Lurk no more, fat no more

I haven't been drinking much, actually, I will have to up my water as I usually drink loads but got a bit of a sicky feeling today so not really feeling thirsty like usual. I've been right lazy today, its my only day off this week and I had some plans but the weather is awful so cleaning my van out or gardening don't really appeal :/

Breakfast - apple, 2 plums, soy yogurt. 4x ryvita, marmite and mixed salad. (2.5)
Lunch - high veg pasta and salad with balsamic vinegar. handful of savoury snack stuff left over from Spain (no idea why I ate it, I'm gonna play it safe and call it 6 syns)
Dinners gonna be 2 linda macartney sausages, wedges, and a heap of veg - mangetout, green beans, carrot, broccoli and peas. With some ketchup (2)

Was going to try and stick to under 10 syns a day but its going to be a bit hard until I get paid next week as I have no money at all so having to make do with what I've got :( As long as I stick on plan though and keep under 15 I should at least lose some and get back on it proper once I've been paid :)

thanks for all the support guys x

Haven't stopped eating and picking today :( well over on my syns by about 25 for the day!! Have been feeling a bit tetchy and had a day off work which should have been productive but weather has been crap so been cooped up indoors all day shivering feeling rubbish. Stress is mounting and it seems lately that everyone/company just wants to take my money, stress stress stress. Payday can't come soon enough, I have nothing in any of the banks!!! Not been this skint in a long time...is quite stressful really as I not got much diesel left in me van and once that runs out I'm not sure how I can get to work!! Plus eating on slimming world is bloody expensive and I just don't have the money for it until payday, so maybe in my weird head I was thinking 'sod it, eat what you want'. I'll be a lot better once I get to work tomorrow as I'll be on shift until Sunday pretty much and I don't have to worry about money, diesel or food at work :) gonna make up some meal plans that are as good as possible for while I'm working and hope that I get back into the zone there :)

Sorry you are feeling so skint :( I hate money but regardless- we all need it. Just try and stick to it as much as you can :) Im sure you will. Is it a long time until your payday? I think its a great idea to write a meal plan. All the best. xx

Basically my employer didn't pay me some of my overtime last month, so I'm £300 down which was all of my money for food and diesel!!! Both the vehicles are nearly empty and fridge is thinning out. Gonna have to raid thr change draw should be about £30 but that doesn't get you much in thr UK especially for a vegan on slimming world haha. Not getting paid for 9 days still...going to be tight! X

Today's going to be a test for emotional eating I had a really difficult day yesterday then had a mad morning with OH from 5am this morning, came into work at 7.30 and won't finish shift until 10pm tonight...gonna be ready to sleep. I'm just exhausted with all these money problems and **** with the OH, I'm worried about what will happen if we break up as I will have nowhere local to go, what will happen with work?? Crazy stuff going on and I'm just about keeping a lid on it, life went from 1000% amazing a few weeks back to down in the dumps with everyone taking money off me and people being idiots. Gonna try super hard to be good but I have no money for decent food plus just want to gorge on crap at thr min even though I know it solves nothing x

Oh Im sorry you and OH are having problems and your employer is not paying properly :( Don't give in to the temptation to emotion eat or you'll feel worse than you already do... I know its hard with all these what if's and how can I's running around in your head :/ But we are all here supporting you and you can PM me if you like. xx

Thanks love :)

Shouldn't be too hard to avoid bad food as I'm at work until Sunday night now so can't go to shops or pick at stuff in my cupboards. I feel a lot calmer now had a lovely day out with the guy I support and his smile has brightened me up at bit :) it's just scary cos I always have a backup plan for everything and an usually so in control but at thr min I have no money, no savings and I have no idea what I would do or where I would go if me and oh decided to split. I moved 100 miles from home to be with him and I'm settled here now but couldn't afford rent somewhere if I had to move out, its not a nice thing to think about but the way things are its probably heading that way and I have no clue what I would do and how I would even keep my job. At the same time I really don't want it to happen and am in denial of any of it. Eurghhhhh if only life could be simple :)

Just done a meal plan for rest of week, its looking good :) next week will be funny though haha all depends on the change draw when it gets raided after work on Sunday :)

Tomorrow I got scrambled tofu, beans and toast for brekkie, yummy. Lunch will be stir fry veg and noodles, dinner is veggie stuffed jacket potato, salad, Linda macartney free sausages and some tomato ragu from thr freezer. Only 2-4 syns for the day which means I can maybe scrape some of my overindulgence from the last few days :)

Ooh your menu sounds delish :D hope you are well and things get sorted for you quickly. xx

Just had my brekkie, was bloomin' lovely. Only had a small dollop of ketchup rather than the usual mass of it so only 1 syn for the lot :) already had 2 massive cups of water and now on my second green tea with lemon slices in it. Feeling a lot more positive about it today :)

I looked forward in my Calender and I have a challenging few months for weight loss; June is a minefield of weddings, festivals and BBQ's/birthdays and nights out. I'm aiming to get back down into the 13's by the end of may and just keep it that way in June...July looks promising to start getting down again but August...well. It doesn't bear thinking about! Don't think ill be getting any awards at any point this summer!! But who knows :) I'd love my 13.7 stone award before August! That's 'only' 11.5 lbs away!!

