Lurk no more, fat no more

Maintained tonight - good stuff :) Very happy with that, and a lucky escape I feel! Am going to push for a pound off for next Thursday, got a wedding on Saturday but am going to flexisyn it and see how it goes :)

Productive day today after work, cleaned out the van and car, did some light gardening, cleaned the kitchen...tomorrow after work, I'm off to the allotment to finish putting my fence in and to give everything a soaking. Then home to finish cleaning the house, cook some dinner and pack for a 2 day shift at work. Thumb is very sore today and I'm wincing a little at times but just getting on with it as I can't think of a way to 'rest' my thumb, except for gaffer taping it to a stick!! I have some codeine laying about somewhere so might try and dig that out to get me through work :)

It's tricky having done your thumb in, like you say you can't really "rest it" but it's very vulnerable to further damage and you are a flippin active person!Hope it mends quickly. Whenever I read what you've been doing or plan to do I feel like the world's laziest person in comparison. (I don't think I actually am, I hasten to add lol)

Ha! I think I should relax some times and sit about and chill out for an evening, but I just get itchy feet. I can't do a night in front of the telly, even a film is almost too long for me to sit through unless its damn good. Life is too busy for me to do nothing - I have a house, van, allotment, garden, job and various hobbies to sort out, life is a never ending to-do list!!

Good day today :)

Breakfast was strawberries, blueberries and apple with soya yogurt and a teaspoon of sugar (3)
Lunch - 3 new potatos (took all my willpower not to shove more in my lunch box but its really not necessary) with a massive salad, sweetcorn, olives, balsamic vinegar.
Dinner - spring veg risotto - carrots, leek, garlic, asparagus, courgette, peas and sweetcorn. was yum! 2 syns for teaspoon of soya butter.
Snacks - cereal bar (4), ryvita minis..

So weighed in at under 10 syns for the day which is what I'm aiming for :) Good stuff! Considering at some points during the day I've wanted to gorge on choc and such things due to stressful week at work, general pain and not having enough time to get things done. Ho hum, off to work a 24 hour shift tomorrow, should be 'fun' with a broken thumb LOL Now about to go and pack my food up for my voluntary imprisonment, heres hoping there is good food in the fridge as I cannae be bothered to go to the shops tonight!!

Oooh there's inspiration for dinner tomorrow - risotto!:D

Hope your shift goes well.

Woke up with a cold :( hav had honey and so others already so will do well to scrape under 15 syns today. Got my hand bandaged up at work so am a complete invalid today!!

Poor thing x

Doesnt sound good for such an active person
hope the thumb does better for being strapped

when on slimming world I never counted anything taken for medication - so if I ONLY used the honey for that purpose I didnt count it - but was very aware of overdoing it
licorice root is supposed to be good if you cold develops into a cough - either bash it then boil it and strain as you would tea - but I used to just chew it
nice vegan option there - and I have NO idea the syn value of chewing on that :)

Thanks ladies :) no sign of a cough yet and I don't often get them so fingers crossed this is just a snot bug! I'm having to improvise with things around thr house at the min and honey and lemon is the best weapon. I can always have a low syn day later in the week to make up for it :)

Not got to be too active in the next few days - working until Saturday then off to London for a wedding. Sunday i will be resting up at my mums and then looking at some vans in London Monday to buy for a friend :) nothing too strenuous!

Ergh I have not stopped eating crap tonight, am feeling really under the weather and could do without work tomorrow really but no can do :) now having a hot chocolate and getting myself an early night, fingers crossed for some sleep tonight! X

Wishing you well for tomorrow at work and the bug disappearing quickly.

Get well soon Mandlegrot! X

hopefully you feel better soon - sprinkle some cinammon on the hot chocolate or in coffee if you drink it as that will help with the cold :):)

have a lovely weekend hope the sun shines for your friend :)

Enjoy the wedding on Sunday and not too much cake and champagne :D

Hope you thumb mends soon - got my wrist strapped up at the moment and it is a real pain.

Eugh. Today has been a total fail, been eating rubbish ALL DAY (chocolate, biscuits, bread, butter etc) and I'm really bloody ill. Got to go back to work tonight at 10pm to sleep, I slept in last night too and had the worst night's sleep in a while. Am going to have to get the OH to cook tonight which means non SW friendly but I really couldn't care less. I am contemplating not going to London tomorrow as I don't know if I can hack a 3+ hour drive and faffing on the tube etc. Will be a gutter to miss the wedding though but I don't want to be sneezing and coughing through it. ERGHHHHH why now!!! I haven't had a cold all winter!!

Oh Mandlegrot, so sorry to hear that! Can you really not get anyone to cover you tonight? Take care of yourself. xxx

Cold all gone. Wedding was excellent :)

However I have been well and truly off the rails for the week. Back on it today, yesterday was OK too but not great, under on my syns but my meals weren't too good. I am well expecting a gain tomorrow :(

Surprise pound off, i am shocked but very happy. I must have made good choices when I wasn't stuffing my face with wine, bread and chocolate :rolleyes:

I now feel a lot more motivated - went to my friends house for dinner after weigh in, had a few crisps (instead of loads), 2 celery sticks with hummous, chilli and rice (small bit of both) salad and 3 slices of bread...although I'm going to call one a healthy extra as I haven't used one yet today. I'm over on my syns for the day but I'm going to have 6-10 per day until I go to France next Thursday. Will be weighing in on Wednesday instead.

Europe trip will be a minefield - I'm off to a festival in France next weekend, although I'll have my van and cooker with me so can cook SW friendly-ish food. But after that I am driving down to Valencia solo to deliver a van to some friends, then flying home a few days later. It will be lovely to go back to Spain and drive about, but I will have no cooker in their van and no fridge, so my only options on the road are bread type things as i'm on a budget and being vegan is hard in Europe without a cooker lol.

Glad you enjoyed the wedding and congrats for the 1lb off.

Enjoy your driving in Spain - we drive over every time we go to UK and do the same as you - have the fridge full of stuff and have a car kettle so pot noodles if the worst comes to the worst. Being veggie in Spain is bad enough never mind Vegan - one restaurant we went in they started to pick the Chorizo out of the chickpea soup and said I could eat that :eek: that is why we don't eat out there plus if they give you veg it is usually out of a jar !!!

p.s - how is the thumb ?

Back