Lurk no more, fat no more

I'm very much looking forward to it. I drive down and did 2 months in Spain/Portugal last summer so will be nice to go back...wish I was driving my van down though as I have fridge/cooker etc so eating isn't a problem but I'm taking down a van for my friends and its not converted yet. I'm trying to find someone throwing out a mattress for me to sling in the back, and have found a 'suicide' camping stove that I can give to my friend on arrival as I won't be able t

Take it home on thr plane. Thankfully I have loads of lightweight mess trays and plastic cutlery which is super light so will be able to do some basic cooking on the way down.

My friends I'm driving it down for are going to put me up in Valencia for a few days and one of em is vegan so we can have some home cooked food :) I remember eating lots of bread and olives last summer, and gazpacho soup but that was about it! No meals out as my Spanish is rudimentary and their idea of veggie/vegan is very different to ours. Will be a nice little journey I love driving and getting to do such a nice drive for free is wicked :) the fruit and veg is so fresh and lovely out there am looking forward to tucking in.

Am going to try and map out some stops in small towns/villages so I can gt out and stretch my legs :) get some exercise in!

Good day today had a fruit salad and yogurt for brekkie (2 syns for soya yogurt) just had elevenses of ryvita minis :)

Lunch is gonna be a veggie stir fry
Dinner will either be vegan 'pizza' with wedges and salad or sweet potato chips, Linda macartney sausages and loads of veg...hmmmmm

Oh and thumb is getting better thanks:) I've not got the bandage on anymore as it was annoying me. I can nearly bend it proper and its not constantly sore but it still hurts if I bash it on something, which is a regular occurrence. Only thing I can't do is dig with my spade and cut veg with big knives. But that's no biggie I can get my OH to dig the allotment instead now ;)

Busy busy woman. Have a great trip.

Hope you're having a fab time Mandlegrot...

I've been at work all weekend, am off to France on Thursday woohoo!!

Am a bit worried though as my flatmate is quarantined by orders of the doc as he has mumps...I'm going home tomorrow and I didn't have my MMR so am super worried about getting ill before I go away...eughhhh why always so much stress!!

Oh dear. Hope you avoid it. xxx

Got home at 7am super tired. beached house for 3 hours. ate breakfast. then went out and bought a van on behalf of my friends, spent hours driving and getting stuff sorted for that, came home about 6.30pm, had dinner. ive been procrastiating since as it doesn't feel like I've had a day off, really wanted to get onto my allotment today but no such luck...going to be a quick session down there on weds after work but got weigh in, doctors and got to get me eyebrows done too plus go DVLA office. and clean, and pack stuff up. bleugh. sleep please!

Ooh 3lbs! thats awesome :) Hope you managed to catch up on you sleep :D xx

3lbs is awesome way to go xx

Back from Europe now...I ate absolute rubbish out there, but there was nothing else to eat on the road! Honestly, I don't understand how spanish/french people aren't really fat as all they sell is ****** cheese, ham and bread with crisps. No salad or anything!!! So for a vegan your ONLY option is bread and crisps when your on the road. not even any fruit salad or anything!! I am getting back on it tomorrow, its not going to be hard, I am looking forward to a stir fry with VEGETABLES WOW!!!!

I have a feeling that 3lb I lost has gone back on plus more....crap food plus 3 days constant driving (weather was awful in spain, took a full day to cross the pyrenees and get to valencia, should have been a half day job really). not a lot of exercise as driving then sleeping etc although i did some serious trekking in Barcelona yesterday (also toured a good percentage of the bars though, i can't turn down a cold cerveza!)

Sounds eventful :D shame about the foods and rain :( Did you have a good time otherwise?

Oh yes was lovely :) Back to work tomorrow, and back on plan too. Missed weigh in this morning as was sleeping haha will skip weigh in this week and book it as a holiday as I am so skint at the min :(

How you been getting on love? x

ACTUALLY stuff that, I want to know my holiday damage. Am going to weigh in down the road at half 7 tonight - i think it will kick me up the bum to get back on plan. Or, I might be pleasantly surprised? Not going to hold my breath!

Oh dear. 7.5lbs ON. I was expecting a gain but not that much. Although I have had a very sedentary week in Spain driving for days on end and eating 'euro sandwiches' which for a vegan, are basically crisps and baguette. SOMETIMES some salad, if you are really, really lucky and happy to pick out the chicken/eggs/cheese/other stuff. 7.5lbs is my whole months loss for April. Pretty disheartening, but I am determined to get it off - I put on 5lbs at the end of March and lost it all plus some the week after I got back into the zone so I'm hoping I can get a good chunk of it off by next Thursday's weigh in at my usual group.

I feel awful after a week of eating crap too, my stomach and bowels (TMI?) are feeling horrible and I felt knackered after only 30 mins on the allotment today. Am going to throw myself back into it with all of my energy, am starting to go swimming again too as that was doing wonders for my joints but I had to give up when I broke my thumb (its now feeling much better, still a bit sore if I knock it). Got loads of work to do on the allotment too so will crack on with that. Lots of shifts at work also which is good for getting up and moving. Meal plan for next few days is looking TASTY, lots of mexican/thai/malay/chinese. yum yum yum

Sounds like your determined :D :D It'll be off before you know it. I like the sound of your meal plan - love chinese! Mmmm... glad you had a lovely holiday despite them not having much suitable food. xxx

I feel so much better today having eaten some fruit and veg!! My body is thanking me :) am looking forward to weigh in next week, am going to push super hard this week. Squeeze in exercise where I can (working lots this week) and keeping to 10 syns a day. I feel like I've put on too can really notice it!!

Its amazing how nice it feels after eating heaps of fruits and veggies... much less of a blahh feeling you get with processed foods :) Woohoo for weigh in! Im sure you'll have an awesome loss :D xx

You will lose it no problem hun keep drinkingthat water and it will fall straight back off :) xx

Back