Sounds a very healthy morning :D Im sure you'll reach your stone award before August :D xx

My food today has been lovely and I've felt nicely full throughout the day. Come in at 200 cals under what I should be on myfitnesspal. Started using it today and its great to see stuff on there...I'm way under on how much saturated fat and salt I could have which is great...but apparently way over on my carbs and sugar haha (ate lots of fruit today) I was expecting my day to be higher than it was; came in at about 1500 cals but I haven't had any A choices as got no money for oat milk at the min. I was surprised to see I'd gone over on protein too, that's a big salute to all the people who ask silly questions about veganism and protein; its easy!

Work day has been ok pretty annoyed with staff today though, completely inconsistent with the usual routine and not listening at all when I'm raising concerns. This pisses me off as you won't get negative behaviour today but all hell will break loose tomorrow and boundaries will get pushed. You would presume experienced staff would be able to remember the very simple structure to the day :( I don't think some people like being promoted or challenged by someone half their age; fair enough, but I'm just trying to help the day go smoothly for the guy we support. Job stresses me out sometimes and its rarely the patients!!

Only had 1 syn today, oops!! But got nothing to eat and I'm not about to eat for the sake of it, I don't feel deprived at all and have eaten well through the day so no need to spoil it :)

Another great day today :) 7 syns in total had good meals and come nicely in target for daily calories on MFP. Both days I've been tracking my calories I've noticed I'm always double on dietary fiber, way over on carbs and sugar (I don't eat many things with processed sugar so it must be from all the fruit) and never go anywhere near thr fat and sodium. I've only had 20 out of 600 mg of cholesterol in thr last two takes, take that you horrible stuff!! 500% over on vit c, not including my vitamin c and zinc tablet in thr morning, oops!! Only thing I'm struggling with is iron, so any suggestions on how to incorporate more would be great.

Am deffo back in thr zone and it feels good. Had success express today too eating lots of fruit and veg. Feel so much more energised than I was a few days ago!!

Aww sounds good :) MFP is great isn't it :D Its amazing how many calories and other things foods have... :)

Hi all,

Have really been enjoying your posts, Mandlegrot, but no time to read them all as procrastinating - should be working. Story of my life ;-)

Am so envious of you on SW! Just joined WW last week as it's the only club that I can get to and am so p*d off with the points! Seems everything's got points except fruit & veg, no 'free' sausages etc. and I'm the worst veg*n ever, don't really like fruit & veg... Am almost exactly 5 stone over my 'goal' weight from 27 years ago - quite frightening where the time goes. Was quite easy to lose that time, but I was an animal eater then & not going there again. Have only signed up for a month to give it a try - but I think I'll have to stick with it as, sadly, it's the weekly class that keeps me on the straight and (not so) narrow. And at least on a plan of some kind I'm forced to eat more fruit & veg - can only be good!

Feels good too, to get some control over my eating and to be doing something.

Anyway, must get on. 3 proofs to do before tomorrow, and 2 of them are a nightmare. Might go & make a cup of tea (2 points!) first tho ;-). Coffee's got too many points - I love coffee with Rice Dream hazelnut & almond milk & it has 4 points a mug. Once I start on it, I can easily drink 6 of those a day. Might have to go back to drinking black tea too :-(

Nice to 'meet' you all!

Viv

Another great day today :)...
Am deffo back in thr zone and it feels good. Had success express today too eating lots of fruit and veg. Feel so much more energised than I was a few days ago!!

Ooooh that doesn't sound good :( Could you secretly do slimming world instead of WW but still get weighed in there so the weekly group is still there? I think I have my books still which were replaced by newer ones in December that I could send you? The changes that happened to warrant a new book don't really apply to vegans as you'd be on the green plan anyway. I know what you mean about the weekly weigh in, it does motivate me so much more than if I was doing it myself at home. No 'audience' at home haha!

I couldn't not eat fruit and veg. It would do me in, I had to pretty much eat carbs when I was in Spain last week as everything was drowning in meat/cheese/other rubbish, I have never felt so sick. Chips, bread, crisps which are all nice things in moderation but man, eating that for a week straight has put me off!! What sort of stuff do you like?

Glad you enjoyed my rambling haha, hope you get some good results for your first weigh in x

Had another good day today so far, low on syns (7.5) and MFP is looking good too. Got some mexican fried rice with fried veg and salad for dinner, going to be yummy :)

Have been working crazy hours so not had time to exercise or sort my allotment out, I'm getting itchy feet to get out there and move about. working through until Tuesday morning, but then I've got 2 days off :) I'm going to get on the allotment both days, and hopefully get down to the pool for a swim on one of the days but this depends if I can scrape some money for diesel somewhere. Thursday I'm working 7-3, then going to have a long walk along the railway track before weigh in at 5.30...I feel like I've lost weight, even just in these three days of being back 100% on plan. I hope i have!!!

Yes It does - as long as you are only using water - no stock or anything :)

Back