and I can have are a bit naughty (codeine, tramadol) and the ones that I can buy over the counter that might work I can't have anyway as I had a kidney out (ibrfen, asprin etc) so I'm stuck in limbo at the min. I've had my thumb strapped up to a twig (!!!) for a few days as its the only way to stop it from moving, the nurse told me there was no need to do this but the way she showed me to strap it comes lose after 2 mins and is pointless. Will see how it gets on, i don't know if I did something specific to aggrivate it over the weekend as it wasn't hurting like this before I went away so I might have moved it or something. Oh well ;)

I need 1lb off to get my monthly target of 8lbs - sounds easy - but this week is guaranteed to be a gain, and next week I'll be lucky for a maintain as I have a wedding to attend to this weekend. that leaves me one weigh in after that to get rid of my 1lb plus any damage done over the next 2 weigh ins - could be tough, but maybe it will be possible. Will see how bad this week's damage is. I can't weigh in on thursday as usual so Im trying to decide weither to weigh in on wednesday or friday...hmmmm

Hey half a pound is still half a pound off in the right direction!
Sucks about your thumb but hopefully it will mend soon!
You can do your pound off, good choices where possible.

Welcome back. A loss is a loss so well done for that. You set yourself high targets and I admire you for that but you are human remember. x

Back